Essendon top up players - Who's available?

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald-Sun are suggesting there has been talks between Essendon and West Adelaide.

Some of the names being mentioned include:

Taite Silverlock (ex-Essendon youngster)
Travis Tuck
Silverlock? Heh, I didn't mind him. Wasn't he delisted at the end of 2011?

What happens if any of the top ups become quality AFL players?

IMO ESS shouldn't be allowed to give them longer term contracts, they should be back in draft pool next season.

They will be. If we want them permanently we'll have to draft them like everyone else.

Bad news for some of the undrafted mature players that were knocking on the door of the AFL.
You mean guys like Uysal, Rippon etc? They'll be approved if we want them.

You mean guys like Uysal, Rippon etc? They'll be approved if we want them.

Thats what I meant and I reckon you are right but It is weird the ground rules set by the AFL. I can understand an age limit (20+), placings in VFL/WAFL/... B&E, Senior Rep games etc... but having been AFL listed within 2 years is weird. I would have thought players get delisted for a reason, and a mature age player could easily be better.

Jacob Ballard from Peel. Tore it up last year in the WAFL.
This. He should of played a few more games. Peel B&F and just unfortunate he was a victim of Freos strong midfield. He would definitely be a good pickup for cheap! Really hoping he get's another chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to see us pick either Saad or Crowley.

For *s sake, we just had 12 guys banned for taking drugs.

So we go and pick up 2 guys who took drugs.

The media would have a field day.

CHRIS JANSEN, absolute classy mid from SA surely he would have to be asked for a crack. If they somehow got Kyle Martin to join then they would get an instant best 22 with ellite goalkicking and ball winning ability

CHRIS JANSEN, absolute classy mid from SA surely he would have to be asked for a crack. If they somehow got Kyle Martin to join then they would get an instant best 22 with ellite goalkicking and ball winning ability

Then IF Martin was that Good then why is he Playing Local Footy?

Pies Fans overrated him way to much

Then IF Martin was that Good then why is he Playing Local Footy?

Pies Fans overrated him way to much
Kmart quit senior footy due to the constant workloadand not getting a go at the pies and figured that hed make more money playing for Noble Park whilst working Full-time. He single handedly won us games in the VFL and absolutely smashed the EFL comp

Kmart quit senior footy due to the constant workloadand not getting a go at the pies and figured that hed make more money playing for Noble Park whilst working Full-time. He single handedly won us games in the VFL and absolutely smashed the EFL comp

He was a good VFL player but when he went up to AFL Level he did not make much of a Impact.

Looking back. It's hard to understand why Dwyer was played over him.

He was a good VFL player but when he went up to AFL Level he did not make much of a Impact.

Hard to make much of an impact when you only get a couple of quarters, then the sub vest, then back to the 2nds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back