Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a lame hypothetical by this threads standards, but would either Essendon or Hawthorn be prepared to trade their late teens pick for 2 around 25 - 27? (assuming Higgins leaves)
Both clubs have had limited draft intake the last couple of years.
Would be interested.

Leppa has seen the talent Griffiths has when he was at the tigers.

Trust me, it's out of you and the saints.

Straight swap for Polks.. although Post might be needed as a sweetener.

I think the Hawks lead the way in turning under performing players from other clubs and turning them into solid team players ala Gibson, Guerra, Hale and to a lesser extent Cheney and Ceglar.

Would be willing to put Hallahan and our first up for Watts and Melbournes 2nd

I'm probably gonna get well chastised by Hawks supporters but I think he could well be the tall bullocking mid we're searching for.

I think the Hawks lead the way in turning under performing players from other clubs and turning them into solid team players ala Gibson, Guerra, Hale and to a lesser extent Cheney and Ceglar.

Would be willing to put Hallahan and our first up for Watts and Melbournes 2nd

I'm probably gonna get well chastised by Hawks supporters but I think he could well be the tall bullocking mid we're searching for.
That's basically a swap of Watts for Hallahan, we've got a few of his slow-ish midfielder type already so doubt we'd do it. Oh and FYI Watts is no "bullocking midfielder".

Would like for us to look at Trengrove.

second round pick?

I think he could be.

Hawthorn have some outside runners in Hill, Smith and Hartung none of which are likely to be trade able. Langford is another option but I see him as a future captain like his old man. Woodward is another or maybe even Wanganeen. Both of which would cost us a little more.

Woodward and 2nd? For Watts?

Or possibly Watts for Suckling and your 2nd?

I think he could be.

Hawthorn have some outside runners in Hill, Smith and Hartung none of which are likely to be trade able. Langford is another option but I see him as a future captain like his old man. Woodward is another or maybe even Wanganeen. Both of which would cost us a little more.

Woodward and 2nd? For Watts?

Or possibly Watts for Suckling and your 2nd?

I don't know what you've seen in Watts to suggest he could be a bullocking mid.... he doesn't have the strength or desire to be one. He'll always be a raky flanker/wingman type and you have far better already in Smith and Hill.

As for your trade proposals, I'll politely decline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some great trade hypotheticals on here, given me many laughs.

As for the poster a few pages back who asked about Kerridge to Melbourne, I think it'd have to be a player swap as your first round picks are way too low even to consider a Kerridge + say our pick 10 for a first round upgrade. I actually think there is a lot of upside with Kegs and think as a defensive HFF he'd be an absolute gun, hits the scoreboard, nullifies the oppositions preferred defensive kicker...which is why I'd think a second rounder ( which is probably his value) would not be enough for the Crows to move him on.

Interested in what people think Matty Wright from the Crows value would be, think he is only 23

With the Hawks having plenty of cap space room at the end of the year it's likely we will target an established midfielder. I know there's been talk recently about Brisbane potentially offering Dayne Beams a huge contract, but Hawthorn would be an ideal fit for Beams given that in two years time none of Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and Sewell will be playing AFL. I reckon he would slot in nicely in our midfield. Obviously he'd cost a fair bit given he's already an A-grade midfielder. What would Collingwood want for Dayne Beams?

With the Hawks having plenty of cap space room at the end of the year it's likely we will target an established midfielder. I know there's been talk recently about Brisbane potentially offering Dayne Beams a huge contract, but Hawthorn would be an ideal fit for Beams given that in two years time none of Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and Sewell will be playing AFL. I reckon he would slot in nicely in our midfield. Obviously he'd cost a fair bit given he's already an A-grade midfielder. What would Collingwood want for Dayne Beams?
From an outsiders point of view I cant see him coming any cheaper than a top 10 pick and Grant Birchall. The guy is a superstar when fully fit and firing with heaps of potential left.

I'd imagine the only reason Beams would leave is to go back home. He is definitely worth a top three pick.

Last edited:
Roughhead alone, or gunstan plus ur first rounder

IMO Carlton need a pick in the top 5. It's my (admittedly vague) understanding that you'd have to reach for a KPP at pick 6.
I think the dogs will finish above us, but Melbourne could end up with two first round picks either through priority or compo.

So I'd look to upgrade our first pick by a spot or two. GWS want an established defender. White, Rowe?
If Melbourne end up with 2 & 3 downgrading one of them to 6 in exchange for a best 22 player might be tempting too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back