List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You are kind of making my point for me though. Cameron is how far from the end in reality? For a guy his age who is already showing signs of slowing down, his one strength is disappearing. Linc is sadly probably a write off. Rayner is not a banker in any position unfortunately, Bailey and Lohmann look great and so does Ah Chee but he has been a Mr. Fixit his whole career and really, is the perfect sub. And as good as Lohmann looks, he is still very inexperienced. After these blokes, you are looking at inexperienced / untested / unproven youth. Ainsworth helps to fill a gap between the older blokes and the unknown.

Next year, you could look at a forward line of:
Daniher, Hippy, Cameron, Bailey, Lohmann, Ainsworth with Rayner on the bench. You then have Morris, Ah Chee, LAshcroft who could all potentially play there / rotate through. And if we are being honest, while it will never happen, Morris could conceivably replace Hipwood at times and again, Daniher is starting to get on.

All I'm really saying is, Ainsworth would fill a need that is going a bit unnoticed at present.
I see what you're saying in terms of demographics. But Ainsworth isn't a banker either. I don't see him as an upgrade on Rayner at all. I've watched Ainsworth pretty closely over his career and I imagine Suns fans have been as annoyed with him over the journey. Although it's fashionable at the moment to pot Rayner, there's also a tendency to exaggerate his shortcomings. We're all frustrated with him. I get it. But people calling him useless is just hyperbole.

I feel like a fast small forward to replace Charlie is something that can be replaced from almost anywhere in the draft or even rookie draft. Its not something you have to use a high draft pick or trade for necessarily. Teams like Richmond have gone and found plenty of them over the years. Also I reckon that later draft/rookies are more often willing to play the team pressure role more than the high profile guys.

Its definitely a need for us to find another proper fast small forward in the short term

Agreed, Cameron was a rookie pick himself -
"Cameron was taken with pick 7 in the 2013 rookie draft by Adelaide."

This fellow sounds promising. I wonder if we'd give him a look.

(bonus mention of Richy too!)

Waistcoat is from Tennant Creek and seems to have already played in several leagues (including WAFL colts) by the age of 19.

This is the type I would be looking at in the MSD.

Appreciate the AFL being extremely petty in disallowing us from drafting Lloyd in the MSD but could his returning to playing potentially be a sign that we may rookie him for next season to cover for Linc?

I'd be looking at Flynn Young from Werribee as a smoky replacement for Linc. Only played a handful of VFL games but is a very crafty goal kicker.

This fellow sounds promising. I wonder if we'd give him a look.

(bonus mention of Richy too!)

Waistcoat is from Tennant Creek and seems to have already played in several leagues (including WAFL colts) by the age of 19.

Come on down. Elite name.

Unless we’re delisting any player acquired in the MSD in four months time and unless there are contracted players who we know / suspect will be requesting a trade, or Zorko retires, I just don’t see how we can take anyone when departing players (Lyons, Madden, Prior and potentially rookies, Lane, Joyce and Michael) will only open up spaces for end of season. If we do take someone, you’d think that the club rates them pretty highly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work by Ah Chee, asking for a spot in forward line and then delivering. Good on him.

FORMER Magpie Trent Bianco, ex-Demon Kyle Dunkley, delisted Power big man Brynn Teakle and ex-Kangaroo Flynn Perez are among the more than 120 players to be included in the first batch of prospects for the mid-season draft.

The 2024 Mid-Season Rookie Draft will be staged next Wednesday, May 29,

Other notable names are Dunkley, who is in Brisbane with older brother Josh in the Lions' VFL side,

So would it be a fair assumption that Brissy would have encouraged the other Dunks to put his hand up with if you are available, we're gonna take you?

So would it be a fair assumption that Brissy would have encouraged the other Dunks to put his hand up with if you are available, we're gonna take you?

He might be a fallback option if all their preferred players are out already

Is Rayner's automatic selection in the 22 under pressure? Maybe not right now but within the next 12 months? Is he consistently more impactful than Kai, Cameron, Linc, Bailey and Ah Chee in the forward line? Morris with another 12 months development and experience may leapfrog him as a hybrid 3rd tall.
We still have W Ashcroft to come back this year, who will most likely be playing on a wing and HFF at first. Cam can't play on a wing but Ashy can play on a HFF, Wing and in the middle. Will was more consistent that Cam was before his injury. L Ashcroft to come in next season, who if similar to his brother, which his on-field results would say is going to be the case, he walks straight into the first team, likely on a HFF and maybe spending time as a wing or in the middle.
Berry's tank and drive to defend are showing he is a better option in the middle right now. This has taken away some of Cam's midfield time. I am more confident of Bez's consistency than Cam's.
Cam isn't replacing Dunks, Neale or Clugg as a full time mid at this point.
I want Cam to succeed and be as good as he teases but I wonder if time is running out and if we will soon have too many options in front of him.
Guys like Sharp and Reville who may not play the same role as Cam are looking like they may be able to cement their spots in the near future, which means if his body holds up, Bez spends a lot less time on the wing.

Is Rayner's automatic selection in the 22 under pressure? Maybe not right now but within the next 12 months? Is he consistently more impactful than Kai, Cameron, Linc, Bailey and Ah Chee in the forward line? Morris with another 12 months development and experience may leapfrog him as a hybrid 3rd tall.
We still have W Ashcroft to come back this year, who will most likely be playing on a wing and HFF at first. Cam can't play on a wing but Ashy can play on a HFF, Wing and in the middle. Will was more consistent that Cam was before his injury. L Ashcroft to come in next season, who if similar to his brother, which his on-field results would say is going to be the case, he walks straight into the first team, likely on a HFF and maybe spending time as a wing or in the middle.
Berry's tank and drive to defend are showing he is a better option in the middle right now. This has taken away some of Cam's midfield time. I am more confident of Bez's consistency than Cam's.
Cam isn't replacing Dunks, Neale or Clugg as a full time mid at this point.
I want Cam to succeed and be as good as he teases but I wonder if time is running out and if we will soon have too many options in front of him.
Guys like Sharp and Reville who may not play the same role as Cam are looking like they may be able to cement their spots in the near future, which means if his body holds up, Bez spends a lot less time on the wing.

No.

Back