Unofficial Preview Brownlow Medal 2014: Freo watch

Remove this Banner Ad

They moved to the bottom on the Brownlow tracker now. Like there is somebody who doesn't know what ineligible means. Really confused me when I looked through the votes again because suddenly players I remember doing well are missing at the top...

btw.: Why is Mundy ineligible? Did he get 1 game that got downgraded on early plea and/or good record during the season? Can't remember it and he played all games...

wow idiot wce fans actually loving he won it...

Sorry if D.Pearce won the medal, I would be calling farce and thinking how the hell the game allowed it to happen.

An awesome winner, I reckon. Priddis has clearly been WC's best this year and they had some convincing victories. I have no dramas with the result but I reckon some of you need to let go of the 'little brother' syndrome and the conspiracy crap. Hopefully Fyfe - and his team mates for that matter - try to play within the rules. Sure, we can talk about the ambiguity of rules, etc, but the reality is that of our 10 players who polled votes, four were ineligible. Brownlow aside, our players need to adapt to the rules because poor discipline made it harder for our best 22 to be on the paddock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow idiot wce fans actually loving he won it...

Sorry if D.Pearce won the medal, I would be calling farce and thinking how the hell the game allowed it to happen.

Can you please stop being such a knob on the main board thread?

I'd like to add, I'm utterly stoked Franklin didn't win the award.

Anymore media dry stroking of Sydney, their Bloods culture, all the while glossing over the elephant in the room at how they've achieved this success and I'd give up footy forever.

Anymore media dry stroking of Sydney, their Bloods culture, all the while glossing over the elephant in the room at how they've achieved this success and I'd give up footy forever.

+10000000000

Priddis plays in a s**t team with a s**t midfield. To do what he does every week is bloody good. Since fyfe couldn't win happy to see someone who isn't a complete ******** win. though i'd preferred Gazza.

I have to second that. they were banging on for ages this morning about what a feat it would be if Buddy won the Coleman, Brownlow, Premiership and Norm Smith. talk about getting ahead of themsleves, geez. Actually, don't mind Priddis winning it - as mentioned he is pretty humble and having already won a Sandover the guy can play - might not get the accolades of flashier players but puts his head over the ball and goes hard.

Fyfe is a freak, really hope he wins one,
Maybe next year he mighty get a few bonus pity votes from the umps especially if the MRP changes it's gradings of bumps. Yes I know he biffed Lewis.

I've been tracking this for a while. If he keeps it up for the the next couple of years he will be the second AFL/VFL player since Bunton Snr to poll over a vote per game.

Don't really care that Priddis won it but can you imagine how many votes Fyfe would have had if we had played the bottom 8 teams twice like the Eagles did? Whoa!

Fyfe won't win it next year.

Unless Ablett suddenly loses his fitness, lock him in. The suns will win more games = 3 votes locked.

I'll admit Fyfe would have won if he hadn't been bent over by the afl, he'd have got votes in the games he missed because of the rubbish suspensions so IMO he's unlucky and I hope he doesn't let it get to him in any way. Naturally I'm happy for priddis and glad it wasn't j duckwood. But team bias aside Fyfe is the man and I hope he gets it next year. (Not that I even rate the stupid medal but it does at least bring a player handy notoriety to the less informed) the players and coaches award are the true indicators of ability.

I have to second that. they were banging on for ages this morning about what a feat it would be if Buddy won the Coleman, Brownlow, Premiership and Norm Smith. talk about getting ahead of themsleves, geez. Actually, don't mind Priddis winning it - as mentioned he is pretty humble and having already won a Sandover the guy can play - might not get the accolades of flashier players but puts his head over the ball and goes hard.
It's nauseating. Priddis winning could almost be considered a troll of the AFL - the two big stars at Gold Coast and Sydney get denied a shared Brownlow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back