Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

I concede this might happen, based on what I've heard and know, I believe we'll match and trade. There is no scenario that seems plausible to me that sees our club gain the compensation pick and then do some trade that gives us a better result, the AFL will almost certainly block such a trade. IMO
But people are assuming that AFC and GFC are not running their ideas by the AFL before agreeing to anything.

Another one pressuring the Crows to bend over and beg for it gentle. Why should we do that when at the very least we could get a top 10 pick and likely even more?

Forget all the chest beating and rhetoric on Big Footy. We will get bent over here. We will either accept the compo or he will go to Geelong in the draft.
If Geelong can trade with other clubs to pick up Dangerfield in the draft, then they can short cut that process and trade with Adelaide. Connors is shitting bricks.

Lol Hutchy suggesting we'll trade our Pick 13 for Geelong's Pick 9 and that'll be enough to get the deal across the line.

Call in the men in white coats.
It's not just Dangerfield he's low balling he's doing the same with Lachie Henderson, saying no way is Henderson is worth a 1st round pick blah blah......fact is Henderson is worth a 1st and Dangerfield is worth 2.

Stephen Wells was also on and he didn't sound like they were ready to give up low picks.

Said compo pick was fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media don't know jack sh*t what is going on atm, not even other clubs know what Adelaide are doing.
Getting most of the rumours from BigFooty it would seem lol

lol TWR; Murdoch and pick 9 would do it.

Are they saying with the pick 14 compensation as well as proposed by David King?

This is going to end in tears...

Remember Lachie Henderson is involved, which means Carlton is involved, which means Trigg fingerprints will be on it.

Stephen Wells was also on and he didn't sound like they were ready to give up low picks.

Said compo pick was fair
Nah - I didn't hear that at all. I thought Wells was much more along the lines of a trade being quite possible ... but they wouldn't give up everything for one player. Which is right. They will give up the minimum to satisfy AFC - nothing more.

If we get Pick 14 from compo then we hand over Mackay for pick 9 ... then I'll be all for it. I am not looking for AFC to match AT ALL COSTS. No-one should. We are looking for the best outcome for us - couldn't care less about what Geelong do. This is just an example, don't shoot me for including Mackay's name - but I do think Mackay would like a new start though ... he is stagnating and going to rot in the SANFL at this rate. Surely his ego would want him to have a shot at another club?

We would then have Pick 9, 13, 14 and no Mackay hanging around our necks for the next 3 years. We would have some real currency to trade for players - and we would walk out of the Trade Period with a better list and a couple of low picks to replenish the list with young talent inside the top 20.

I know we all want our club to be tough and take a stand - but we should really want our club to be smart as well. Get us what we need, I don't care about the details of how or from whom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back