Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brisbane were to finish bottom 2 I would think there 1st draft pick is fair for Beams. If they end up with pick 5 or 6 they would have to add a player to sweeten the deal.

If Brisbane were to finish bottom 2 I would think there 1st draft pick is fair for Beams. If they end up with pick 5 or 6 they would have to add a player to sweeten the deal.
Seeing that we need the key forward more at pick 2 I wouldn't do the trade . But if we get pick 5 that alone should get the deal done. Beams isn't Ablett or Pendlebury

Not while he is contracted. We were offered pick 2 for a contracted Rockliff last year and we virtually laughed in Melbourne face.

Then I can’t see this trade Happening. As Pies would want at Least your 1st Pick for Beams

Yeah pick 5 only Rockiff is a gun not sure why we really want Dayne Beams

Genuine goal kicking midfielder? Something our current group lacks at the moment. Getting Dayne Beams would really be the last midfielder we need. We've got Hanley, Zorko, Taylo and Green. Although someone else with some speed would be nice.

Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff, Jack Redden, Daniel Rich and Pearce Hanley with Stef Martin and Matthew Leuenberger tapping it down they're throats would be easily one of the best midfields in the comp. With Aish, Mayes, Taylor, Robertson and co rotating through there.

Would also give Rich a break and more support. Your not going to go and tag Beams, Rockliff, Hanley and Rich.

I'd happily give the #1 pick for Dayne Beams this year(if we actually had it) if he wanted to return. Despite our need for a tall forward.

Genuine goal kicking midfielder? Something our current group lacks at the moment. Getting Dayne Beams would really be the last midfielder we need. We've got Hanley, Zorko, Taylo and Green. Although someone else with some speed would be nice.

Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff, Jack Redden, Daniel Rich and Pearce Hanley with Stef Martin and Matthew Leuenberger tapping it down they're throats would be easily one of the best midfields in the comp. With Aish, Mayes, Taylor, Robertson and co rotating through there.

Would also give Rich a break and more support. Your not going to go and tag Beams, Rockliff, Hanley and Rich.

I'd happily give the #1 pick for Dayne Beams this year(if we actually had it) if he wanted to return. Despite our need for a tall forward.
i agree with you, hanley rich and dayne beams all have shown they can kick a goal every week and imagine one of them or rockliff running free for a whole game, also since we are getting hammelman this year and close looks good, those two with paps, rotating ruck, mayes and the mozzie squad would be a good enough forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol pick 5. If your recruiting department offered that to us, we would laugh in their face.

If Beams wanted out then I believe pick 5 would be in the ball park.

It's hardly something to sneeze at but not something I would accept either.

just what i was going to say, if beams didnt want out then it would have to be atleast top 3 and maybe a another pick or swap of picks atleast

Assuming we are not in a position to be bent over (in which case you might as well claim that pick 22+White=Tippett), pick 5 would not be in the ballpark. Pick 1 maybe. Draft picks are overrated. Would say the same in a draft like this for any of Sloane/Dangerfield/Fyfe/Rockliffe etc.

Assuming we are not in a position to be bent over (in which case you might as well claim that pick 22+White=Tippett), pick 5 would not be in the ballpark. Pick 1 maybe. Draft picks are overrated. Would say the same in a draft like this for any of Sloane/Dangerfield/Fyfe/Rockliffe etc.

Could use the pick to bring another team into it and get a replacement star for Beams...

There are always options.

Could use the pick to bring another team into it and get a replacement star for Beams...

There are always options.
What I'm saying is if you shopped pick 5 around, you wouldn't get a player like Beams back. Just look at the pick 5's from 2005-2010 (the latest when the players have had a decent chance to develop.)
Pendlebury (our own selection)
Boak
Jarred Grant
Jarrad Polec
Ben Cunnington
Michael Hurley
1xabsolute star
1x very good player slightly below in my possibly biased opinion Beams' output
1x flop
3x solid players, don't appear to be stars at this stage.
So you cash Beams in for pick 5, with a 1 in 6 chance of getting something equally good back, at best 1 in 3. +Beams has already had years of development put into him and is guaranteed. So yeah, I would definitely hope our recruiting staff wouldn't go near pick 5.

Well Beams would never leave Collingwood anyway
These comments just defeat the purpose of a hypothetical discussion entirely. May as well shut down this board during the season if people are gonna respond like that.

I dont see why he would go to Brisbane, more likely Gold Coast i would say basing on me thinking Gold Coast are destined for greatness.

Its abit rich how confident a few of the Brisbane supporters are about signing Beams, and unless you wait until the end of 2016 when hes a free agent, get ready to pay serious overs for him.

Hes seems pretty settled at Melbourne, serious relationship, one of the favorites at the club and is an AA standard footballer, hope he stays.

Your kidding me right our second string midfield beat their all mighty midfield last weekend. And a little thing called family might help us land him playing with his brother playing with us
Like i said destined for greatness, one bad week doesnt decide where a team is going.

It could help you, yes, but it would take much more than having his brother play for your side, your team would have to show they are heading into the right direction and that your premiership window is when Daynes the right age, one slump year(spooners next season or the season after) could seriously put him off playing for Brisbane. Beams is an elite footballer who should want to win premierships over playing with family, and if Gold Coast are a better placed team to allow him to win 1,2 or 3 premierships before he retires, then that would probably be his preferred destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back