2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hanley deal done . As follows

Brisbane In - Pick 22, PA future 1st Rd
Brisbane Out - Hanley, Pick 19

GC In - Hanley, Pick 67
GC Out - Pick 22, Pick 30

PA In - Pick 19, Pick 30
PA Out - Future 1st Rd, Pick 67
we may as well not even be in the trade if that is going to happen....
if that goes down, you will be seeing Alberton getting burnt down!

The one thing i really don't get is you guys throwing back 67 to Gold Coast. Just why?

It's almost too good to be true for both us and the suns. Probably a gee up

Seems like a head scratcher for Port. Seriously, Suns do alright, Lions do alright, but i dont get why Port are doing it. They must really rate this draft. Perhaps they plan on trading out some players next year and are banking on getting some picks next year.

The one thing i really don't get is you guys throwing back 67 to Gold Coast. Just why?

Yeah, this is a potential disaster for the Power. The benefits surely don't come near to outweighing the risks.

I expect it's been misreported.

take out 67 and since we are trading a probable top 8 pick, i would want 16, 30 and a 2017 2nd..

we will be done with the club if this goes through...
and i encourage you to jump onto our board when this trade goes through for some enjoyment...

Wouldn't it be as simple as they are particularly keen on one or two in the upcoming draft ?

My view on the Port list is that they probably won't be playing finals in 2017. Their view, could very well be different. A lot of Port fans seems to think they'll play finals, a lot of them think otherwise.

I don't rate Port's list all that much personally. They may try and bundle picks to get higher into this years draft too. Lot of possibilities with the proposed trade.

Wouldn't burning it down increase the chances of doing worse next year - sound good from this end! ;)

Lots of talk by fans about bundling picks to get higher in the draft but easier said than done. If we get 22 we'll be well placed to do it but not sure many others will be. Maybe some can shift from third to second round etc, but can't see who apart from us would be able to get into the first round apart from the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a head scratcher for Port. Seriously, Suns do alright, Lions do alright, but i dont get why Port are doing it. They must really rate this draft. Perhaps they plan on trading out some players next year and are banking on getting some picks next year.

Who says we are doing it? Why would any club trade a future first round pick in a mega draft for two second round picks in a mediocre one?

If we were to trade our 2017 first pick away we will have taken only one first round pick in five years and I cannot see that happening when the Coach is on record as saying we need to preserve our first round picks. Under the two in four year rule we would also have to keep our 2018 pick which would further complicate our trading in future years.

I hope your Hanley deal does not depend up on us coughing up our 2017 first round pick because if it does it may not happen.

As far as I can tell only one journo in Australia is reporting this deal as done and he doesn't seem to think Port have any say in the matter. Originally Hamilton was all over twitter excluding Brendon AhChee from this deal but now he has changed his view and included Ah Chee as part of the three way trade. I think Hamilton has nominated us as the bunny because we have a player that the Suns want and we do not have a second round pick in the Draft.

Not too sure why GC would be asking for a pick back?
If anything, we should be asking for one of their late picks (ie 62) - one/s that they will definitely not use.

Also, not sure why PA are involved, especially when the deal of Hanley & pick 21 for picks 10 & 44 would have suited us fine.
I'm assuming that we want to even the top end picks over two years.

As far as I can tell only one journo in Australia is reporting this deal as done and he doesn't seem to think Port have any say in the matter. Originally Hamilton was all over twitter excluding Brendon AhChee from this deal but now he has changed his view and included Ah Chee as part of the three way trade. I think Hamilton has nominated us as the bunny because we have a player that the Suns want and we do not have a second round pick in the Draft.

At least two.

"Nuts of imminent Hanley deal. GC to get Hanley, 67 (from PA). Bris get 2017 1st (PA), 22 (GC). PA get 19 (Bris), 30 (GC). #TradeSENtral"

So gold coast get a ripping deal don't they?

If they get stronger and it's not at the expense of us that can only be a good thing. They will be able to load up at the draft with 4,8,10. Good on them.

Sorry port.

I find the 'no takers' for Rocky a bit of a head scratcher. I can't see Melbourne make a play for him as I think they're midfield is fairly well stacked apart from maybe outside run. Adelaide I find interesting as after the final against the Swans it was universally accepted that their midfield was a concern. I understand their interest in Gibbs but can't see just the one addition that significant. Obviously they're held up with this move before doing anything else but we'll have to wait and see. Again he is a FA next year and clubs can be patient but I think those that are thereabouts wouldn't be so folly to wait a year and strike while their hot. GWS, Dogs, Swans and Crows are my top four currently and adding Rocky to the Crows midfield would be quite significant for them come finals time and all it would take is next years first rounder IMO.

That's my line of thinking too. He is just too good (and cheap) to pass up for clubs knocking on the door of a premiership. Why draft a speculative first rounder that can take years to develop, at which time the premiership window is well and truly over, when you can have a ready made A-grade footballer who would be a massive boost to any of those midfields you mentioned? Crows, Richmond, Hawks, Doggies, Swans, Melbourne...even Geelong or WCE as an outside smokey, should be inquiring as to his services. And I reckon it may come too...but it will be a late flurry of interest and a late deal if it happens.

I sort of believe a deal WILL happen though, as it isn't like the club, nor Rocky, are paving the way/hedging their bets via the media etc and softening up fans etc for Rocky to stay on at the club next season...its certainly all quiet on the Western front there. Seems like he is well and truly gone-ski.

its not as bad as you think for Port.

they've done 2017 first rounder + 67 for 19 and 30.

lets say they have pick 8 next year. its 8 + 67 for 19 + 30 = 1620 points for 1580 points. and in this years draft its 1580 points compared to 60 points. so they get 12 months longer access to two potential contributors instead of to a pot luck pick 67.

Port will be betting its actually pick 11-14 (5th-8th) which would make it more like 1300 points out for 1580 points in. and we are hoping its more like pick 4 which is then a disaster for port 2000 out and 1580 in.

its not as bad as you think for Port.

they've done 2017 first rounder + 67 for 19 and 30.

lets say they have pick 8 next year. its 8 + 67 for 19 + 30 = 1620 points for 1580 points. and in this years draft its 1580 points compared to 60 points. so they get 12 months longer access to two potential contributors instead of to a pot luck pick 67.

Port will be betting its actually pick 11-14 (5th-8th) which would make it more like 1300 points out for 1580 points in. and we are hoping its more like pick 4 which is then a disaster for port 2000 out and 1580 in.
Obviously Port are thinking confidently of doing well next year and pushing for top 4.
Tell em their dreamin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back