Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why Faulkner isn't in the squad? Blokes ripping it up in county cricket

Simple... Clarke doesn't like him... Same reason Joe Burns who was good over summer has vanished as well

Oh, and the selectors like the romance of father/sons, so the Marsh's get precedence
Should be a shoe into the squad, 32 with the bat 23 with the ball.

Simple... Clarke doesn't like him... Same reason Joe Burns who was good over summer has vanished as well

Oh, and the selectors like the romance of father/sons, so the Marsh's get precedence
Not quite; Faulkner got done for drink driving whilst on county duties...

Shithouse time for it...

Shattered to hear news of F1 driver Jules Bianchi passing away today from injuries suffered in the horrific crash at Suzuka last year :(
#ForzaJules

1564879-33294947-640-360.jpg

Not quite; Faulkner got done for drink driving whilst on county duties...

Shithouse time for it...
Drink Driving suspended for 4 international games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone on here watch Gotham? If so, any good?

It starts off well but then stagnates and becomes another serial in a way that it just loses cohesion and you find yourself asking "why am I watching this?". Everyone I know watching it, including myself dropped it before season 1 was finished simply because it lost us as a viewer. This is basically the complete opposite of the Flash that started off slow and boring and then hit its stride into a pretty decent show, or Arrow which has teetered a bit into the Lost category of trying to do too much whilst also being Batman, but has otherwise remained steady.

So what I['m saying is, Gotham isn't really worth it, could have been much better than it is, Flash and Arrow are the DC serials you should be watching, and Daredevil > Agent Carter > Agents of SHIELD on Marvels front. IMO, Marvel seems to have more balls in their TV serials whilst DC have tried dark and gritty with Gotham and Arrow with mixed success and succeeded with lighthearted Flash.

Also, fair to say for the two weeks I was in England, I missed AFL the most, and came across a NSW school cricket team on the flight home in Abu Dhabi, so also missed the first test since my friend I was staying with didn't have Sky Sports who were televising it and she didn't feel like driving and sitting with me for a day. I am then ashamed to say I was jet lagged yesterday and fell asleep at 2:30pm and at the start of the Ashes coverage, so also missed the last day at Lords.

It starts off well but then stagnates and becomes another serial in a way that it just loses cohesion and you find yourself asking "why am I watching this?". Everyone I know watching it, including myself dropped it before season 1 was finished simply because it lost us as a viewer. This is basically the complete opposite of the Flash that started off slow and boring and then hit its stride into a pretty decent show, or Arrow which has teetered a bit into the Lost category of trying to do too much whilst also being Batman, but has otherwise remained steady.

So what I['m saying is, Gotham isn't really worth it, could have been much better than it is, Flash and Arrow are the DC serials you should be watching, and Daredevil > Agent Carter > Agents of SHIELD on Marvels front. IMO, Marvel seems to have more balls in their TV serials whilst DC have tried dark and gritty with Gotham and Arrow with mixed success and succeeded with lighthearted Flash.

Also, fair to say for the two weeks I was in England, I missed AFL the most, and came across a NSW school cricket team on the flight home in Abu Dhabi, so also missed the first test since my friend I was staying with didn't have Sky Sports who were televising it and she didn't feel like driving and sitting with me for a day. I am then ashamed to say I was jet lagged yesterday and fell asleep at 2:30pm and at the start of the Ashes coverage, so also missed the last day at Lords.
Cheers. That's a bummer cause it looks like it could be a really cool show and a different look at the Batman story. Got a mate who's really into Arrow so I might have to give that a go, only really embraced the comic book genre this year to be honest.

Cheers. That's a bummer cause it looks like it could be a really cool show and a different look at the Batman story. Got a mate who's really into Arrow so I might have to give that a go, only really embraced the comic book genre this year to be honest.
There is no contest between Gotham and Arrow. Gotham had soooooo much potential, but has really proven to be too, um, introspective, shall we say... Arrow is great, though. Get into that.

For fans of the Predator franchise, watch this awesome 10 minute fan film, set in World War 2. Filmed in Hawaii with a budget of only $500! :eek:

Before the Melbourne game on Southern Cross (7) there was a replay of the 1992 second elimination final. The Saints beat Collingwood on a wet day at Waverly by 8 points. I was startled by the quality of the football. Both Locket and Ron McKeown were excellent as key forwards. Rob Harvey was weaving his magic. Great to see Nicky Winmar and one of my real favourites, Gilbert McAdam, as well as Dwyer. Morris, Loewe etc. I think were were premiership capable.
I saw this team beat Collingwood by 2 points on the Queens Birthday Game at the G that year. Collingwood were also a strong team at this time. West Coast went on to win the GF.

Holy snapping duckshit!!!!
is anybody else stupid enough to be working outside today like I am.
That wind is colder than an old witches arse on a brass broomstick :eek:
Its f f f freeezing :(
Yes mate, 12 lawns to mow and 20 odd trees to plant Happy Days :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back