EPL Clubs Falling Behind Elite

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh look. Same suspect instigating an argument that blows up in his face.

In terms of the European scene I can see why a Liverpool supporter is panicking. In reality I'm sure EPL is generally fine.

And the same suspect throwing their .02 in it seems.

I find it adorable how it is always exactly the same non-Man City/Chelsea fans who seem to drop whatever they are doing and rush to Man City/Chelsea's defences. You have to admire their commitment. :rainbow::)
Thankfully I am a supporter of two lower league teams. Would rather drink my own diarrhoea than get involved with your lot. This is a principle thing.

I just thought a comment saying Liverpool were closer to a league title than City to a UCL title is funny, mainly because City win league titles. Just a lame comparison.

I just thought a comment saying Liverpool were closer to a league title than City to a UCL title is funny, mainly because City win league titles. Just a lame comparison.

City have won 2 league titles. Liverpool have won the CL once in its current form. Your argument has no merit. This discussion is over.

City have won 2 league titles. Liverpool have won the CL once in its current form. Your argument has no merit. This discussion is over.

Is it over because you are coming across as stupid?

You came close to winning the EPL title in a period where City has won it, that alone kind of makes the point you made very stupid.

Worst case you have to be in the UCL to have a chance of winning it.

Is it over because you are coming across as stupid?

You came close to winning the EPL title in a period where City has won it, that alone kind of makes the point you made very stupid.

Worst case you have to be in the UCL to have a chance of winning it.
city have strengthened since then and pool have gone backwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the long run we'll try and build a team to win more leagues and cups. We'll spend as much as we can afford to give us our best chance.

What Liverpool do to achieve the best they can is up to them.

My issue was the idea that one of the biggest spenders in premier league history are a sell to buy club. They're not, and nor should they be ashamed or embarrassed by spending money to try and win things.

5 times.

booker-t-spinaroonie-o.gif

Even though the EPL spent the most money by far last summer La Liga's spread of quality teams means this season they'll be the first league to have 5 teams play in the CL. While the EPL have fallen very far behind the elite, clearly its not just Real and Barca setting the lofty standards

I thought extra spots was awarded for Fair Play?

Even though the EPL spent the most money by far last summer La Liga's spread of quality teams means this season they'll be the first league to have 5 teams play in the CL. While the EPL have fallen very far behind the elite, clearly its not just Real and Barca setting the lofty standards

Hold your horses, fella. Spain only has five teams now on the virtue that as of this season, it is now possible to have 5 teams from one league in the CL (The four that Spain, Germany, and England gets plus the EL winner (which was only awarded a place as of last season).

Note that this only applies to the EL winner if they don’t finish in the CL places. If the CL winner doesn’t finish in the CL places in their league, then the lowest CL qualifier has to play in the Europa, since UEFA rules dictate that only four clubs from one league can enter.

Basically put: If Sevilla finished 4th and Valencia 5th, Valencia would be in the EL. However, since Sevilla finished 5th, the EL Winner’s right to a CL place was activated.

That's why Tottenham were so miffed when they lost the CL place to Chelsea after Chelsea finished 6th, but won the CL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back