Preview Round 18, 2022: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 17 July 2022, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Day should automatically come back in at all. He's had some terrible luck this year but his form hasn't warranted going straight into the side at all. He's going to be a great player for us but a week or two at Box Hill will be good for him. Much rather bring Butler straight in if anyone.
Day is obviously best 22 when in form but Morris played better on the weekend than Day has for a month or so before his suspension. I’d be fine with giving Morris another week, and other guys who might have been in line to make way (ie Impey) also played well on the weekend. Interesting to see what they go with

Blanck vs Kennedy is the match up I'm looking forward too..

Can't help but feel like he's a more natural fit for the mobile Jack Darling.

Kennedy is a champion, but his body is struggling these days and Sicily will have a field day zoning off him.

Sic to Kennedy, Blanck to Darling, DGB and Waterman?

Hardwick and Ryan/Rioli and if Morris plays he takes the other.

It's harder than it looks on the surface.

Gunston has almost felt like a bit of a liability this season when the ball hits the ground.

Kosi isn't clunking marks like we know he's capable of, but has been dangerous in general play and lead us for tackles last weekend, proving his worth on the defensive side of the contest.

At this point in our rebuild it can't be as simple for the selection committee to say 'Gunston in, Kosi out' if both are fit and we can only play one.

Interesting how the remainder of the season plays out with Gunston. You're spot on, he's just not moving well and offers no forward half pressure as a result. He looked so far off it against Giants. Struggling to bend over for awhile now.

With Big Boy back up forward, I just can't see how you play both him and Jack forward right now? You're just asking for trouble playing both underdone.

Kosi turned his game around in the last quarter, id be really surprised if he's dropped considering two of his efforts to just not give up will be highlighted to the group this week...

If Gunston is at the club next year, and poor guy gets a good run with his body, id love to see him transition to the wing for us as we continue to rebuild.

Last edited:
Was meant to make the trip down for the Adelaide game but ended up having to cancel.

Hopefully making it down this Sunday instead dependent on how my currently 8 month pregnant wife is feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Maginness will play on Gaff this week. It will be another good test for him.

Phillips has now played two games in the VFL and is due to play soon one way or another, most likely as the sub. He seems to be suited to that role better than anyone on the list.

If Gunston is to get back in the seniors, he should need to earn his spot with a few games in the 2s.

Mostly to make sure his body is holding up. Because it’s sure not in the ones and then he’s a liability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t think Days form has been of the standard that he’s an automatic 22

Nor Gunston's 2022 either. Day at least has youth but Gunners has been pretty poor for mine. His back seems to have really limited his abilities this year including kicking.

If Gunston is to get back in the seniors, he should need to earn his spot with a few games in the 2s.

Mostly to make sure his body is holding up. Because it’s sure not in the ones and then he’s a liability

All his injuries have been contact none of that is due to his body being a liability, if he's fit to play he plays AFL.

Last edited:
Nor Gunston's 2022 either. Day at least has youth but Gunners has been pretty poor for mine. His back seems to have really limited his abilities this year including kicking.
He was fine pre ankle. 15 goals in 8 games and a quarter. Was on track for a 40 goal season.

"Hey Gunner, I know you've been a triple premiership star for the club and your old man has recently passed but we're gonna ship you off to box hill for a few weeks."
Yeah nah

Simpson said he had 2 games left in him, prior to last week's game.
Will get the send off game in Perth.

Shame he'll fall a little shy of 300 as he has been an absolute star of the game.

The time is right for him to call it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back