2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Just the two games this week, but both with interest.

Epping vs Watsonia. The Blues have been all over the place lately while the Saints have been the season's surprise. Giving the Blues one more chance.
St Marys vs South Morang. The Lions should be able to comfortably handle the Sainters in this one and again remind everyone why they are the premiership favourites.

Anyone saw what happened at the sm game, read on their site Mitch Buckley in hospital having scans?
Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Cant believe the result at Epping reserve. Great effort from my Wats boys. Like to commend as fearless leader Matty Crompton. Crommo leads by example and solid game by J.Allan and A. Bennett looking dangerous around goals. Still confident we will have a big say come finals time. Cory got the boys on track despite the blemish against Morang. My biggest disappointment thus far are St.Marys. look way of the pace. As im mates with the injured skipper Costanzo he cant understand the poor showing. Recruited ok. Got a big lad down back from Bundoora (beldere?) Who looked good during ore season but has been off the boil so far. Watched replay myself today to have this confimed. Momo Just wants to get back out and lead his boys.

Also have a few close mates at St.Marys and from all reports Belvedere is leading their bnf so far...

I see that they've been missing a few every week and the missing players are quality (O'Donell, Guldon, Costanzo) just to name a few.

Have to agree with you though they've been disappointing so far.
Huge game between them and Wats this week.

Absolutely nobody wanted to go near Paul Harrison on Saturday.. Hard to watch as a neutral St Marys take 1 step forward then 1 step backward... Inconsistency kills them

watch St Mary's come out and beat watsy by 40 this week, big week on the track for the burra i bet.
Gee the big fella at the helm will be doung back flips (actually not possible porky borgy). He puts countless hours in only to have a inconsistent side. At some stage the term young side cant be used. Dont necessarily agree with morangs recruiting either as short term view. But the burra may need some experience. Harrison is a flat track bully. Big dry grounds will expose their lack of speed. Another bundy ex kilmore guy S. Frump? Doesn't cover ground well either. Might help with a flag this year but div 2 im not sure of. Do however have exciting talent coming through if they can keep them. Im still backing my Wats boys to shake it up come seasons end.

Gee the big fella at the helm will be doung back flips (actually not possible porky borgy). He puts countless hours in only to have a inconsistent side. At some stage the term young side cant be used. Dont necessarily agree with morangs recruiting either as short term view. But the burra may need some experience. Harrison is a flat track bully. Big dry grounds will expose their lack of speed. Another bundy ex kilmore guy S. Frump? Doesn't cover ground well either. Might help with a flag this year but div 2 im not sure of. Do however have exciting talent coming through if they can keep them
Gee the big fella at the helm will be doung back flips (actually not possible porky borgy). He puts countless hours in only to have a inconsistent side. At some stage the term young side cant be used. Dont necessarily agree with morangs recruiting either as short term view. But the burra may need some experience. Harrison is a flat track bully. Big dry grounds will expose their lack of speed. Another bundy ex kilmore guy S. Frump? Doesn't cover ground well either. Might help with a flag this year but div 2 im not sure of. Do however have exciting talent coming through if they can keep them. Im still backing my Wats boys to shake it up come seasons end.

Your spot on with the young kids coming through and keeping them was going to be a hard thing if we don't actively try to get out of div 3 and I'm pretty certain all the blokes recruited are going to well and truly help us do that, harrison a flat track bully lol come on he's kicked goals against all the top teams besides Epping and it was pissing rain that day in saying that it wasn't his greatest game , crump has been off hopefully after a couple of weeks rest he will be back , don't forget Harrison has brought pretty much all our recruits with him one being close too the best player in the comp in Luke Shelton who is still only 25

Your spot on with the young kids coming through and keeping them was going to be a hard thing if we don't actively try to get out of div 3 and I'm pretty certain all the blokes recruited are going to well and truly help us do that, harrison a flat track bully lol come on he's kicked goals against all the top teams besides Epping and it was pissing rain that day in saying that it wasn't his greatest game , crump has been off hopefully after a couple of weeks rest he will be back , don't forget Harrison has brought pretty much all our recruits with him one being close too the best player in the comp in Luke Shelton who is still only 25
Is Shelton no 36? Left footer? If so he is one paced. 25 yold? Gee had a hard life then. Looks 40

Close 35 , how about instead of just potting blokes who are playing good footy you just worry about your Watsonia.
Wats showing you probably shouldn't be peaking in may. Jezza missed a few games. Andy finding his feet after missing most of last year. Im tipping them to hit their straps soon. J.Allan arguably one of the comps best.
Not potting blokes but some serious coin leaving the Lions. Hope it works for them. Im behind Corey and Co #imwithwatsalltheway

Wats showing you probably shouldn't be peaking in may. Jezza missed a few games. Andy finding his feet after missing most of last year. Im tipping them to hit their straps soon. J.Allan arguably one of the comps best.
Not potting blokes but some serious coin leaving the Lions. Hope it works for them. Im behind Corey and Co #imwithwatsalltheway

As apposed to what peaking in April. Didn't Wats win their first 4 games and haven't won one since.
I would of thought the idea was to move up one division at a time. Looks like what Morang are trying to do. You can reset each year if you go up. That's what Thomastown did they weren't content with going up they went out and got what they needed in division 2. The better players will go to clubs in division 1 and 2 so its a year by year climb. As for Shelton I would have thought you would have got his number right. I saw the morang, wats game and he tore Wats a new one.

As apposed to what peaking in April. Didn't Wats win their first 4 games and haven't won one since.
I would of thought the idea was to move up one division at a time. Looks like what Morang are trying to do. You can reset each year if you go up. That's what Thomastown did they weren't content with going up they went out and got what they needed in division 2. The better players will go to clubs in division 1 and 2 so its a year by year climb. As for Shelton I would have thought you would have got his number right. I saw the morang, wats game and he tore Wats a new one.
Bit harsh i was one number out. Think you'll find thomo spent considerably less than nearly every div3 side and would prob be close again this year. No money hungry blokes there like morang. Us at Wats are being cautious with money. Young side taking small steps opposed to huge cheques

Bit harsh i was one number out. Think you'll find thomo spent considerably less than nearly every div3 side and would prob be close again this year. No money hungry blokes there like morang. Us at Wats are being cautious with money. Young side taking small steps opposed to huge cheques

I think you will find wats tried to throw big dollars but just couldn't get the blokes , they offered Harrison a lot more than morang ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be in town this weekend however big cross swamp derby at Heidelberg Park with West v Banyule. Big ins for the cwazy bears with gun recruit Gumbleton being named along with Will Drapac, a surprising late transfer from Macleod.
Light the fire drums and chill the cans - should be fun.

A couple of cracker games this holiday weekend and hope that all get good crowds.

Watsonia vs St Marys. Think the home ground Sainters will prevail over the visiting sainters who have been inconsistent lately.
West Heidelberg vs Banyule. Was favouring the Hawks early in the week but with the big ins for the Bears expect them to finally get a much needed win.
South Morang vs Reservoir. The Mustangs have been playing well recently but don't think they can match it with the premiership favourite Lions.

Won't be in town this weekend however big cross swamp derby at Heidelberg Park with West v Banyule. Big ins for the cwazy bears with gun recruit Gumbleton being named along with Will Drapac, a surprising late transfer from Macleod.
Light the fire drums and chill the cans - should be fun.

We obviously know how good gumbleton could potentially be but a very handy get with drapac to strengthen their backline aswell

Round 9 Tips
Watsonia vs St.Mary's - Great game from Watsonia last week at the Pingers home ground. In the end, probably stiff not to snatch it in the last as a few opportunities went begging. Tipping they will bounce back this week against the Burra. Wats by 33 pts
Heid West vs Banyule - The big debut of Scotty G will be the focus on this clash. Will be interesting to see the role he plays. I am going to go with my gut instincts and back the Hawks to get on the board this week. Heid West by 7 pts
Sth Morang vs Reservoir - The Mustangs' recent form has converted me to a believer in them and the way they are going about it. I think they can take it up to anyone in the comp on their day. I think this will be a huge clash and looking forward to it. The match ups will be intriguing. Hard to tip against the mighty Lions at their own turf, but think it will be a great game and nothing like round one. Lions by 5 pts

Burra v Saints
Turning in to a good local rivalry, Similar sides age and talent wise.
Both coming off losses St marys were embarrassed and will want to take their anger out on the Wats.
There's less than a km between these clubs and I feel this game will be decided by less than a goal.
DRAW

Hawks v Bears
Huge in for the Bears with Gumby, Cant see the Heidy West defence containing him, Gumby to kick 6 minimum
Bears by 40 points

Lions v Mustangs
Huge game, Mustangs running in to form big time but the Lions just seem a step ahead of everyone this seasons, dismantled the improved Burra easily. Gonna have to go with the Lions as i think they cover the ground better than Resa

Lions by 56 points

St Mary's v Watsy - St Mary's are just inconsistent, but they have some handy ins this week Guldon really gives them that reliable target at CHF. However I think Watsy will get the points, they play there ground brilliantly and I reckon Andy B will suck a few cheap goals out of the young St Mary's defences especially if Patti starts down that end. - Watsy 18

South Morang v Reser - I reckon these are best 2 sides in it, The Mustangs are slowly building after a poor pre season. Judd Darby is very impressive in the middle, the big concern for Mustangs is O'Meara and Flavel bring no fwd pressure at all and teams are setting up off them. South are getting better every week, they run deep and will work the Mustangs over - South Morang 16

West v Banyule - All the talk will be about how many will Gumbleton kick? Heard he might play in the ruck. West are 0-6 but are much better than that having had real handy leads against Epping (5 goals) Watsy (20 points) late in games and stormed home against South Morang to lose by a point. I reckon they are due and Banyule might be a little distracted with all the big names. West 9 points

Will Drapac and Adam Barclay big ins this week for the Bears, but non bigger then Gumby. Surely he stands close to goal and kicks a bag. 3-4defenders go to him and Italia, Barclay and Mcdonald will reap the benefits

Went and watch the mighty ressa on Saturday, were very stiff not to be a lot closer and I believe this season is far from a one team race. Watched a fair bit of the 2's as well and saw one of morang a recruits running around I think it's Crump. What an absolute dud, won't play another senior game at Morang and waste of a recruit. Anyway still believe my boys ressa will be very close when the wips are cracking

Went and watch the mighty ressa on Saturday, were very stiff not to be a lot closer and I believe this season is far from a one team race. Watched a fair bit of the 2's as well and saw one of morang a recruits running around I think it's Crump. What an absolute dud, won't play another senior game at Morang and waste of a recruit. Anyway still believe my boys ressa will be very close when the wips are cracking

Smart move judge a player on watching 1st game back after missing. did you notice that dud kicked 9 goals against Ressa in the same game first round.

Smart move judge a player on watching 1st game back after missing. did you notice that dud kicked 9 goals against Ressa in the same game first round.
So he kicked 9 when we had half a side in? I'm saying will be a s**t senior player, he may be a handy reserves player, but that's even doubtful!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back