List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my review of this thread after catching up from being away for 10 days.

- No one knows s**t about anything the club is doing.
- People are upset that players they don`t really rate are no longer an option
- The over glorifying of our youngsters on the list is simmering but not yet bubbling away......another fortnight it should be right by then
- The dribble on here will hit bukkake proportions b4 any trade is done.

The only real signature l want to see is Goldy's

That's spot on, although I'd also like to see Sam Wright's signature (he's the guy people wanted to trade out this time last year).

This. It makes me think it less likely that we'll secure a massive name on a big salary because Goldy's salary will have to be significantly increased next year. He could easily get 800k+ on the open market. Although I'm sure our list management staff will be all over that.
But surely (?!) he'd be on 500+ already. I understand we'd need to pay him closer to 800-1mil, but there's still residual cash left over..

Haha everyone needs to relax trade week officially starts next week, the Hawks are known to do the best work during trade period without media getting wind of it and this year it will be north. Chillax everyone.

I'll hunt you down Scooby if we don't win trade week :mad:

And I did mention little loyalty there's a diference against total loyalty yeah??
If this way of thinking is what you say is a loser mentality, I can live with that.......but if you knew me well you wouldnt describe me as a person who settles on participating on things for the fun of it.
Believe me, the comment is not personal, and l never considered the conclusions mentioned above.

I'm really against the sentiment that appears to be growing on this board, where some posters appear to believe that improving the strength of the team immediately is somehow disloyal to the player who would currently be next-in-line. It's incumbent upon the player to improve to improve the team, not incumbent upon the team to go backwards to accommodate the player who is next-in-line.

It might be that I interpreted your comment completely incorrectly, but it was with these thoughts in mind that I replied.

And oh look, it's the Tuesday before trade week, and I accidentally took this thread seriously for a second. : stern blush:

I think you need to look at the entire squad before you start throwing those numbers around.........I think youve over rated Goldy with your salary estimates my friend.
Maybe - but really just acknowledging that he'd be due for an increase in his next (career best) contract. All I was really trying to do was see if there were many other blokes on the list whose contracts are due that would decrease the clubs capacity to chase players in the trade / free agency period.

It's probably somewhere else in another contracts forum, but the question remains valid; do we have money to spend or not?

Maybe - but really just acknowledging that he'd be due for an increase in his next (career best) contract. All I was really trying to do was see if there were many other blokes on the list whose contracts are due that would decrease the clubs capacity to chase players in the trade / free agency period.

It's probably somewhere else in another contracts forum, but the question remains valid; do we have money to spend or not?
Also consider Ziebell, Thomas and Wright if they stay, Garner and McDonald if they develop well, Dal Santo and Waite if they play on ... that's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine we do and if the speculation is to be believed, we've had a crack at spending it (Treloar, Carlisle, Hartlett, Bennell). However, one thing worse than missing out on a Treloar type is paying overs for a non elite or non franchise type. Better off keeping our powder dry for a year than spending for the sake of spending.

Waiting for roos rool to tell us how his mates are telling him we're redrafting Danny Stevens 'cause his brother was on Today Tonight. But not today or tonight.
I don't have a brother. My cousin once tried out for Millionaire Hot Seat but he told me they didn't let him on the show because he is too smart. He barracks for Richmond.

Also consider Ziebell, Thomas and Wright if they stay, Garner and McDonald if they develop well, Dal Santo and Waite if they play on ... that's it.

Yeah - if you're not counting the beans we don't really have any idea. Garner & McDonald's next contracts 'should' be larger than their current (although large increases are unlikely at this stage). Ziebell is most likely already well renumerated, Thomas not sure & Sammy ....

It is an interesting time. I'd like to think that there is some room to spend if the right targets are there. If not, then keep the powder dry...

Hearing north are after sidebottom with a fair offer. Not sure if true

September 10th I wrote this:

"Sidebottom becomes a free agent next year, maybe now is the time for a club to strike and get him out of Collingwood."

I think clubs will start to offload players before they become free agents and with Treloar coming in their cap will be tight.

Would be a great target and a super get for us, but Collingwood don't usually lose the one's they want to keep.

September 10th I wrote this:

"Sidebottom becomes a free agent next year, maybe now is the time for a club to strike and get him out of Collingwood."

I think clubs will start to offload players before they become free agents and with Treloar coming in their cap will be tight.

Would be a great target and a super get for us, but Collingwood don't usually lose the one's they want to keep.

Sidebottom us a very important player to them, just below pendles to their side.
Lose him and that really negates getting trealor.

Sidey would be huge for us - does it all and has great skill n great decision maker

I am happy for us to go the draft if nothing significant interests us, none of the retirees are best 22 anyway, i reckon extend the young blokes like cunners, ziebell, etc for a few years and front load their contracts with the extra cap space we have, if we have $1m surplus and lose another mil in retirees next year we hunt free agents for 2016 now and put down two massive deals on two gun players, Danger and Ablett had committed to pissing off before their last season began.

I don't want us putting a bunch of second rate footballers on the list. I rather go the shotgun approach on a bunch of kids and only keep them past year 2 if they show any promise, don't hang on to mediocre young guys like a bad case of an STD when we know they are not any chance of being anything other than mediocre.

I am happy for us to go the draft if nothing significant interests us, none of the retirees are best 22 anyway, i reckon extend the young blokes like cunners, ziebell, etc for a few years and front load their contracts with the extra cap space we have, if we have $1m surplus and lose another mil in retirees next year we hunt free agents for 2016 now and put down two massive deals on two gun players, Danger and Ablett had committed to pissing off before their last season began.

I don't want us putting a bunch of second rate footballers on the list. I rather go the shotgun approach on a bunch of kids and only keep them past year 2 if they show any promise, don't hang on to mediocre young guys like a bad case of an STD when we know they are not any chance of being anything other than mediocre.
And in two cases, fourth rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back