Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he moved in a FA movement, he would chew someone's salary cap. He would get at least $800 k per season over a fair duration.

Collingwood don't have a gun held to their head in a trade sense. If he leaves in FA, they will get a 1st Round compensation pick for him.

Even worse, id still wait untill he is uncontracted
If thats the case, What's the point of trading then? Technically you can wait for ANY player to be contracted.
It's like saying, in a few years time collingwood will sign Jeremy cameron nathan fyfe Patrick danger field when they are uncontracted

If he moved in a FA movement, he would chew someone's salary cap. He would get at least $800 k per season over a fair duration.
id pay that for him, a Queensland born player who is already a A grade mid
If thats the case, What's the point of trading then? Technically you can wait for ANY player to be contracted.
It's like saying, in a few years time collingwood will sign Jeremy cameron nathan fyfe Patrick danger field when they are uncontracted
no im saying that there is no way that if i were brisbane and dayne beams wanted to leave collingwood and come back to his hometown than i will not give that much up and wait one or two (not sure when he is a free agent) to sign him

id pay that for him, a Queensland born player who is already a A grade mid

no im saying that there is no way that if i were brisbane and dayne beams wanted to leave collingwood and come back to his hometown than i will not give that much up and wait one or two (not sure when he is a free agent) to sign him
Alright I see, the way you said it sounded like beams is almost certain to ask to return home :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can have Howard, straight swap. I think it's a fair deal. We'll throw in Goodes as some steak knives.

Your delusional I you think Dayne Beams is worth as much as Jeremy Cameron on the open market.

Cameron, or equivalent, is what I'd want to trade him while he's still under contract. No one is forcing anyone to trade for him. If the price is too dear, take your chances on luring him as a restricted free agent next year. Reckon they won't get him though, he'll be a Pie for life.

Collingwood don't have a gun held to their head in a trade sense. If he leaves in FA, they will get a 1st Round compensation pick for him.

He signed for significant unders because Collingwood got him off his off field issues.

Clubs are aware of the off field issues he has and that probably limits a bit of what Collingwood would get back for him. He is a significant risk. That said he is a very good player and Collingwood are rightly going to be asking for something material to give him up.

If would be a very sweet turn of events if the Lions could finally get someone decent who wanted to return home to Qld.

He signed for significant unders because Collingwood got him off his off field issues.

Clubs are aware of the off field issues he has and that probably limits a bit of what Collingwood would get back for him. He is a significant risk. That said he is a very good player and Collingwood are rightly going to be asking for something material to give him up.

If would be a very sweet turn of events if the Lions could finally get someone decent who wanted to return home to Qld.

Well before the 2012 Season he was Struggling Off-Field but what I have seen/heard since he has improved lot.

Lot of Players would be on Party Drugs

He is a significant risk.

Based on? He's been a fine player on field and was in their leadership group. He quit that after his injury.

He isn't a risk. Brisbane would have to entice him over the guys down the road, who wanted him before he entered the draft. With the success they are about to have, paying him a massive contract would be the only way Brisbane might have a chance, if he does leave, which is probably unlikely.

I think there is a chance he will be playing for us at some stage during his career. Probably not this year though. Collingwood are on the decline. At Brisbane we've got a talented young list, plenty of cap space and the opportunity for Dayne to play with his younger brother.

Besides imagine a midfield of Martin(Ruck), Rockliff, Beams, Rich, Hanley and Redden. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back