List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

PETER Wright looks to be one of the most intriguing prospects as the NAB AFL Draft edges closer, with many predicting the tall talent could drift deeper into the first round.

Touted as a possible No.1 pick for much of the season, only weeks from the draft the 203cm forward/ruckman is considered a possibility to be still available at pick No.10 – and perhaps later.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-02/drift-from-the-wright

I want to believe...

This guy would have the potential to rival Pav/ Fyfe as our greatest drafting coup if he fell to pick 13. He is a 203 cm colossus whose stocks have dropped since the start of the year - after being touted as the potential pick 1 - as a result of being played out of his natural position as a forward and thrust into the ruck.

He has an elite field kick/ set shot for his size, and has the running power to not just play as a big monster in the goal square but to also push further up the ground and play as a roaming CHF.

I know we just drafted Apeness for the 'monster in the goal square' kind of role, but this guy is reportedly equally adept at playing further up the ground so playing them together should not present any serious problems.

Apparently he has a monster leg on him as well.

Pablo Martini has us taking Connor Blakely with our first pick.apparently Hawks are seriously looking at him. Now I'm thinking if they are seriously interested in him, so should we because they've got the best scouts judging by their recruiting. Plus he's a WA boy. I think he could be a serious gun. Anyone know much about him? And would anyone be against drafting him at 13?

I'd be shocked if we took a WA boy with our first rounder. Pickett will be gone by then, and there are so many other non-WA options that are better than Blakely. Freo recruiters have shown minimal preference in the past for WA players, unless they are legitimately around the best available at that pick.

There's a heap of KP and midfielder/flanker depth in this draft. In my mind, there's virtually no chance that Blakely's skill set will be attractive enough to put him ahead of the other guys that'll be available at our pick.

I'm wrong every year with the draft. But I feel pretty comfortable with the Blakely prediction.

I don't mind if we pick up players no one has heard of with our second and third picks, but I'm going to be pretty underwhelmed if our first pick is a left field pick with so many good talls available

I don't mind if we pick up players no one has heard of with our second and third picks, but I'm going to be pretty underwhelmed if our first pick is a left field pick with so many good talls available
The first rounder is always someone that people know. It just isn't usually the one that various BF supporters want.

I was over the moon when we picked up Simpson. He's the first first-round draftee that we've picked up in the last four drafts, that I was actually hoping we'd grab. And look how that turned out.

The first rounder is always someone that people know. It just isn't usually the one that various BF supporters want.

I was over the moon when we picked up Simpson. He's the first first-round draftee that we've picked up in the last four drafts, that I was actually hoping we'd grab. And look how that turned out.

Yeah I was pretty happy with Simpson too, and Apeness once I saw all his highlight videos. I just remember the drafts where we got Sheridan and Pitt with our first picks and there was just a bit of disappointment in that they were low profile skinny mids who we seemed to reach a bit for

People get excited about some of the names that are around with our first pick, and we seem to be one of those clubs that just completely ignores the hype and goes by their own completely different system of how they rank best available. It seems to work really well with late picks from seemingly nowhere like Neale and Sutcliffe but it makes it hard to get excited about the left field first rounders in the post draft wash up

Listening to Kim "I'm Never Wrong" Hagdorn yesterday say that the Eagles now have focussed their attention to Nakia Cockatoo after hearing that GWS are likely to take Jarrod Pickett with pick 7.

Listening to Kim "I'm Never Wrong" Hagdorn yesterday say that the Eagles now have focussed their attention to Nakia Cockatoo after hearing that GWS are likely to take Jarrod Pickett with pick 7.

I'm so disappointed that Kim Hagdorn is the source, because I would actually quite like it if that eventuated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett is a big Freo fan. Let's hope he gets very home sick if GWS do pick him up.

Considering our history with Freo fans something horrible and unforeseen will happen to him, Hogan re-signing with Melbourne, Jon Griffin's porcelain knees, Josh Simpson's issues etc and probably more I'm forgetting.

Considering our history with Freo fans something horrible and unforeseen will happen to him, Hogan re-signing with Melbourne, Jon Griffin's porcelain knees, Josh Simpson's issues etc and probably more I'm forgetting.
Sooner or later we have to have a win.

If Pickett is not going to be there at #13, then I hope he does indeed get picked by GWS. Would give us a good chance of luring him back home.

If Pickett is not going to be there at #13, then I hope he does indeed get picked by GWS. Would give us a good chance of luring him back home.

It'll be some ridiculous scenario like him lasting to the pick just before us then Richmond taking him. Happens to every player we like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back