2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate Smith trying to do the team thing and move up the order but Pat, McDonald and the selectors have placed themselves into a corner now. Unless Marsh or Head continue their form slumps then Smith has no place in the team anymore.

Seems all you need to do to get Smith out is to bowl 130+k on the stumps.
It's pretty much all you've needed to do for years. It's always amazed me no-one's done it.

I thought the Kiwis got it right to him when they were in Oz also.

I'd have 2 leg slips, no fine leg, pack the on side and EVERYTHING would be full and straight. He isn't hitting something full and straight through the off side with this stance.

I appreciate Smith trying to do the team thing and move up the order but Pat, McDonald and the selectors have placed themselves into a corner now. Unless Marsh or Head continue their form slumps then Smith has no place in the team anymore.
He knew the risk

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given Bancroft isnt liked by Pat and Renshaw and Harris aint the answer, i guess my question is who opens for NSW at present and would they like a baggy green?
Maddinson is actually opening well for Vic but he's 32 and they supposedly want the yoof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone asked me to be innovative in this scenario, I would send Head out to open for these types of chases.

Could we not have a tailored chasing batting order?
He should be our opener anyway but he didn’t want it and Smith did.
Sometimes it’s just better to tell the players what’s needed. Head can do the attacking role Warner used to do.

Gets squared up way too much now Smith.
Really hope we don’t pick him in any of our ODI and T20 teams, if he wants to have a crack at india let him go to work and prioritise him getting some early shield games in next season.
Not too sure how much longer he has.

Pepsi Commercial Oops GIF

Mitchell

Back