is luke shuey serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the highlight of his game for me.

None of our other midfielders could have caught him except for Yeo.
I don't remember this at the match. Could someone let me know when it occurred so I can check the replay? Ta

4th quarter, about the middle from memory, just look in the match video thingy for free kicks and find one for Shuey.
That would have been my normal approach, but being Shuey I might've been searching all night.

There's only one Shuey the ******* Shoe

He just seems to back his pace more and just runs off the tagger, dunno how he does it but it seems to work for him?

This thread did not need seven pages. There is a simple guide.

Luke Shuey serious:
images

Luke Shuey not serious:
b20c45c2a75711e3b31412ba40c13d01_8.jpg

I hope that clears things up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id also add football intelligence in there too, but wouldnt disregard the others.
watched him stand outside packs and just watched like a cameraman on the weekend.

the most alarming this is you can teach skills and you can improve attitude,
but footy nous is something that you either have or you dont,
and even if he does have some of it, he's had enough years in the system to show enough good signs

Isn't that what all those senior and assistant coaches are there to teach?

Sure some young footballers have good instincts but in the AFL there are game plans and structures to be followed. Every team practices stoppage play how to spread. So ability to learn and do your role in the structure is just as important than having poise and reading the play.

I'd suggest that Chris Judd knows more about football now than he did as a 18 / 22 year old.

I rate Shuey as an A grade mid, not A+ and not elite. He's shows signs but not long term consistency, he does pick up minor injuries than don't help.

If another mid drew the oppositions #1 tag and Shuey had a decent run with his fitness I could see him going up a level or two. He just like a club needs 'the planets to align' to play his best football.

Isn't that what all those senior and assistant coaches are there to teach?

Sure some young footballers have good instincts but in the AFL there are game plans and structures to be followed. Every team practices stoppage play how to spread. So ability to learn and do your role in the structure is just as important than having poise and reading the play.

I'd suggest that Chris Judd knows more about football now than he did as a 18 / 22 year old.

I rate Shuey as an A grade mid, not A+ and not elite. He's shows signs but not long term consistency, he does pick up minor injuries than don't help.

If another mid drew the oppositions #1 tag and Shuey had a decent run with his fitness I could see him going up a level or two. He just like a club needs 'the planets to align' to play his best football.

chris judd also had a brownlow medal after about the same amount of years in the system,
i didnt say shuey was a lost hope and he certainly shows his potential at times,
but if you read underneath the line you bolded in my quote
"and even if he does have some of it, he's had enough years in the system to show enough good signs"

my beef is that in his time he hasnt showed enough consistency to ever see him becoming an elite midfielder.
maybe i overestimate his talent, but i cant see him ever becoming a top 10 mid in the comp even at his peak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back