NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Robinson – Herald Sun
“Does North Melbourne need an 18-possession player who will play a role? Or an 18-year-old kid who will tackle a brick wall? Much prefer the latter. And did Archer ever kick four goals?
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-09-01/finals-in-the-media

Does this bloke have the memory of a goldfish? Has he got Archer mixed up with Darren Gaspar or something?

Archer was a very good forward. Robbo is clearly a goose.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-09-01/finals-in-the-media

Does this bloke have the memory of a goldfish? Has he got Archer mixed up with Darren Gaspar or something?

Archer was a very good forward. Robbo is clearly a goose.

100% agree KC. Nauseating the way the commentators fawn over Harry Taylor being able to go forward and kick goals like he's the first and only player to ever be able to do that.
Just like Corey McKernan never existed and NicNat is the only ruckman with a big leap than can go forward and be an athletic presence up forward.
McKernan >>>>>>>> NicNat btw.

FYI - He's kicked a bag of 4 and 5 and 6!

Last edited:
100% agree KC. Nauseating the way the commentators fawn over Harry Taylor being able to go forward and kick goals like he's the first and only player to ever be able to do that.
Just like Corey McKernan never existed and NicNat is the only ruckman with a big leap than can go forward and be an athletic presence up forward.

Good post mate. Definitely remember him kicking 6 against Freo and I know of him kicking 5 against the eagles very early on. Was also a great ace up the sleeve for Pagan, once we had a side 2-3 goals down after halftime he'd throw Arch forward and inevitable get 2-3 quick goals. Could easily have played his career as a dedicated forward.

Btw nice username and location! I too got sucked into believing Paul Geister would be our next big backman and Eric Lissenden was another horse/duck that we'd snatched from the bush.

mckernan's best is far better than anything nic nat is capable of.
then he lost confidence and the timing in his jump and for the last couple of seasons at North he struggled a little bit. (not counting stint 2)
very effective forward though and a brilliant, penetrating kick.

Good post mate. Definitely remember him kicking 6 against Freo and I know of him kicking 5 against the eagles very early on. Was also a great ace up the sleeve for Pagan, once we had a side 2-3 goals down after halftime he'd throw Arch forward and inevitable get 2-3 quick goals. Could easily have played his career as a dedicated forward.

Btw nice username and location! I too got sucked into believing Paul Geister would be our next big backman and Eric Lissenden was another horse/duck that we'd snatched from the bush.

Me too - was devastated when Geister joined the Power as he was Flossy's protégé I thought but if Darryl Poole was getting games ahead of him he can't have been crash hot to say the least.

Thing was back then - given the best KPDs would have to play on Carey, Longmire and McKernan (if fwd) and then other players would bob up and get a handy brace of goals - Archer, Sholl and Crocker were the main culprits but even Daniltchenko, Mark Stevens and Mellington got in on the action every now and then.

Me too - was devastated when Geister joined the Power as he was Flossy's protégé I thought but if Darryl Poole was getting games ahead of him he can't have been crash hot to say the least.

Never thought I'd hear someone else thought this!

He debuted in the last round of a season as an emergency iirc and looked a player. Tall and strong defender with a booming left foot. Bruce was excited about him. Held his place for the 1st final and did well, trailed off the next week and I don't think he ever played for us again?

Remember watching the news as Port entered the comp and saw we'd let them grab him as an uncontracted player. Thought we'd really lost a good one there.

Hindsight would suggest, um no.

Talking Footy. 10 mins on *, how brave! omg injuries, Fletch playing on?? Then, "just quickly on north". One comment then on to Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking Footy. 10 mins on *, how brave! omg injuries, Fletch playing on?? Then, "just quickly on north". One comment then on to Freo.
campaigners!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mind you Tim and Duck both think Luke McDonald is a lock for Rising Star.

Not sure where to put this.. But we get stuff all coverage from the media on a Monday night.

Talking Footy .. 30 seconds
360 nothing so far

FFS .....
I'm glad the club has jumped on board and done this media stuff. At least I don't waste 4 hrs of my time anymore for barely anything.

Dermott on the RunHome on SEN this afternoon. They talked about lots of stuff. Then at 4.55 "we'll talk about the Roos after the break", then five minutes of ads and other things, then nothing. North is so far under the radar they are invisible. I think that's a good thing but it's still annoying.

Out of curiosity, what are their injuries. Carlisle, Fletcher......
That's pretty much it. They started with a montage of the last 12 months. So very brave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back