List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots on here seem to be overrating the durability of our talls. It's a massive gamble to think we will not have to regularly call on a back up ruck even if we go with a one ruck set up.

Dixon has ongoing ankle issues, and I'd guess we'd be hoping for 15-20 games from him.

Ryder has an Achilles injury and the unknown WADA factor.

Trengove ain't exactly a picture of durability, and seems to feature less as a second ruck.

Schulz will be managed more and more - probably aiming at a 15 game ceiling.

Westhoff is the only one without any ongoing injury concerns.

There are a huge amount of variables to gamble with here. Not to mention the fact every seems to have written off Lobbe in terms of any improvement, despite the fact he was much better than serviceable in 2014, and isn't particularly old in ruck terms.

Pick 12 for Lobbe is HUGE.

You'd just about have to do that.

We'd need to trade in/draft a semi-competent ruck option that is ~22-25 years old and able to cover for Ryder if he's out. Someone like Lycett.
Lobbe won't be traded out without the club bringing in some backup. They wouldn't risk a shot at the flag next year by not having insurance for if Ryder is banned. So everyone that is worried about Lobbe being traded should just have faith that the club will do its due diligence before trading him.

If it's generally accepted that Toumpas is worth a second round pick I shudder to think the price West Coast would put on Lycett

Lol

It is not , and should not be generally accepted Toumpas is worth a second. Maybe a late second. I wouldn't part with young for him. I would be hesitant to trade our second pick for him. Moore is about right.

Considering they are only going to be back-ups obviously they ain't going to be Goldstein types.

Daw has performed quite good when given the opportunity.
Witts has shown that he can perform at AFL level.
Lycett has also shown that he is up to AFL standard.
Warnock has shown glimpses.
Clarke has shown potential.
Lobb and Downie look decent if they could string more games together.
Minson and Griffen are on their last legs so would only consider them as a last resort.
Gorring was a pick 10, although he hasn't shown much i would defiantly take the punt on him with our fourth rounder or even in the rookie draft.
Would have to be one of Lycett, Lobb or Downie.

Watching a few West Coast games towards the end of last year Lycett played the second ruck/forward role very well. Slotted 2-3 goals in quite a few games towards the end of the season and was considered above Sinclair (who played in the GF this year). Unfortunately this year he injured his knee and hasn't been able to force himself back in. Would definitely pursue him if Lobbe goes out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I would take pick 12 and run, we are all assuming that Schulz and Dixon all get through the majority of the year. If one gets injured or out of form, Ryder up forward would help enormously. If Ryder gets seriously injured as well we can basically say goodbye to our premiership chances next year and everyone would be saying what a disaster it was to trade Lobbe.

Even if pick 12 is on the table I don't think Ken and Co would do it (even though I probably would)

I really don't foresee any issues playing 8 talls.

Schulz, Dixon, Westhoff, Ryder & Lobbe can all play in the same 22. It's doubtful Westhoff will spend any decent amount of time in our F50 anyway. Also, didn't Sydney run with a similar structure? A new quadrangle of doom with talented players this time around. We'll be bloody hard to match up on especially given the diversity of players we'll have up forward at any given time during a game.

Just came up with some potential trades if Lobbe does leave for Richmond's pick 12:

pick 10 for Dixon.
Pick 12 and pick 65 for Redden and pick 21.
Pick 29, 2016 second pick and O'Shea for Menzel.
Moore and pick 47 for Toumpas.

Overall:

Out: 10, Lobbe, 12, 65, 29, ?, O'Shea, Moore and 47.
In: Dixon, Redden, 21, Menzel, Toumpas.

Pick 21 could be used on a player such as Ah Chee, Burton, Milera, Collins, Clarke or Oliver.

If we were to acquire these players we would be one of the favorites for the flag next year.

What they would bring to the team:

- Inside grunt from Redden.
- Power forward in Dixon.
- Silky forward to release Wingard up the ground more often.
- Toumpas as outside depth with the potential to be a regular in the team.

Just came up with some potential trades if Lobbe does leave for Richmond's pick 12:

pick 10 for Dixon.
Pick 12 and pick 65 for Redden and pick 21.
Pick 29, 2016 second pick and O'Shea for Menzel.
Moore and pick 47 for Toumpas.

Overall:

Out: 10, Lobbe, 12, 65, 29, ?, O'Shea, Moore and 47.
In: Dixon, Redden, 21, Menzel, Toumpas.

Pick 21 could be used on a player such as Ah Chee, Burton, Milera, Collins, Clarke or Oliver.

If we were to acquire these players we would be one of the favorites for the flag next year.

What they would bring to the team:

- Inside grunt from Redden.
- Power forward in Dixon.
- Silky forward to release Wingard up the ground more often.
- Toumpas as outside depth with the potential to be a regular in the team.
O'Shea and two picks for Menzel?

Seems like a massive loss.

Don't think Carlton would accept a pick around 35 and O'Shea.
Menzel has a big ceiling, would love to get him, but don't think they will accept pick 35 and O'Shea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back