Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched a few of Collingwoods games over the last few weeks, and while IMO, they are a pretty average, middle of the ladder type of team, one thing that seem to bring every week is pressure on the ball carrier, both in chase and tackle, seeing that appears to be our Kryptonite, i am nervous about what might happen if we dont clean up our act significantly on what i had to endure tonight, Sugar Kayne should be straight back in the team at a bare minimum, and Majak needs to be given a tryout

Agreed. Just looked at who they have beaten/lost to. Not great reading.

Round 1: They just got over the line against Brisbane by 14 points
Round 2: Beaten at home by Adelaide in round 2 by 27 points (Crows kicked 12.18, could have been much worse)
Round 3: Smashed St Kilda by 74 points, doesn't say a whole lot
Round 4: Beat Essendon by 20 points on Anzac Day, their best win for the season, which is not saying much at all.
Round 5: Beat Carlton by 75 points, see round 3
Round 6: Smashed by Geelong by 41 points, a team we have beaten
Round 7: Lost to Richmond by 5 points, another team we have beaten
Round 8: Smashed a seriously undermanned Gold Coast by 69 points

Their 3 losses: Adelaide at home, Geelong at home, Richmond at home
Their 5 wins: Brisbane away, St Kilda at ES, Essendon at home, Carlton at home, Gold Coast away

Our four losses: Adelaide in Adelaide, Port at home (narrowly), Hawthorn at home and Fremantle in Perth
Our four wins: Brisbane at home, Geelong away, Richmond in Hobart, Essendon at ES (away)

I think we're travelling marginally better despite the 4-4 record compared to 5-3. Injuries are killing us, obviously.

However, it also hinges on how we match up against them on paper. There's also the intangible of us returning from Perth (the game is next Sunday, so that helps) and us playing angry (hopefully).

On balance, I'm confident we can win this one. We've had a decent record at the 'G recently.

Last edited:
LMac clearly goes. Gibbo must be looked at closely. I doubt Waite will come up. Swallow won't be back. Atley on the edge. Sadly we have little in the VFL that offer realistic options, due to injuries. An Adams would be handy now.
Hopefully Brown is fit and even though Black is out of form, after watching last night I can't help but think we may as well play him, although we won't. At his best he is genuine class and we need more of that. Too many blokes who don't have the skills. Pressure us and we can't retain possession and hit targets. Black is a good user, we need to be making the most of his assets.

Out: Gibson, Atley, LMac, Waite (inj).
In: Turner, Daw, Brown, Mullet
Dumont to get a full game.
Daw must get a game. We must mix it up as the current group is meh.

Will wait till after the VFL games for guessing changes. Hoping like * for big games from Majak and Mullet

Edit: just realized Maj won't play, that's pretty s**t.

Last edited:
Agreed. Just looked at who they have beaten/lost to. Not great reading.

Round 1: They just got over the line against Brisbane by 14 points
Round 2: Beaten at home by Adelaide in round 2 by 27 points (Crows kicked 12.18, could have been much worse)
Round 3: Smashed St Kilda by 74 points, doesn't say a whole lot
Round 4: Beat Essendon by 20 points on Anzac Day, their best win for the season, which is not saying much at all.
Round 5: Beat Carlton by 75 points, see round 3
Round 6: Smashed by Geelong by 41 points, a team we have beaten
Round 7: Lost to Richmond by 5 points, another team we have beaten
Round 8: Smashed a seriously undermanned Gold Coast by 69 points

Their 3 losses: Adelaide at home, Geelong at home, Richmond at home
Their 5 wins: Brisbane away, St Kilda at ES, Essendon at home, Carlton at home, Gold Coast away

Our four losses: Adelaide in Adelaide, Port at home (narrowly), Hawthorn at home and Fremantle in Perth
Our four wins: Brisbane at home, Geelong away, Richmond in Hobart, Essendon at ES (away)

I think we're travelling marginally better despite the 4-4 record compared to 5-3. Injuries are killing us, obviously.

However, it also hinges on how we match up against them on paper. There's also the intangible of us returning from Perth (the game is next Sunday, so that helps) and us playing angry (hopefully).

On balance, I'm confident we can win this one. We've had a decent record at the 'G recently.

We'll win two on the trot here, and the media will all of a sudden say we're back in vogue.

You don't need to be an actuary to realise the new formula for fixtures stinks, and therefor the early ladder and W/L isn't indicative of team rankings.

I'm assuming Majak was the traveling emergency because Waite was carrying a niggle.

They played Waite who spent 25 mins on the sideline during the game and didn't have any impact.

And now we have Majak missing a game of footy because he is in Perth.

That's a * up

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All three were travelling emegancies and all three will play today.
The red eye will make their game prep rubbish.... But a decent showing could see many a change.

I'm assuming Majak was the traveling emergency because of Waite was carrying a niggle.

They played Waite who spent 25 mins on the sideline during the game and didn't have any impact.

And now we have Majak missing a game of footy because he is on Perth.

That's a **** up

Of huge proportions, have a feeling Maj won't be at North next season.

All three were travelling emegancies and all three will play today.
The red eye will make their game prep rubbish.... But a decent showing could see many a change.

Bloody hell that would be hard. Would they have got any sleep?

I think he'll get another chance at North this year. He needs to make the most of it

I think he needs to be given an extended run at it, not a game here and there.

I suppose my frustration is that Petrie has 11 goals 8. Waite 13 goals 8.

Thomas 18 goals 10 and Higgins 13 goals 8.

What is Thomas our big burly full forward. I don't mind that Daw hasn't got a game when those in the side are on fire, but sheesh we must set the bar low for some guys.

Benny Brown 12 goals 5.

There's a few clubs interested in Daw, they won't offer much in the way of a trade, but he'll get AFL game time and the money that comes with it.

Injuries are killing us.

Our three best midfielders and our most effective forward out while our third key tall suffered an in-game injury while we played an undefeated, full strength team at home. I can't understand the surprise that we were belted last night.

I can't see Swallow, Wells or Brown returning this week which leaves us short of options to replace our out of form players.

McDonald & Gibson particularly need to go play some VFL football until they can reliably hit targets and handle pressure football. Jacobs was average last night but to me he's had a good month and deserves his spot for now.

Mullett would like his chances to replace McDonald where as I'm at a loss as to who we replace Gibson with, do we have any midfielders playing VFL right now?

B.S. has announced the team for next week !

Archer11 IUB BigEasy
Phillyroo Chazdog Tazaa
Twinkletoes Spitta2azza Gorman2 Geister
Hojuman Niko74 Chadwiko
Donkeychop Zondor Benbanjo

Gasometer Nate7 Ziebull

Boneofshin. Onlyfowards. Marklovesbeer. K4E

Apologies to all l have left out. I'm your Ash Watson, Liam Anthony type. You'll get a game the next week after l'm dropped. :(
Im 6'3 95kg and you got me playing in the pocket? you're part of the problem!!!!

Can we have someone who selects a proper team please

B.S. has announced the team for next week !

Archer11 IUB BigEasy
Phillyroo Chazdog Tazaa
Twinkletoes Spitta2azza Gorman2 Geister
Hojuman Niko74 Chadwiko
Donkeychop Zondor Benbanjo

Gasometer Nate7 Ziebull

Boneofshin. Onlyfowards. Marklovesbeer. K4E

Apologies to all l have left out. I'm your Ash Watson, Liam Anthony type. You'll get a game the next week after l'm dropped. :(
I'm only 6 foot so I could struggle at chb but I will have a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back