Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown's a poor mans Ben Reid with a forward bias instead of Reid's defensive bias. He can be dominant at VFL but will struggle until he puts on a little extra weight in his upper body, but given that's he's 24 he might not be physically able to bulk up anymore. I am not sure he is the type of player you would want as a KPD, he could really be exposed one on one which isn't too much of an issue for him up forward but could cost you a game as a defender. His overhead marking has been weakened by a succession of shoulder injuries. On the plus side he has good athleticism for his size, good endurance and decent speed and acceleration for his size and a good shot for goal. At best you could get a decent 3rd tall at either end but most likely his injuries have prevented him from having the development he needed to be an AFL standard player.

I can't say I am an expert on Dean Towers. Drafted first round 2012(two years in the system), played one game which is weird given that he is a mature age draft pick. I read in another thread that his form in NEAFL as been average at best but I have no first hand knowledge about this, What do you think are his strength and weaknesses and his capacity of development. Why isn't he getting played at AFL level, given that you were giving games to Rookies in the Finals last year why wasn't he considered then?

I wanted switch of 3 and 4 round pick cause I wanted to "win" the trade, most likely is would be a straight swap. A swap of 3 round picks might end up disadvantaging Geelong by the end of the year:D

I see what you did there ;). Well Towers just needed to be a bit more consistent. And he is being groomed to play on the wing or half forward for us therefore there were others who werent injured thats why he wasn't getting games. This week he gets another shot on the big stage.

Richards and Grundy were forwards before they became very good defenders. So under their tutelage he can develop even further.

At the end of the day we need another kpd. As I see it we are in a premiership window. We have kids but they are still too raw to blood so far amd two aging champs. We need to fill the gap in the middle as relief with a view to take up a full time role. So to any club who have you got and could offer us?

The following crows are out of of contract at the end of 2014 (at this stage)

Who wants them and what will you trade?

Contracted until end 2014
Shaun Mckernan
Jared Petrenko
Matthew Jaensch
Jarryd Lyons
Sam Shaw
Brodie Martin
Tom Lynch
Angus Graham
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Ben Rutten (10+ years)
Jason Porplyzia (9yrs)
Lewis Johnston (2 years)
Luke Thompson (?)

Shaun Mckernan
Jared Petrenko
Matthew Jaensch
Jarryd Lyons
Sam Shaw
Brodie Martin
Tom Lynch
Angus Graham
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Ben Rutten (10+ years)
Jason Porplyzia (9yrs)
Lewis Johnston (2 years)
Luke Thompson (?)

Interest to know your asking price.

You're in DANGER of losing another to us....

This year, next year.... Take an offer this year or lose him for a first pick compo next year.

Funny, the surf coast is A LONG way from Waverly. He don't want that drive a few times a week.

Needs to be closer to home.

Go Catters

Funny, the surf coast is A LONG way from Waverly. He don't want that drive a few times a week.

Needs to be closer to home.

Go Catters
The Dogs are relatively close to the surf coast too, and Geelong already have nice things. Hands off! ;)

The Dogs are relatively close to the surf coast too, and Geelong already have nice things. Hands off! ;)

He doesn't like bridges. And he'd be over one ALOT for you guys….

but if we miss out, id be happy to see him there. Mind you, your MF would be SCARY with him so maybe im being a little generous. The last place you need help is the MF….

GO Catters

Shaun Mckernan
Jared Petrenko
Matthew Jaensch
Jarryd Lyons
Sam Shaw
Brodie Martin
Tom Lynch
Angus Graham
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Ben Rutten (10+ years)
Jason Porplyzia (9yrs)
Lewis Johnston (2 years)
Luke Thompson (?)
What's Jarryd Lyons worth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Lynch for a second rounder. Would Adelaide be interested in having Griffen back for him?

Also, any chance you'd give up Josh Jenkins?

Shiel won't go anywhere, and if he did he would comand a top 3 pick or a Deledio type.

The bloke is a left footed Judd. The resemblance is uncanny.

So your thinking a club is going to bid their first round draft pick on Dawson? I'd be surprised if that happened.
Sorry what? How does that even relate to what he said?

EDIT: wait. I don't think you're talking about Zac are you?

Shaun Mckernan
Jared Petrenko
Matthew Jaensch
Jarryd Lyons

Sam Shaw
Brodie Martin
Tom Lynch
Angus Graham
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Ben Rutten (10+ years)
Jason Porplyzia (9yrs)
Lewis Johnston (2 years)
Luke Thompson (?)

Really only the 3 highlighted have any value on the trade table. Out of the highlighted ones I think that Lyons and Lynch are the stand outs. pretty much I think the 3 highlighted ones are worth second rounders.

You wont get any more then that. You would need to on trade the picks to get in the first round.

I'd take Lynch for a second rounder. Would Adelaide be interested in having Griffen back for him?

Also, any chance you'd give up Josh Jenkins?
For Lynch, I doubt we'd do that. Lynch has great work ethic and is very useful as a high half forward flanker. He's best 22 and more use to us than an early 30s pick that you'd probably get. Griffin hasn't really played this year, what's up with him? I doubt we'd be interested though.

As for Jenkins, not a chance in the world. Outside of Walker and Podsiadly, our tall forward stocks consist of Shaun McKernan (has talent but just cannot put it together) and Lewis Johnston (again has the talent, but apparently has questionable work ethic and attitude). These two are likely to be delisted (although one might be saved purely due to our lack of tall forwards). Considering Podsiadly will almost definitely retire by the end of 2015 and Walker has returned from an ACL, there's no way we'd trade Jenkins, who's on track for 40+ goals this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back