EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Having said that Abers must be the most frustrating team to their coach and supporters. Thrash the unbeaten AVH 2 weeks ago, then beaten by a team everyone expected them to thrash this week. They've done that several times this season.

Big Mal is frustrated with the playing group.
Rumor is he will be handing in his letter of resignation after this weekend.

Having said that Abers must be the most frustrating team to their coach and supporters. Thrash the unbeaten AVH 2 weeks ago, then beaten by a team everyone expected them to thrash this week. They've done that several times this season.

Jeez big call there Shags. If he did so, who would take over the reins?

Something definitely wrong down at Abbers but I guess when you bring in blokes like Riemers and Blake your bound to have trouble

Something definitely wrong down at Abbers but I guess when you bring in blokes like Riemers and Blake your bound to have trouble
Noticed Saturday that Lynch was playing off a back flank , thats one expensive back flanker.I know for a fact he wasn't going to accept anything under $1200 a game plus a decent sign on amount.The bloke has won best in the comp 2 years in a row playing in the midfield , you can only assume he wouldn't be happy playing in defence given his record.

You'd think so. The loss at the weekend is unfortunate but they're still well placed with a good % advantage over fifth. They have a big couple of weeks though..
It's an extremely even and interesting season. There is very little between the top 6. I reckon any of them could beat each other on their day. Likewise there is nothing between the 4 sides battling to avoid relegation. The battle for top 4 and to avoid relegation is going to go right down to the wire.

Greenvale looming ominously, but obviously have to win everything from now on.

Another big week of Premier football coming up. Strathmore to end the Jets inconsistent season with a 30 point victory. Douttas v Marby is an absolute ripper if Douttas lose this then everything will hinge on rd 18 assuming the Saints don't sneak another win in the meantime. I think Douttas will really throw the cat amongst the pigeons this week and beat Marby by 4 points. Pacco v Keilor is a danger game for Keilor but I think they have too much to play for. If they win then they will be 2 games clear of 5th with 4 to play. Keilor by 35. Northern Saints V Avo, great time for the saints to get the heights at Charles Mutton with the Heights down on form and confidence. Could there be a sneaky upset. I hope so but I cant see it Heights by 40. The last game should be a cracker and I am tipping the Eagles to win and then go on and make the 4. If Airport win this they will be a game clear in 4th and they play 3 of the bottom 4 in the last month. Abers are way too inconsistent and heads should roll if they don't play finals with the personnel and coinage they are spending. Eagles by 8.

Yes more crap from a fraud, Mal will be there for at least 2 more years with his youth policy, yes major changers will be made possibly 5 or 6 this week going for experienced players over youth, yes Abers by 50 points guys don't stress Abers will be there at the pointy end of the season just watch this space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why things on here are so quiet with some cracking games today. 6 became 4 I cant see the top 4 changing now. APW would have to win all 4 but even if they do Abers play 2 of the lower side so 3 wins should be enough and the Jets are officially GAWN. The Mores finished all over Greenvale today and must be flag favs. Avo seem to have the wobble whilst Keilor keep getting the job done. Jekyl and Hyde Abers were at it again, their best is good enough but can they produce it for 3 weeks in a row in big finals?

There are four rounds to go and the race for finals and avoiding relegation is hotting up!!
Strathmore 48pts. AH, AW, NS, AB In form side ATM. Expected to win all of these games and at very least two of them to secure top 2 finish.
Avondale H 48pts. ST, EDS, PV, KEIL Struggling for form but enough games in bank. Expected to win at least 2 games and get top 2 finish
Keilor 40pts. AB, MP, GR, AH Playing good footy and safe for a finals spot. Should win 2, could win 3, won’t overtake top 2 sides due to weaker %
Aberfeldie 36pts. Keil, NS, MP, St Most impressive side on paper. Hot & cold form. Should win at least 2 games. Their spot at risk if AW fires & they don't.
Airport West 32pts. NS, ST EDS, PV Must win all games for a chance for finals. Expected to win at least 3 games so need Abers to win 2 games less.
Greenvale 28 Pts. EDS, PV, KEIL, MP. Could win all 4 games but too late. Season will end in 4 weeks
Pascoe Vale 16 Pts. MP, GR, AH, AW. Should have done enough to survive. Will win one more game or none (Marby)
E Doutta Stars 12 pts. 77.74% GR, AH, AW, NS Important win today. Could win all these games or none. Still have some work to do to survive relegation
Marby 10 pts. 78.55% PV, KEIL, AB, GR Must win against PV at home or in firing line for relegation
N Saints 10 pts. 76.43% AW, AB, ST, EDS. Looking at relegation with Marby & EDS. Percentage vital. A win against EDS could save

LADDER PREDICTION
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Aberfeldie
Keilor
Greenvale
Airport West
Pascoe Vale
Essendon Doutta Stars
Northern Saints
Maribyrnong Park

Last edited:
Yes, the good Abers certainly turned up on Saturday in their match against APW. Apart from the 3rd quarter they looked pretty awesome. When you consider that they have Oswald, Daniher and possibly Kefford to come back in, there is no reason why they can't go all the way come finals time, even from 3rd or 4th position. They most certainly have the best list on paper, and are capable of the most dominant football. Tom Hislop played on Saturday, and will be a bonus, provided he doesn't get himself reported and suspended.

Although not an Abers supporter I have seen them 6 times this season. 3 times I have come away thinking they are the likely premiers, and 3 times I have come away thinking they can't win it. Their best is brilliant, their worst is horrible. I may be imagining things, but I am pretty certain that there are the beginnings of streaks of white in Mal Michael's hair. Will most likely be completely white by the time he finishes his coaching career at Abers.

Round 3: Lost to AVH by 58 points
Round 6: Beat Keilor by 49 points
Round 7: Lost to Northern by 54 points
Round 10: Lost to Greenvale by 9 points ( after leading by 6 goals halfway through 3rd quarter )
Round 12: Beat AVH by 81 points
Round 14: Beat APW by 53 points

Should be some cracking games next week: Abers/Keilor, AVH/Strathmore, Marby/Pacco, APW/Northern Saints, and Greenvale/Douttas.

Last edited:
There are four rounds to go and the race for finals and avoiding relegation is hotting up!!
Strathmore 48pts. AH, AW, NS, AB In form side ATM. Expected to win all of these games and at very least two of them to secure top 2 finish.
Avondale H 48pts. ST, EDS, PV, KEIL Struggling for form but enough games in bank. Expected to win at least 2 games and get top 2 finish
Keilor 40pts. AB, MP, GR, AH Playing good footy and safe for a finals spot. Should win 2, could win 3, won’t overtake top 2 sides due to weaker %
Aberfeldie 36pts. Keil, NS, MP, St Most impressive side on paper. Hot & cold form. Should win at least 2 games. Their spot at risk if AW fires & they don't.
Airport West 32pts. NS, ST EDS, PV Must win all games for a chance for finals. Expected to win at least 3 games so need Abers to win 2 games less.
Greenvale 28 Pts. EDS, PV, KEIL, MP. Could win all 4 games but too late. Season will end in 4 weeks
Pascoe Vale 16 Pts. MP, GR, AH, AW. Should have done enough to survive. Will win one more game or none (Marby)
E Doutta Stars 12 pts. 77.74% GR, AH, AW, NS Important win today. Could win all these games or none. Still have some work to do to survive relegation
Marby 10 pts. 78.55% PV, KEIL, AB, GR Must win against PV at home or in firing line for relegation
N Saints 10 pts. 76.43% AW, AB, ST, EDS. Looking at relegation with Marby & EDS. Percentage vital. A win against EDS could save

LADDER PREDICTION
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Aberfeldie
Keilor
Greenvale
Airport West
Pascoe Vale
Essendon Doutta Stars
Northern Saints
Maribyrnong Park

As a Keilor man I'm uneasy about our run home, two games against teams above us and Greenvale to come. Potential might only get 1-2 wins. Is this enough for finals.

As a Keilor man I'm uneasy about our run home, two games against teams above us and Greenvale to come. Potential might only get 1-2 wins. Is this enough for finals.
If it came down to the last game and Keilor needed to beat Avondale to make the 4, I would back Keilor with some confidence. Particularly as they will be playing at home, and Avondale will probably already be assured of the double chance.

If it came down to the last game and Keilor needed to beat Avondale to make the 4, I would back Keilor with some confidence. Particularly as they will be playing at home, and Avondale will probably already be assured of the double chance.

Fair point, will be a very interesting last four rounds

Yes, the good Abers certainly turned up on Saturday in their match against APW. Apart from the 3rd quarter they looked pretty awesome. When you consider that they have Oswald, Daniher and possibly Kefford to come back in, there is no reason why they can't go all the way come finals time, even from 3rd or 4th position. They most certainly have the best list on paper, and are capable of the most dominant football. Tom Hislop played on Saturday, and will be a bonus, provided he doesn't get himself reported and suspended.

Although not an Abers supporter I have seen them 6 times this season. 3 times I have come away thinking they are the likely premiers, and 3 times I have come away thinking they can't win it. Their best is brilliant, their worst is horrible. I may be imagining things, but I am pretty certain that there are the beginnings of streaks of white in Mal Michael's hair. Will most likely be completely white by the time he finishes his coaching career at Abers.

Round 3: Lost to AVH by 58 points
Round 6: Beat Keilor by 49 points
Round 7: Lost to Northern by 54 points
Round 10: Lost to Greenvale by 9 points ( after leading by 6 goals halfway through 3rd quarter )
Round 12: Beat AVH by 81 points
Round 14: Beat APW by 53 points

Should be some cracking games next week: Abers/Keilor, AVH/Strathmore, Marby/Pacco, APW/Northern Saints, and Greenvale/Douttas.

Is this round the pre-curser to the first week of the finals with AB V Keilor and AH V SM? Out of the 3 teams, AB need to win the most to keep AW at bay. Will it be Jeckel or Hyde this week?
AW should account for NS at home in what should be another NS shootout - 25gls v 18gls.

MP v PV - huge game for MP as PV are safe in my opinion. If they lose then they have to pinch a game against a top side in the last 3 games or hope NS don't win another then % will come into play.

GV seemingly out of the race but are a proud club and will aim to win the last 4 to finish off the season well. EDS are not out of the relegation woods by any means and ideally would want to somehow win one of their next 3 or it will come down to a Relegation Final against NS in R18.

As is the case with previous seasons at this time of the year, injuries seem to be hitting most sides going by the ins and outs over the past month so those sides - be it AH or MP, that can get their best side on the park could mean the difference in playing finals or staying in Premier division.

Here's hoping the predicted bad weather is out of the system tomorrow and Saturday is half-decent.

tips for this week
Northern Saints vs Avondale
Airport West vs
Aberfeldie
Strathmore vs Greenvale
Doutta Stars vs Marby
Pacco vs Keilor

Go Marby

Are you tipping a draw for Northern Saints and Avondale match?

No I was tipping a Avondale win, I must have bold both teams, but 8 more points for Northern and it was a draw and I would have been a genius.

Not sure if anyone takes notice but I have been giving thoughts all year so I may as well keep going. Some more ripping games in Premier this weekend. Greenvale looked good for 3 quarters against the Mores last week but the rain came and washed away their finals aspirations. They will be too good for Douttas and win by 35. Marby v Pacco is huge for Marby as this might be their last chance for another win this year, Pacco will also be keen to sure up a spot in Premier for next year. Both Douttas and Northern will be cheering Pacco on, close game maybe Marby just. Aberfeldie V Keilor is another beauty with the Gorillas showing last week that at their best they are right in the mix. Keilor have been consistent all year, it all depends which Abers turns up? Abers by 11 points. Heights V Mores potentially a GF preview Mores are in ripping form and how good are the fwd lines of both these teams. Mores are my tip for the flag and they will become favs this week and win by 22 pts. APW V Northern a must win game for both clubs the Eagles would have been disappointed with last week and another loss here would all but make the top 4 a lock. With Kenny back surely APW will have too much fire power but Northern have been terrific this year. Eagles by 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back