EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably wouldn't compare Roxy to Tullamarine

But do agree that's it's make or break for Roxy in 2016
I disagree Tullamarine have been under achievers. If you look they have won 1 flag since 2003. They probably have lost 5-6 other grand finals. Every one talks about Greenvale and abers underachieving over the years will you can say the same about Tullamarine and Taylor's lakes

Heard a whisper that Aaron Kite is playing cricket with East Sunbury this year and is a possibility to sign on for the football season. Would be a massive get for East if true. Will definitely get myself down to a few more senior games in 2016. Could potentially have the best forward and mid (Ogilvie) in the division.
Footy fanatic your obviously heavily involved with East either coach or commitee with every post regarding that club, but as well as East have done this season, its a club that needs to produce local talent still, and not players robbing a club of money it does not have.
Your posts need to cut the dribble and stick to the actual, and i hope east look to a few more wins in 2016.

Watching them last year year, and watching some (limited) div 2 games, I think they are on another level. I thought they were unlicky to be relegated as it is.
For a more detailed answer, it is:
There backline will be far to quick for div 2 forward lines. And they carry the ball out of there as a real unit. They work hard for each other and all seem to be on the same page, led by there skipper(Roberts), they will clean up any ball that gets down there and just keep pushing it forward
Their midfield will have, in my opinion, the best stoppage player in the comp (Curtis), the best player in the comp (Madden) and the best ruckman in the comp (Carrey). These three alone will tear div 2 apart. Then throw the other mids in to the mix and it will be a brutal task for teams to win clearances against this lot.
Big targets seemed to be a big issue up forward from what I seen. But if my mail is correct this has being rectified already in recruiting.
Also I think they will be overall too strong and quick for div 2 teams to match.
Hope this answers your question Turbo.
Madden ( best player in the Comp ) lol the only thing that bloke is good at is throwing dirty cheap shots behind play or under the pack. One day he will do it to the wrong bloke. And I can't wait for that day

Footy fanatic your obviously heavily involved with East either coach or commitee with every post regarding that club, but as well as East have done this season, its a club that needs to produce local talent still, and not players robbing a club of money it does not have.
Your posts need to cut the dribble and stick to the actual, and i hope east look to a few more wins in 2016.

I'm a parent of a junior at the club mate. Not associated with the club in any official regard but definitely interested in watching their progress as I am a local footy person. All I was doing was bringing what I heard to the table as I thought this was a 'discussion board'.

As for your latter comment RE: developing local talent, yes I also agree. The difficulty is that East has to compete with 4 established football clubs in the immediate area and with East playing the lowest standard of senior football, it is not necessarily the most desirable - thus looking outside of the area could be a positive. In my opinion, the sooner that they can be competitive, the more powerful as a club they will be.

Madden ( best player in the Comp ) lol the only thing that bloke is good at is throwing dirty cheap shots behind play or under the pack. One day he will do it to the wrong bloke. And I can't wait for that day

heard the same thing , behind the play cheap shots not a good look

Well I did say best (not fairest). But I agree cheap shots are not good or good for the game. Have never personally seen him do this. And you're right, maybe one day he will pick the wrong bloke (if he is like that), but until then I'm sure he will just keep racking up possies and playing great footy. Left back, you say you have heard the same thing. Does this automatically make it true? Have you personally seen this. Someone once told me Shane Warne was a flog, but I was lucky enough to meet him myself one day, and I thought he was a genuinely great bloke. So not everything you HEAR is always true.

Well I did say best (not fairest). But I agree cheap shots are not good or good for the game. Have never personally seen him do this. And you're right, maybe one day he will pick the wrong bloke (if he is like that), but until then I'm sure he will just keep racking up possies and playing great footy. Left back, you say you have heard the same thing. Does this automatically make it true? Have you personally seen this. Someone once told me Shane Warne was a flog, but I was lucky enough to meet him myself one day, and I thought he was a genuinely great bloke. So not everything you HEAR is always true.

Lol. "Who are you sandos??"

Yeah but Warne has done some silly things mate. I don't know the player in question and don't condone violence, but I'm surprised no one has sorted this out especially in the lower divisions..

Im a man with a plan
Lol. "Who are you sandos??"

Yeah but Warne has done some silly things mate. I don't know the player in question and don't condone violence, but I'm surprised no one has sorted this out especially in the lower divisions..
I'm a man with a plan Turbo.
Warney has done some silly things, but haven't we all???? I don't condone violence either, in any aspect of life. Was only stating that just because people HEAR things about him or her, doesn't automatically make them true. And as I said, I have never personally seen him do anything other than play great footy.
This doesn't mean he is a saint, or hasn't done silly things, I just haven't seen it for myself. And I prefer to judge on what I see with my own eyes, not on heresay and chinesse whispers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching them last year year, and watching some (limited) div 2 games, I think they are on another level. I thought they were unlicky to be relegated as it is.
For a more detailed answer, it is:
There backline will be far to quick for div 2 forward lines. And they carry the ball out of there as a real unit. They work hard for each other and all seem to be on the same page, led by there skipper(Roberts), they will clean up any ball that gets down there and just keep pushing it forward
Their midfield will have, in my opinion, the best stoppage player in the comp (Curtis), the best player in the comp (Madden) and the best ruckman in the comp (Carrey). These three alone will tear div 2 apart. Then throw the other mids in to the mix and it will be a brutal task for teams to win clearances against this lot.
Big targets seemed to be a big issue up forward from what I seen. But if my mail is correct this has being rectified already in recruiting.
Also I think they will be overall too strong and quick for div 2 teams to match.
Hope this answers your question Turbo.
Mate you also have grampsas in there who from wat i know finished top 4 in div 2 last year

Im a man with a plan

I'm a man with a plan Turbo.
Warney has done some silly things, but haven't we all???? I don't condone violence either, in any aspect of life. Was only stating that just because people HEAR things about him or her, doesn't automatically make them true. And as I said, I have never personally seen him do anything other than play great footy.
This doesn't mean he is a saint, or hasn't done silly things, I just haven't seen it for myself. And I prefer to judge on what I see with my own eyes, not on heresay and chinesse whispers.

All good mate. Glad to see some interest in div2 big footy..

I have personally seen it and an investigation that resulted in I think 5 weeks suspension for the next suggests what he does. No use EK coming back down and winning it to do what they did this year. Can't come here saying this bloke is a gun this bloke will do this and so on. When fact of the matter is they failed when going up.

That's fantastic roos, you have seen it and he got suspended, along with Fyfe, Hodge and Judd (all dirty snipers because they have being suspended before). All I was saying was that I haven't seen it, so I won't judge him for that. I will judge him on what I have seen. Sorry, I thought I made that clear in an earlier post. Hope this clears it up. If not, let me know and I'll try typing it in Arabic or Mandarin.
And as for your other comment, I will be sure to pass it on to the club that there is no point winning it this year and having another crack at Div 1. Everyone can have the year off. An absolutely stupid comment. No they didn't get the results this year, but at least they had a crack. And now having seen the standard, maybe thats what they are trying to build.
And the people I mentioned are guns. It was only my opinion, as was the statement about them being the best team in it by far. I thought this forum was for opinions. Mustn't have read the instructions properly, I apologise.
So why don't you go tell your team that there is no point winning a flag and going up to have a crack at Div 1, and let EK do what they want to do. Which is win the flag and go back up to try compete at a higher level. That way we can see which is the better road to take, but I have a feeling I already know the answer

Will there be any Div 2 teams that will struggle with the points system?
Coburg Districs seem to recruit a fair few new players every year and with barely any juniors how is this going to affect them?

Also any news on new recruits for 2015

Will there be any Div 2 teams that will struggle with the points system?
Coburg Districs seem to recruit a fair few new players every year and with barely any juniors how is this going to affect them?

Also any news on new recruits for 2015
Coburg have started up juniors again with under 10s & 12s this will continue until they reach under 18s

the points systems only affects teams which recruit ex AFL or VFL PLAYERS don't think it will affect divvy 2 sides
Yes but I don't think divy 2 sides will have 50 points. I'm thinking that it could be
Premier 50
Divy 1 42
Divy 2 38
So that when they get promoted they have some room to recruit

Yes but I don't think divy 2 sides will have 50 points. I'm thinking that it could be
Premier 50
Divy 1 42
Divy 2 38

the points systems only affects teams which recruit ex AFL or VFL PLAYERS don't think it will affect divvy 2 sides

Left back, the points system will greatly affect div2 as a lot of div2 sides don't field many junior teams especially 16 & 18s. So what if you recruit 8 players from another local league. That's 8 X 3 = 24pts. Plus if they have won club B&F or leading goal kicker or changed clubs within 3 years you can add another point. So let's say it's 28 pts. You only have 10 or so points left for your other 14 players. Good luck with that..

Local players are worth 3 points and it doesn't matter if they are div1 or div3 quality.

EDFL knowitall, you seem to be on the right track mate. It's going to be hard as a lot of div2 teams turn over players or need to recruit to have any hope of winning a GF and bring promoted.

Left back, the points system will greatly affect div2 as a lot of div2 sides don't field many junior teams especially 16 & 18s. So what if you recruit 8 players from another local league. That's 8 X 3 = 24pts. Plus if they have won club B&F or leading goal kicker or changed clubs within 3 years you can add another point. So let's say it's 28 pts. You only have 10 or so points left for your other 14 players. Good luck with that..

Local players are worth 3 points and it doesn't matter if they are div1 or div3 quality.

EDFL knowitall, you seem to be on the right track mate. It's going to be hard as a lot of div2 teams turn over players or need to recruit to have any hope of winning a GF and bring promoted.
Premier 50
Divy 1 42
Divy 2 38

so when will we know for sure what points each divvy gets ,this will be interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back