Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Belgium

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other team

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Poles will park the bus knowing 0-0 or 1-1 gets them through, need the Irish to score early and then its game on

Yep, if Ireland can score early it'll be very interesting.

The focus on Bale for Wales is fair, but consider the fact they've only conceded 2 goals in qualifying. That's an enormous success for their defence.

Yeah good on them but mostly it was because of their 7-2-1 formation. Very difficult to play against. Their GD in this group is +5. Belgium has +17, and both Bosnia & Herzegovina and Israel have +4.

Wales vs England right now, who wins?

It wasn't exactly a hard group but with 9 wins out of 9 and a GD of +25, England deserves some credit.

With Hodgson in charge anyone could beat England when it really matters. Worst thing that could happen to them in the short term was getting such a soft draw and him keeping his job

I reckon France will win it, I voted Germany initially a while back, but being in France gives them a huge advantage, and they don't exactly have a poor side.
I'd say it's out of those 2. All depends on how France adapt not having played a meaningful match in 2 years to then having the weight of the whole nation on them. If they struggle with the expectation Germany will be there to pounce

France :D

Should've been 1-6 or something.

I agree though. You often see sides being average before or even at the start of tournaments and then finding form when it matters. I'd put my money on France and Germany too.

Somehow though I can see us beat France (we've played them 3 times in the last 3 years - 2 draws and a win) but I cannot see us get past Germany.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

France :D

Should've been 1-6 or something.

I agree though. You often see sides being average before or even at the start of tournaments and then finding form when it matters. I'd put my money on France and Germany too.

Somehow though I can see us beat France (we've played them 3 times in the last 3 years - 2 draws and a win) but I cannot see us get past Germany.

Belgium are an awesome team. I rate Courtois, Kompany, Hazard and De Bruyne as four of the best players in the world. Not sure about Wilmotts as coach after the last WC.

I think if they beat Israel tonight they will go top of the world rankings.

Greece won their last group match 4-3 at home. Against Hungary. The Albanian in our team (Kone) scored the winner to make Hungary miss out on qualifying for the Euro :D
They can still qualify as the best placed third team.

Here's an odd one. Taught in most schools but still generally only spoken on the west coast and in rural areas, here's Joe Allen & Ben Davies giving an interview after qualifying for Euro 2016 in fluent Welsh:

I think if they beat Israel tonight they will go top of the world rankings.

Yeah if they win they will top the rankings and will be seeded in France. If they lose, Italy will be the 6th seeded team.

The FIFA ranking is a farce, but topping it would be rather nice to be honest.

Back