Live Event Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 681736

Based on this, I dare say we can just give him an outright 2 year contract extension now.

So the players picked may not need to be drafted. They can just get contract extensions.
Yeah okay so they get a full 6 months to get him up to speed then just give him a standard rookie contract for a year next year if he doesn’t play a game. Will be better than rookies picked at the end of the year with the extra 6 months.

Can someone please explain why Richmond just picked someone who is injured for the next ten weeks anyway?
Because he’s apparently the best player not on a list and it’s a free hit has upside better than picking a list clogger

Yeah okay so they get a full 6 months to get him up to speed then just give him a standard rookie contract for a year next year if he doesn’t play a game. Will be better than rookies picked at the end of the year with the extra 6 months.

Yep. As I said. Basically a free hit.

I love the move, and could be a game changer.

Exactly what our midfield lacks when we shift Dusty forward. An explosive, quick inside midfielder with grunt and outside class and the skills to hurt the opposition who can also rest deep forward and be a presence and scoreboard threat. Can see Pickett and Dusty rotating between midfield and goalsquare as their own little partnership.

Exactly what our midfield lacks when we shift Dusty forward. An explosive, quick inside midfielder with grunt and outside class and the skills to hurt the opposition who can also rest deep forward and be a presence and scoreboard threat. Can see Pickett and Dusty rotating between midfield and goalsquare as their own little partnership.
Seriously, your club's list management has been number one. This is just another example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Matt Clarke explained, we can get him into the system now, get his fitness up to standard whilst he can't do ball drills, have him learn the structure game plan, a feel for the club and then elevate him onto the senior list in the National Draft at the end of the year to have him fit and firing next year.
Plus he can make Tim Kelly feel a bit more comfortable this side of Australia having one of his best mates over here now

Plus he can make Tim Kelly feel a bit more comfortable this side of Australia having one of his best mates over here now

You're welcome. ;)

Is it fair to top up some teams mid season ? Yes they have injuries , but so has every team as long as footy has been played , it's the fall of the dice

Doesn't seem an even playing field to me

As suspected, not many clubs are even going to use their players to compensate for injuries. Just using it as a means of getting a free draft pick and undercutting other clubs before the national draft. Picking up Marlion Pickett when he's injured for nearly the rest of the season, just so they don't have to compete with others in the draft next year, is beyond dodgy to me and against the spirit of the idea.

Not impressed at all with this.

As suspected, not many clubs are even going to use their players to compensate for injuries. Just using it as a means of getting a free draft pick and undercutting other clubs before the national draft. Picking up Marlion Pickett when he's injured for nearly the rest of the season, just so they don't have to compete with others in the draft next year, is beyond dodgy to me and against the spirit of the idea.

Not impressed at all with this.
MAYBE He could recover as fast as SCULLY and play in final series. Geelong Kelly VS Richmond Pickett could be good for the games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back