Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Macintosh was good again today.
His is hard to tackle and is really good in close.
He just needs to tidy up his field kicking and he will be a star
He should stay in the team for the rest of the year easily
He stood out early in the season but like that he's now become more solid and dependable. Standing out can come again.

LOVED the clash jumper. Loved, loved, loved.
Commentary was terrible. Only one side playing.
How bad is Mark Ricciuto. If you didnt know it you would think he played for port. Incredibly he was probably worse when Adelaide played them.
I think he tries too hard to be unbiased and goes too far the other way when it comes to P/A.

I have not watched the game yet - just listened to the MMM commentary.

We should have beaten Bulldogs and Melbourne - two games we would have pencilled in at the start of the year. We could not beat Geelong, when they were ripe for the picking. I blamed Dimma for the sideways chipping crap.

Having said that, we would have pencilled in losses against Collingwood (given our recent history) and Port, due to the scars of last year's elimination final AND the fact that we could have easily let Port run into form. So the ledger is suddenly what we would have almost expected ?

So I give credit to Dimma - ESPECIALLY the third quarter, when Port threw the kitchen sink at us. Somehow, we weathered the storm and there was a plan put into place for the negating role on Houli. Most teams realize that if you shut down his run off half back (especially without Lids), then we struggle to score. This quarter reminded me of Wallace's coaching against Adelaide at Etihad. Tactically brilliant.

As I mentioned - I have not seen the replay - but as I've been critical of Dimma this year - I would like to give him credit for today. One of his really good coaching performances.

Jack is a matchwinner. He IS the tiger Spirit. Maric won out clearances and beat two VERY good players in Lobbe and Ryder. If Miles could take an overhead grab, you would swear Tuck has run into a purple patch. A tough clearance machine. I am a fan of Bachelor - unconventional, but tonight he was very good. Seems the puzzle is starting to complete itself.

What I would like to see - is the continuing faith in the kids. Menadue, C. Ellis and McIntosh. They CAN play. No need to reply on the serviceable Newman and Foley. Get some games into these kids - they are the future.

Can't wait to watch the replay.

Out - Vickery (injured - hopefully not for too long)
In - McBean

How bad is Mark Ricciuto. If you didnt know it you would think he played for port. Incredibly he was probably worse when Adelaide played them.
I think he tries too hard to be unbiased and goes too far the other way when it comes to P/A.

Gerard Healy has am hatred for us as well. Love it

So happy. I was calling for Dimma to react better and have more flexibility in the game plan. Yet to watch the game, though it is clear he did his home work. So looking forward to seeing the replay. Also if Jack Riewoldt and Lids are not the most underrated players in the AFL then Dimmetriou was an upstanding, collaborative and effective CEO of the AFL.

Haven't read through this yet so I'll just give my 2 cents quickly.
Aside from all the obvious ones, thought Morris was really good today and (would have held it anyway) holds his spot for sure.
Jack... wow. Didn't know you were a midfielder mate, what an awesome footballer.
Awesome win, love the Tiges, loved the yellow jumper, yellow everywhere, should play in it EVERY away game.
Bugger about Vickery, hope it's not too serious, McBean comes straight back in as the only change.
Dons did it easy today, we will be sore make no mistake, tough game coming up but bloody AWESOME today, carn the Tigers.

Haha dad was over in Adelaide and emailing me, on the walk out some flogs were threatening to throw him in the river. Ferals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macintosh was good again today.
His is hard to tackle and is really good in close.
He just needs to tidy up his field kicking and he will be a star
He should stay in the team for the rest of the year easily
He plays as a mid atm who naturally gravitates back to defense, which is great for us. I still think he is a tall running defender and should play as such.
Imo he could easily play third tall and in time even play kp if we wished to go down that path.

His kicking is quite sound i think he rushes things a bit atm. Hopefully as he becomes more accustomed to the pace of afl he will learn to compose himself a bit more or find a way to buy himself a little time. He looks a beauty atm for a what 7 game player.

\
Was the crowd attendance poor today because port aren't in the 8 or because their fans think Cornes is selfish???

expected a sell out :confused:

Lets go with the first.....Anyone that play 300 ganme deserves respect on their final game.

Well done Cornsy on 300 games. Piss poor effort Adelaide crowd

He's an idiot.

Finally home from the game but you beauty!!!!

Work will be awesome this week that's for sure. Quick shout out to Menadue for that goal!

How's Vickery? How serious? Great team effort today! In the 8 too which is kind of a shock.

Said it last week and I'll say it again this week, Jack Reiwoldt is a ******* gun. Tore Carlile a new one in attack but that was largely due to the amount of work he did presenting up the ground, even helping out the defence on numerous occasions. He reads the ball so well and has exquisite skills, so good at bringing others into the game. He's probably our most team-orientated player and all the calls of him being selfish are laughable, as were the commentators saying his workrate tonight was as good as they have ever seen it, he does it every single week just never gets credit for it. He's a genuine star.

Finey still struggling on SEN and the highlight is STILL the Eurovision.

Now he's on about Adam Goodes and Australian of the year and those booing him.

Current. Not much. The footy played tonight might be.

Total fail for Fine tonight.

Back