Unofficial Preview Changes V Carlton (Reid, Blair, Sinkers & Marsh in, four omitted or rested, see OP for team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckley hasnt dropped, and wont drop Witts, and heres why:

We have now lost 6 games in a row carrying 2 ruckmen, we are soooo slow. I think anyone can see that we really cant get the most out of Witts and Grundy playing them together.

I honestly think Buckley 2 weeks ago gave the season away. We needed a win from that tough 4 game run, didnt manage one then lost 3 key players and it just became a bit too tough.

Dropping Witts and making him play out the season in the 2's will send his value through the floor. I think he will be part of the Treloar deal, and the coaching staff are trying to generate artificial value in him. Would also explain the questionable Seedsman inclusion, trying to compensate for it. Just a thought, hence why i dont see him getting dropped the rest of the year, even though he clearly should

So Bucks is Sacrificing Wins for Development. I really don’t like that Idea.

Do that in the VFL with Cox and Witts/Grundy Then

Do we give him a contract extension end of year, or do we delist him?

I'd reckon that's the bigger question being asked of him at the moment.
Keep him. I'm not sure that he's destined for greatness, but he does have some assets (penetrating kick, good run) which could be handy if other elements of his game are developed (smarts, better contested game).

Witts will be a gun it would be stupid to trade him
Yeah he may be a really good number 1 ruckman, but almost everyone is in agreement that Grundy is and will be better.

50/50 ruck combos have been proven time and time again to not work and Witts has shown absolutely nothing as a forward.

He is being played for development and will be a solid number 1 ruckman in the future but it won't be ahead of Grundy and probably at another club.

Do we give him a contract extension end of year, or do we delist him?

I'd reckon that's the bigger question being asked of him at the moment.

Doesn't have the defensive capabilities to play back, poor overhead, wouldn't call him an intelligent player and struggles in the contest. All pretty major flaws that a big preseason or two isn't going to fix. Delist.

Out: Dwyer, Witts, Seedsman
In: Kennedy, Cloke, White

White can play backup to Grundy in the ruck, and we have three mobile talls again.

Out: Witts/Grundy (whoever needs a rest) Seedsman

In: White Reid

B: Langdon - Brown - Toovey
HB: Williams - Frost - Maynard
C: Sidebottom - Adams - Varcoe
HF: Fasolo - Reid - Swan
F: Elliott - White - Moore
R: Grundy/Witts Pendlebury Greenwood

INT: Crisp - DeGoey - Scharenberg
SUB: Dwyer

Last edited:
Out: Dwyer, Witts, Seedsman
In: Kennedy, Cloke, White

White can play backup to Grundy in the ruck, and we have three mobile talls again.

Dwyer out? He was one of the few to show composure in the front half.

We're going to have to wait until tomorrow to see who performs in the VFL. Cloke will be out another week, for sure. But:

Out: Seedsman, De Goey
In: White, best small from VFL (Blair, Kennedy, ?)

Unless White does something really good today I wouldn't even consider bringing him back. Personally I would prefer to see Reid or just continue with the second ruck.
Finals is a pipe dream now. Even if we were to win all our remaining games it doesn't guarantee a finals birth. White is not part of the future so no need to bring him in unless of course he puts his hand up today and leaves selectors no choice.

Need to get games into kids, but cant have a full team of kids. I would balance it now to make sure as many kids on the list get a taste...but also give our experienced players at vfl level another crack too.

In: Cloke, White, Goldsack/Reid, Young, Marsh

Out: Maynard, de goey, Seedsman, Frost, Witts

We get games into Marsh and shaz, but also name a really strong side.

I bring white back because we need another backup ruck and moore isnt ready for that yet.

This side has reid in defence if he plays.

Frost needs a rest. He has been trailing his men in for a month. Gives Marsh a crack at it, whilst havung experienced heads like brown, reid and goldsack around him

Dwyer out? He was one of the few to show composure in the front half.

We're going to have to wait until tomorrow to see who performs in the VFL. Cloke will be out another week, for sure. But:

Out: Seedsman, De Goey
In: White, best small from VFL (Blair, Kennedy, ?)
16 touches and it's time to play the kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Cloke available:

B:Toovey Brown Williams
HB: Langdon Reid Varcoe
C: Sidebottom Adams Crisp
HF Blair Cloke Elliot
F Fasolo Moore White
R: Grundy Pendles Swan
Int: Shaz Gooboy Greenwood Dwyer

If no Cloke:

B:Toovey Brown Williams
HB: Langdon Marsh Varcoe
C: Sidebottom Adams Crisp
HF Blair Reid Elliot
F Fasolo Moore White
R: Grundy Pendles Swan
Inter Shaz Gooboy Greenwood Dwyer

One positive out of yesterday is we all now know we need White to play. We all feel he can give more but in that role he compares pretty well v the rest of the comp

IF Reid plays a Full Game I bring him in before White

Provided all are fit (a big if):
In:
Cloke -obviously
Reid -as 2nd key forward
White -as 3rd key forward/2nd ruck
Sinclair -need more run out of backline

Out:
Witts -not giving enough around ground
Moore -unlucky, but with Cloke, Reid and White forward line would be top-heavy
Seedsman -lost all confidence
Maynard -too many half backs of the same type

GET RID OF WITTS IVE BEEN SAYING IT FOR A MONTH

out: witts, seedsman, maybe dwyer or maynard

in: reid, cloke, marsh (can we see marsh play plz??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back