List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you guys had the chance to move to Sydney and you decided not to. I remember it as well as my first live game I ever went to was a North Melbourne home game at the SCG.

So the choice is to cease existing as a club and move to Sydney for AFL guaranteed success. We may have just as well merged with Carlton back in the late 80's. Any future success would have meant about as much.

In the last decade the Swans have missed the finals once. Now that the AFL's hard work has come to fruition (also closing in on 50,000 members) you are absolutely right that they will continue to support their ability to pay above everyone else down south. Long term success in NSW is now a reality and it will not go away any time soon. Manufactured success for the benefit of the bottom line.

It'll be interesting to see what the AFL do to replicate this success for GWS and GC. 6 points for a win maybe.....

It just emphasises how hard we have to work to have any type of success and that we really have to make the most of any opportunity. The AFL will be doing all it can to have Sydney, GWS and GC as perennial finalists. Not many spots left in a final 8....

Kind of sounds like the Aaron black deal

It does. I was pretty happy with the Black deal at the time given the terms Freo were offering. Now the AB Airbus is grounded, looks like a shitful deal.

What do you do? Stick to 2/3 year deals and watch these players walk ala Greenwood, or sign them up and watch them stagnate or go backwards?

Yes please! Just went on the Pies forum to check their reaction and couldn't believe that SS is out of contract. Would be a really good get but would come at a cost. I recall his draft year when wet took Jack but I'm sure Steele came under consideration,be nice to get them both!

He went a couple of picks later.

Well you guys had the chance to move to Sydney and you decided not to. I remember it as well as my first live game I ever went to was a North Melbourne home game at the SCG.

Had a mate who had chance to sell a kidney and decided not to. I remember it as well as my first holiday I ever went to was a Thailand toolies holiday in Bangkok. Now he's having to work 9-5 to make ends meet.

No doubt they will want the Demons to be back up and running and competitive for the flag.

Doubt it will be the level of blatant cheating that enables/d the Lions and Swans gifted premierships, but yep, no doubt there will be plenty of support.

Blatant cheating? You might be forgetting mate.

Unless cheating doesn't constitute tanking, getting fined but reimbursed via AFL grant, never stripped of any players or picks and getting players poached via expansion clubs and FA and but getting nicely overcompensated in the process.

Plus mysteriously finding the huge coin required while struggling as a club to coax a serial job-decliner back into senior coaching.

Blatant cheating? You might be forgetting mate.

Unless cheating doesn't constitute tanking, getting fined but reimbursed via AFL grant, never stripped of any players or picks and getting players poached via expansion clubs and FA and but getting nicely overcompensated in the process.

Plus mysteriously finding the huge coin required while struggling as a club to coax a serial job-decliner back into senior coaching.

Please don't mention that club again my interest in all things AFL is declining rapidly, some days I almost wish North relocated so I'd never have to cast an eye over the happenings in the *C.C.F.L.

* Corporate Company Football League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@sam_mcclure: Dan Hannebery turned down 6 year contract offers at North Melbourne and Richmond and 7 years at Melbourne to stay a Swan for life.

Hopefully we go hard for Motlop or Treloar now. good to know we have plenty of cap space!

@sam_mcclure: Dan Hannebery turned down 6 year contract offers at North Melbourne and Richmond and 7 years at Melbourne to stay a Swan for life.

Hopefully we go hard for Motlop or Treloar now. good to know we have plenty of cap space!
How would McClure know what we were offering? Was it common knowledge we were offering 6 years? I didn't know.

He is making that up, Hannebery contracted for another 12 months anyway. So it would be against the the rules for clubs to put in an offer.

This bloke is the one on 3aw yeah?. Gets most of his s**t wrong.

You're not seriously suggesting clubs don't go after contracted players because they are worried about breaking the rules are you?

Where have you been for the last few years bro?

There's no integrity left in the AFL

Young Matt Perry's my best mate's son and out of the same school he and I (and scooby) went to. He's a ripper kid and I hope he kicks on. Shifter Sheahan certainly gave him a massive pump up after his goal v WA last weekend, backed by the other commentators. His dad, being a hard arse who's seen how difficult it is to break through via his older son Jordan's trevails prior, says "yeah, he's going ok but he has a hell of a lot of work to do." Gav Brown has known Matt for years and would be the ideal bloke to help him develop his potential to its maximum. Do it Euge!

Perry in Bests again. :)

Perry in Bests again. :)

With a bung shoulder for most of it too. Spoke to his old man as they drove back from Geelong and his shoulder's fine. Matt Perry's one of three sons of mates, and footy teammates of mine from school days, who's playing in this carnival. He's hoping for a rookie spot (if there is a rookie draft still) and the others (Jack Silvagni and Ben Keays) are looking at F/S and Brisbane Lions Academy selection pics respectively. It's sensational following your mates' kids' fortunes in this era of a clear pathway from junior footy to AFL ranks. I wish it existed back in our day, rather than the path we faced which involved being invited to preseason training based purely on your address and the club you were zoned to.

You're not seriously suggesting clubs don't go after contracted players because they are worried about breaking the rules are you?

Where have you been for the last few years bro?

There's no integrity left in the AFL

I get that, but a club isnt going to come out and say we offered 6 @ this price, admitting to offering a contracted player a contract.

But hey you are right, stuff all integrity left in this game so who knows.

I get that, but a club isnt going to come out and say we offered 6 @ this price, admitting to offering a contracted player a contract.

But hey you are right, stuff all integrity left in this game so who knows.

I'd be angry if we didn't offer him 6.

Now I'd put a similar deal in front of Parker.

Bennel should be another target along with the obvious one Swallow.

I'd be angry if we didn't offer him 6.

Now I'd put a similar deal in front of Parker.

Bennel should be another target along with the obvious one Swallow.
Yep, cast the net wide. If we have learnt anything from this year it's that we lack midfield potency. Need hard running players with the body and skill to break games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back