List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lobbe spends 2016 in the SANFL we'd be lucky to get a late 2nd rounder for him.

yes, that is true.

Given Lobbe needs to agree to a trade, unless Ken advises Lobbe that he is very unlikely to be regular 22, regardless of form, I would think a Lobbe trade is a genuine long shot.

Don't be so naive Tredrea's vested interest is to fuel the 24 hour media cycle with stories because that's where his living is made.
Remember he was the one who broke the Hammer getting traded story too.

incorrect. McClure and Barrett were the ones saying Hartlett HAD to be traded to afford Charlie Dixon. Tredders stated correctly that Hamish had two big offers from Richmond and North Melbourne and they were so large, that Hamish would be an idiot not to consider them. He always maintained Port wanted to keep him, and Hamish did not want to leave but might not be able to turn down once in a lifetime contract.

Tredders is correct on almost all rumours/info he drops on Port Adelaide.

Don't be so naive Tredrea's vested interest is to fuel the 24 hour media cycle with stories because that's where his living is made.

Would Tredders really have that much inside info? the coaching staff, club administrators and probably 70% of the team weren't at the club when he played his last year.

to those who are saying this definitley wont happen. rememeber where there is smoke there is fire. Even with hartlett, he said that there was interest and big offers out there. so none of it was shite, the only part that was shite was to do with him wanting to go.
But hartlett is definite first starter on a big wage. Lobbe isnt anymore, and he is on a long contract that is reported as being 400k per year. If richmond...the club he supported as a kid, come in and say that they want him as first ruck with a 100k wage increase...and richmond offer us pick 11, then all of a sudden those who said it wont happen will start to think different

incorrect. McClure and Barrett were the ones saying Hartlett HAD to be traded to afford Charlie Dixon. Tredders stated correctly that Hamish had two big offers from Richmond and North Melbourne and they were so large, that Hamish would be an idiot not to consider them. He always maintained Port wanted to keep him, and Hamish did not want to leave but might not be able to turn down once in a lifetime contract.

Tredders is correct on almost all rumours/info he drops on Port Adelaide.

Happy to be corrected - you're right

Lobbe might be one of the players the club is seeking market value clarification on but I don't think it will proceed any further than that. Lobbe will be playing at Port next year, I don't think there is much chance of him being traded.

there are a lot of people on this site that do actually have some inside knowledge, then there are others that speculate. The trick to it is to figure out who those are in the know and filter out the rest.

Im a speculator so i have no clue, but based on the info coming from those that usually have good info.....

Bennell definitley isnt coming to port

Toumpass wants to come to port, dont want to go to the crows

Lobbe is happy at port, but IS a chance to be traded. He is currently weighing up his future based on levels of interest and what they are offering against what port are planning for him.

Hartlett had great offers, but wants to stay at port.

young and moore getting shopped around with a few nibbles but nothing concrete

are there any mature age recruits in the local leagues likely to come under consideration given a pretty shallow talent pool in this years draft?

any Lee Spurrs et al looking for an opportunity?
Who did we choose over Leigh Spur again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who did we choose over Leigh Spur again?

Darren Pfeiffer, other names available at the time: Brisbane's Justin Clarke, Adelaide's rory laird and Carlton's tom bell. In that very same year we bypassed Lachie Neale for the great Nathan blee & brendon ah chee. Neale and Spurr I loved at the time, both sa boys, both passed on by us :cry:

Trade out Lobbe for 12
Pick 10 and 12 for Dixon and 20/or 2016 first rounder

God no! Gold Coast get 12 and we keep 10. To bring in talent like Dixon and Toumpas as well as drafting in the top 10 = ******* blue murder.

2015 trade / draft period is all about helping us win the 2016 - 17 - 18 flags

Losing Lobbe will not help us win those flags, so a big NO

2015 trade / draft period is all about helping us win the 2016 - 17 - 18 flags

Losing Lobbe will not help us win those flags, so a big NO

That's where I disagree. I dont think lobbe is a duo ruckman. He is at best when flying solo. We need a second ruck that is also a pretty good forward. Lobbe isn't that

F
Darren Pfeiffer, other names available at the time: Brisbane's Justin Clarke, Adelaide's rory laird and Carlton's tom bell. In that very same year we bypassed Lachie Neale for the great Nathan blee & brendon ah chee. Neale and Spurr I loved at the time, both sa boys, both passed on by us :cry:
Further more to that story, we never spoke to neale at all, even though he was a port supporter. I found that really interesting when speaking to someone close to him.

to those who are saying this definitley wont happen. rememeber where there is smoke there is fire. Even with hartlett, he said that there was interest and big offers out there. so none of it was shite, the only part that was shite was to do with him wanting to go.
But hartlett is definite first starter on a big wage. Lobbe isnt anymore, and he is on a long contract that is reported as being 400k per year. If richmond...the club he supported as a kid, come in and say that they want him as first ruck with a 100k wage increase...and richmond offer us pick 11, then all of a sudden those who said it wont happen will start to think different

Definitely WONT happen. The Big Lobster will be a Port Adelaide player for life.

You can take that to the bank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back