Unofficial Preview Changes V Carlton (Reid, Blair, Sinkers & Marsh in, four omitted or rested, see OP for team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, if we play like we did today. But Carlton have played like that and worse all season, and we should be embarrassed enough to make sure we put in a decent effort.

Heads will Role IF not

Play Maynard, Moore, Scharenberg, Marsh, Karnezis, and anyone else worth a chance for the rest of the season. The cue is in the rack, we may as well have a look at as many as possible

Out:
Langdon, Brown, Williams, Toovet, Frost, Maynard, Seeds, Swan, Sidebottom, Adams, Moore, Degoey, Fas, Grundy, Varco, Witts, Crisp,
Pendles, Dwyer, Grrenwood, Shaz & Elliot.

In:
THE BIG SHOW

We can still have 120 rotations and win the game. If we need a sub then he can also wear the vest. Some say he can be in 2 places at the same time.

I think they are already in jeopardy. Ed was p****ed today with that performance. ....
You think MM would be calling Ed to get a feel for a comeback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd just add to the chorus of those wanting to banish the Seed. He hasn't played well in the VFL, and his performance today showed that he was undeserving of the spot. Maybe we needed some run and carry in the side, but if he can't produce it in the VFL, why would we think he can do it in the seniors. He might yet become a decent player, but he's not there yet.

Do we give him a contract extension end of year, or do we delist him?

I'd reckon that's the bigger question being asked of him at the moment.

Trade him if he's still got value, If not and its a shallow draft demote him to the rookie list.

Playing two ruckmen has NEVER worked for Collingwood in the past six years. I have no idea why it's being persisted with now. Grundy, despite being shorter than Witts, is a much more competitive player and can at the very least limit the effectiveness of the opposition ruckman's taps. Witts is just a slow, lumbering lump who gets knocked off balance far too easily. There is nothing that he can't learn from playing VFL football instead of AFL.

Grundy is the better option going forward. He always looks better when he plays as the lone ruck because he needs to follow the ball to get involved. He gets lost playing forward because he doesn't know how to put himself in dangerous positions.

Could not agree more. He's similar to Goldstein and Jacobs in that they enjoy the workload but are also one-position players.
Grundy was much better earlier in the season when he only had Gault and White for support. If we forget Gault, we can still function with White as the 2nd ruck and Reid/Darcy as the 2nd fwd (when Cloke comes back)

As for Witts, he may be good, but we were hoping the same with Guy Richards as well. I say we take the risk, trade him to Essendon or GWS for draft picks

He lacks the intensity to play at the top level, he has no consistency and for a lifelong Collingwood supporter as he says he is, he lacks heart and doesn't play for the jumper

The latter for mine.

Has been at the club long enough to be turning in solid consistent football but for whatever reason hasn't and I doubt now that he ever will. You can't keep persevering with blokes like that (ditto Ben Sinclair) before enough finally is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back