Unofficial Preview Changes V Carlton (Reid, Blair, Sinkers & Marsh in, four omitted or rested, see OP for team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why play Young when he us Crap at VFL Level and is the Human Turnover Machine.

We be going Backwards bringing him back

Have revised my position and now have sinclair in there.

Im just so torn about our forward structure (assuming cloke returns)

If we drop witts and bring back reid and cloke, it means Moore has to backup ruck which isnt ideal so early in his career.

That would mean either white has to come in or we dont drop witts. That then leaves us too tall.

The fact is we need to play either witts or white...or we back moore in to ruck 10% amd grundy 90%

Other option is to drop moore and play white, grundy and cloke.

But i think we need to pump games into moore so thats not an option.

The last option is to play reid in defence amd play white, moore and cloke forward.

I have to say im leaning on using moore as the backup ruck. Grundy enjoys been a solo ruck, and if we are desperate we can use cloke in the ruck to chop out.

Our best forward line is cloke, reid and moore. If that structure is going to work long term, then Moore has to ruck eventually. We cant play 3 talls and 2 rucks.

Aren't you asking a bit much of Moore to do 2nd ruck?
We got Cox coming through and he should be doing the 2nd ruck / fwd role.

In: Heath Shaw

the guy is running amok!!!!! B&F and AA this year

How awesome would it be to see Shaw, Williams and Langdon in defence. 3 players that actually defend by getting the footy. We have too many defence first defenders. Can't happen in modern footy. It's why Freo get pantsed against the hawks

Moore definitely too play out the season and will benefit from the experience, this guy has the hunger too succeed as opposed to some of the passengers. FAZ hit it right to many islands on the day , play as a team or surrender the dream. ..

Backs
Toovey Brown Maynard
Williams Frost Langdon

Mids
Grundy Pendlebury Crisp
Adams Sidebottom Swan

Forwards
Varcoe Moore Reid
Fasolo White Elliott

Int
Scharenberg Greenwood Marsh Sinclair

Exactly so it should be Reid and White in for Witts or Grundy.
Yep if it is true cloke will be out then definitely witts and de goey out for reid and white.

My chosen selections:

In: reid, white, sinclair, marsh, karnezis

Out: Maynard, witts, De Goey, Frost, Karnezis

Goldy if fit gets in over karnezis.

This might sound strange but i feel for seedsman. He has literally been in and out for 2 months.

I reckon either drop him to the 2s and force him to play consistently for a month before ge earns selection, or play him in the 1s consistently. I think he needs to put 3 games together in the 2s and be brimming with confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been off line for most of the weekend.
Having a quick skim through this thread it seems we should get rid of the lot of them and start again:rolleyes::eek:

However Swanny has made a change for next week's game - he's shaved his beard off!
We'll be right now!:thumbsu:

I've been off line for most of the weekend.
Having a quick skim through this thread it seems we should get rid of the lot of them and start again:rolleyes::eek:

However Swanny has made a change for next week's game - he's shaved his beard off!
We'll be right now!:thumbsu:

But I liked his beard:(

Fair enough that's disappointing!

Im assuming white needs to come back although judging by the VFL report he didn't do much.

In - White, Reid
Out - Witts, Seedsman
I agree with you. Im sick of losing, and with Witts and Grundy we lose. Drop one of Witts or Grundy. Bring back white for structure importance and Reid to take pressure off Moore.

Reid/Moore/White is our best structure right now. When Cloke comes back it becomes an interesting debate as Reid and Moore both cannot go into the ruck. Reid will be injured in the first contest and Moore isn't physically ready. Cloke could do it, whether it's something the club want to do with our best keyforward is another issue.

I agree with you. Im sick of losing, and with Witts and Grundy we lose. Drop one of Witts or Grundy. Bring back white for structure importance and Reid to take pressure off Moore.

Reid/Moore/White is our best structure right now. When Cloke comes back it becomes an interesting debate as Reid and Moore both cannot go into the ruck. Reid will be injured in the first contest and Moore isn't physically ready. Cloke could do it, whether it's something the club want to do with our best keyforward is another issue.
We have gone to crap since we played 2 ruckman. Then again bucks is probably just thinking we aren't going to win a flag this year we might as well play 2 and hope one develops into a decent forward.

In
Sinclair
White
Reid

Out
Dwyer
Seedsman
Frost

Sinclair replaces Dwyer, Sinclair slots into our backline freeing up Varcoe to play that small forward goal kicking/pressure role. Dwyer unlucky.

Mr White should not have been dropped, absolutely ridiculous. Seedsman very quiet.

If Reid is fit then he is our best option at CHB.
Frost unlucky but I feel Reid's rebound and kicking skills are way to valuable.

Maynard was shocking.
Pendlebury needs a rest.
Seedsman is finshed.

Reid needs to play.
Marsh needs to debut.
Blair needs to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back