Scape Goat Worst kicks in MFC history

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Following on from Terlich's nightmare OOF today some other classics. This could be a continuing thread.

Cale Morton - 2012 vs Collingwood

Colin Garland - 2012 vs Port Adelaide

(Is at 0.21 of this, POS thing won't let me skip straight to it)

Jake Spencer - 2012 vs GWS
Attempted short pass in Canberra when he ended up rolling it along the ground instead

Jake Spencer - 2014 NAB Cup vs Richmond
Attempted short pass across goal goes 5 metres and straight to a Richmond player for a goal

Dean Terlich - 2014 vs Gold Coast
Running with nobody around him and shanks it 10 rows back

Also as mentioned in the Good/Bad/Ugly thread I swear that either Simon Buckley or Chris Johnson tried to kick out to themselves, fell over and allowed either Carlton or North to score an easy goal around 2008/2009.

Last edited:
Spencer kicking for goal. Closely followed by the snap that immediately followed.

McDonald trying to switch the ball today under no pressure and firing it 15m over Terlich's head.

For those of you old enough you might remember a guy named Ross Dillon. A pretty good kick and player but from memory one day he missed a set shot for goal from in the middle of the goal square.

For those of you old enough you might remember a guy named Ross Dillon. A pretty good kick and player but from memory one day he missed a set shot for goal from in the middle of the goal square.
Was not bad at taking the odd screamer if i remember rightly .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best thread.

Ah damn it, i cant find footage of it.

Max Gawn (can't believe we don't have him in here already). Round 11, 2011, v bombers 4th quarter. Game is already won after a stirling effort from our boys and a certain Watts HANGAR (pun most definitely not excused). Big Max like the burger takes a contested mark at the top of the square. There are a billion replays of this on DeeTV. Oddly enough, they fail to show the shot 'at goal.'

I still think he was just trolling Essendon.

The kick I have gone off my head at most though and declared that he should never pull on a Demons jersey again was Bradforth Esquire Miller. It was a fairly innocuous kick really but it was against Hawthorn in maybe 2009 I think. We were getting belted (I know that goes without saying) and we toiled and toiled away like war heroes in defence for about 15 minutes (or what seemed like it) and finally cleared it to Bradley who took possession of it in the centre circle.

So Brad was obviously playing full forward at the time, meaning quite clearly he was the demons player that had taken up by far the most advanced position on the field. What does Brad do? Blindly hoofs it forward straight to the two Hawks defenders having a quiet ciggie and watching the trots in the defensive 50.

I lost it at him and think i actually walked out after that. One of the very few times i've left early. I figure if the players weren't going to actually try, neither would I.

Also as mentioned in the Good/Bad/Ugly thread I swear that either Simon Buckley or Chris Johnson tried to kick out to themselves, fell over and allowed either Carlton or North to score an easy goal around 2008/2009.

I won't hear any mockery of Chris Johnson's kicking. There were 35 other blokes on the field and he kicked it to one of them most of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back