Strategy PICK 5 - WHO WOULD YOU PICK NOW? (Its done! Thread closed, pls post on the 'welcome' thread)

A weeks to go. Who would you pick now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much rather take a long term view and end up with super bargains. Lever for me projects precisely this way.

For mine we are going to be in premiership contention soon so we should recruit players that fill needs and would make the best 22 easier in the future.

AFL rules require clubs to have a minimum of 38 senior listed players (the maximum is 40).

If you have 38 senior list players, you can have up to 6 Category A rookies, of which a maximum of 2 can be nominated by the club to play/be available to play senior football off the rookie list when the list filing deadline comes up in late March, without any need for a Long Term Injury to open a spot. Hence, the term "nominated rookies".

If you have 39 senior list players, it's a maximum of 5 Category A rookies, with 1 who can be "nominated".

If you have 40 senior list players, it's a maximum of 4 Category A rookies, none of whom can be "nominated".

(And no, the Yank isn't a Category A rookie, so he doesn't count).

This question comes up several times every year. We really ought to have it stickied in a FAQ thread or something...
A nominated rookie is a rookie who is elevated because a team does not have a full senior list of 40 players. For example we went into the 2014 Season with only 39 players on the senior list so we were able to elevate Ben Hudson from the rookie list to be our 40th player. He was a "Nominated Rookie".

Thanks Magpiebat and Babylove. Well explained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that is just going by Best Avaliable
The reason I ask is that Paige chick who is a pies supported who follows the tac cup said yesterday that de goey is the front runner at pick 5 now. But she didn't give a reason. I'd be surprised if we choose de goey over laverde

Is Laverde quick?We have a desperate need for quick outside runners,so if he is genuinely quick,then i would vote for him.

The reason I ask is that Paige chick who is a pies supported who follows the tac cup said yesterday that de goey is the front runner at pick 5 now. But she didn't give a reason. I'd be surprised if we choose de goey over laverde
Well I'm convinced. Paige is always correct when it comes to Collingwood and never links eveyone to us.

I've been away for a few days for work and just had a quick look over the thread again - seems this circular argument has us back at Lever. These threads make me laugh how they continually loop back on themselves.

I'm still on Laverde if available than either Cockatoo or Pickett. I haven't strayed too far from these guys over the last few weeks.

Suffice to say I'll probably be a little disappointed come draft day but really will back whomever we select.

Just saw some clips of De Goey, you can see why he ticks a lot of boxes that Hine loves and the main one is that he seems "coachable". When he speaks, he says all the right things about being a team player, wanting to improve, will do whatever is asked of him etc.

Obviously his ability is very good also- particularly overhead and he is very clean by hand and foot.

Will be interesting to see which way we go on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back