Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Grimes Chaplin Batchelor
Dea Rance Houli
B.Ellis Cotchin Deledio
Martin Grifftiths Edwards
McBean Reiwoldt Morris
Maric Miles Vlastuin
Hunt Grigg Menadue sub: McIntosh

Corey Ellis didn't do a lot wrong but looked very tired, first 3 games against Geelong, Collingwood and Port was a big ask.
Bringing in Dea should release Vlastuin into the middle and allow Houli higher up the ground.
Deledio is ready to go back into the middle now. Menadue deserves a full game now.

Bit of constructive criticism here, but I was hoping he'd do more.

He was completely freed up while Cotchin was being tagged, did nothing to help him out. He wasn't really dangerous until the final quarter and even then his disposals weren't too damaging.

If he's in that situation again I want to see a better game. only 2 tackles, under 30 touches, only just over 50% disposal efficiency. Not good signs from an elite mid.

Fingers crossed it's just being shaky early in the season and he'll move on and improve from this point.
Srs? Was huge all game I thought. His field kicking was good without being great but his handballing was sublime. Opened up a number of passages. Same with Deledio. Both had a number of clearances.

Quote from me in the pre match...

"Two sides that big things were expected of, Port to be a certain top four side and a lot of "experts" tip for the flag, Richmond a possible top eight side aiming to win a final, one side coached by a combination of Barrassi, Hafey and Clarkson and one side coached by a combination of Neeld, Frawley and Watson, both sides, interestingly, at 3-4.
In Adelaide, the premiership contenders, Port, should win comfortably but the rabble, Richmond, will win by 33 points."

200.gif

Are you Pasquali in disguise

heck I loved that, we killed them. ******* silence around their shitheap; perfect.

C.Ellis is so smart with the footy I love it, Menadue's defensive tackling and sprinting after the ball handler was incredibly impressive, and McIntosh was everywhere again his repeat efforts are setting the standard at the moment. These three guys are all best 22 on todays performance and I couldn't be happier about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quote from me in the pre match...

"Two sides that big things were expected of, Port to be a certain top four side and a lot of "experts" tip for the flag, Richmond a possible top eight side aiming to win a final, one side coached by a combination of Barrassi, Hafey and Clarkson and one side coached by a combination of Neeld, Frawley and Watson, both sides, interestingly, at 3-4.
In Adelaide, the premiership contenders, Port, should win comfortably but the rabble, Richmond, will win by 33 points."

200.gif
Haha nice, this was me a few weeks ago
Round 7 vs Collingwood win
Round 8 vs Port Adelaide win
Round 9 vs Essendon win
Round 10 vs Fremantle lose

We'll be 5-5 going into the bye, lock it in

And Grigg was again great, he's putting his head over the footy and finding the right option, and really; what more did we need him to do to solidify himself in our midfield?
Probably the footskills more relevant to kicking a football rather than sending something into orbit

Terrific team effort, played with great intensity and purpose and if we play like that every week we will do fine.

So many contributions and even better Cotch was well held and Sheds was pretty quiet, yet we still won comfortably. Great win :)
top win all round ...

Keep Corey & Menadue in the side, despite a quiet one for CE.

Menadue is going to be such a steal!

Showed 1 passage of play early that had class written all over it - when he baulked 2 defenders and had a ping. He kicked it out on the full but you can't fudge or show this type of class if you don't own it.

Keep playing that C. Ellis boy, I like what I see.

Back