OD Cup - Match 21, Queensland vs Western Australia @ Bankstown

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised we won after batting 1st. If I recall correctly, we have a dreadful record when batting first, while we're much better at chasing totals.

Nice to get a win over WA, even if it didn't necessarily mean much.

Bring on NSW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah well I obviously wouldn't just shoehorn him in. When there's a spot available in the top three he should be next IMO.

Not for mine. I am far from convinced he is not still a 'four or nothing' player. It works domestically as you get enough '4 balls' to be put away but Internationally bowlers are much better.

Not for mine. I am far from convinced he is not still a 'four or nothing' player. It works domestically as you get enough '4 balls' to be put away but Internationally bowlers are much better.
In an innings of 120 he only hit eight 4s and one 6. In fact throughout the tournament he has scored a high portion of his runs via running rather boundaries.

His running between wickets has been very good recently.

Still not convinced there are too many questions about Khawaja
There are questions over pretty much every prospect at the moment. Khawaja may be the best of a bad bunch.

Okay. He's a four or nothing player against good bowlers
What evidence do we use then, if not the evidence from domestic cricket?

I'm not saying he is great. Just that on form he deserves a shot.

There are questions over pretty much every prospect at the moment. Khawaja may be the best of a bad bunch.

Hopefully the shield final when WA pick our full strength attack should give us some idea.

I'd also have him in the tour match to play the Saffers

Still not convinced there are too many questions about Khawaja
he looks a classy batsmen, but is a bit hit or miss. the biggest question mark, even the Australian selectors have told him that he needs to improve his fielding. seeing him in a few of the matador games this year, he looks pretty average in the field

Hopefully the shield final when WA pick our full strength attack should give us some idea.

I'd also have him in the tour match to play the Saffers
So we'll only know if he is good enough if WA make the Shield final in March? :D

Yeah, I'd like him in that game too.

Again, not saying he is without flaws, but we don't exactly have an embarrassment of riches and if he has improved deserves another go.

Not convinced he will work internationally plus his fielding is hopeless, and that is being nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back