Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure we've seen McKenzie do the same multiple times over the years? From what I've noticed so far this year, BZT has been the last line defender which McKenzie has more or less played over the last 4 seasons.
Lycett tended to go sit himself at CHB, Ivan didn't do that.

The swapping of players so a defender became the "goalkeeper" when we had a ball up deep in our forward line is something I haven't really noticed the last 5 or 6 years.

Lycett tended to go sit himself at CHB, Ivan didn't do that.

The swapping of players so a defender became the "goalkeeper" when we had a ball up deep in our forward line is something I haven't really noticed the last 5 or 6 years.

Yeah Lycett always positioned himself at the contest from any quick kick from the oppo to get out of their defensive 50. Soldo seems to have a lot more mobility and forward craft, so they're sending him forward a lot more, though Dixon is still doing his fair share of the ruck work inside 50 (which I personally like).

Will have to see if this swapping occurs more often in the coming weeks. Might have just been a situation in which BZT got led too far up the ground and didn't pass his man off to Esava in that time - and once the ball got deep enough in Port's forward 50, it was an opportunity to reset the matchup and reposition accordingly.

Los Angeles Clippers Dancing GIF by NBA

Always had the unpopular opinion of Duursma being a just an okay player. Zerk’s come in an okay player as a KPD his attitude has him play above his ability, you could see that at Essendon. I have zero concerns about the trade moving forward.

I’m not so sure about the stat by the way, I can remember him being beaten by either Allen or Waterman in Rd 1, forward pocket southern end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously can't believe how good he has been this year. So assured and reliable - can play on a variety of forwards. Just doesn't seem to get beat which is the complete opposite of how he was at Essendon.

If his shoulder's not right McKenzie should come in for a week or two, but otherwise Zerk has established himself firmly in the side going forward.

Was very good last night. Definitely not winning the reverse Coleman this year!

Last year he had to play on the 200cm guys like McKay, Dixon, Hawkins, etc. he's not big enough for that.

Now we have rat or aliir to play on the giants so bzt can get a more suitable match up and he's killing it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back