Preview Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon - MCG, Saturday 1st April, 7:25PM AEDT *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 72.5%
  • Bombers

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel for Paton a little bit, but he also going to struggle to compete with Webster, Sinclair, Stocker and now Nas rotating through the backline. He seemed like our next start a few years back and copped that broken leg, then Sincs rocketed up the order and Webster has coke back to his old form.

His form is good enough.

Webster is pushing 30 while Paton is 24. Close call either way on output yet i would of thought the younger player gets the nod.

I am happy he's contracted for next year as he's better then Long and he was sought out.

His form is good enough.

Webster is pushing 30 while Paton is 24. Close call either way on output yet i would of thought the younger player gets the nod.

I am happy he's contracted for next year as he's better then Long and he was sought out.
I reckon “senior experience” would have been part of the call.

Same as it was for Ross over Windy last week

I feel for Paton a little bit, but he also going to struggle to compete with Webster, Sinclair, Stocker and now Nas rotating through the backline. He seemed like our next start a few years back and copped that broken leg, then Sincs rocketed up the order and Webster has coke back to his old form.
I recon it's going to be hard to get a real read on which players Lyons rates until he starts getting a few back but this new sub rule is really just 5 men on the bench with some restrictions that are designed to introduce tactics so I don't see Paton as being dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recon it's going to be hard to get a real read on which players Lyons rates until he starts getting a few back but this new sub rule is really just 5 men on the bench with some restrictions that are designed to introduce tactics so I don't see Paton as being dropped.
What if bytel is sub.

Jetstar just cancelled our flights 3 hours before boarding 🤕
At least you didn’t book to fly in tomorrow.Still got time for them to put you on another flight hopefully.

I’d say with an injury list as long as it is.

You would be feeling pretty uneasy if you were Sharman.

I couldn’t have given him more credit but everyone I heard even said before both games that they move the ball to slowly and don’t go forward enough. Don’t worry Lyon was a huge part of both wins especially the first but Essendon won’t play like that. That doesn’t mean we don’t win or Lyon can’t come up with something else
Depends on what Lyon believes is Essendon’s “signature”.
He used exactly that word to describe the Bulldogs prior to that game.

I’m so proud to be a Sainter. Not just because of the resilience of our great club, but also the people that make it. The supporters. The lifelong, diehards.

Through the ups, the downs and every bump along the way, our loyalty will always remain.

Thank you to those who shared their stories for this special video. I really wanted it to embody the almost intangible feeling of what connects every Sainter to the club, and express why it’ll sit fondly in our hearts forever.

Carn the Sainters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was at the Freo game and they were trying to move it but we were sticking to them like a cheap suit. There was nothing ahead of them to kick to.

The Dogs did to the Lions what we did to them. Just pressured every possession and played the game at a higher tempo and intensity. I think it was 100% the Saints making them look bad.

I don't know how much to take out of the practice match but they looked like they troubled us a bit without being able to score. That again is making them take long range or angled shots through which is game plan too.
It's been well known for some time that Freo move the ball very slowly so whilst I have no doubt they were trying to move it, the pace in which they were doing it was going to allow us more time to push back and set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back