Strategy PICK 5 - WHO WOULD YOU PICK NOW? (Its done! Thread closed, pls post on the 'welcome' thread)

A weeks to go. Who would you pick now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not seen it. What does she about Collingwood?
Nothing you haven't heard before. Thinks Pickett to GWS @ 4, De Goey to Pies @ 5. Shem mentioned that there is probably some mind games going on between the clubs regarding those selections though. Didin't make any real definitive statements other than the top 3, although I believe that she thinks 4 & 5 will go the expected way.

Nothing you haven't heard before. Thinks Pickett to GWS @ 4, De Goey to Pies @ 5. Shem mentioned that there is probably some mind games going on between the clubs regarding those selections though. Didin't make any real definitive statements other than the top 3, although I believe that she thinks 4 & 5 will go the expected way.

Okay - Thanks.

So Pies still a Chance to get Pickett and De Goey might go to GWS?

For me I'm hope we select a kid who has great decision making under pressure and elite disposal by foot.

So in no particular order i'd be happy with any of:
Pickett
Laverde
Ahern

Having said that the only players I would be disappointed with at pick 5 would be Langford and Lever ... reasons being disposable efficiency and future risk of another ACL.

I see De Goey only played 6 TAC cup games this year so he must have had some injury issues.

Did he have a delayed start to the season?

If he's injury prone then he'll fit right in at the pies.:(:eek:;)

I see De Goey only played 6 TAC cup games this year so he must have had some injury issues.

Did he have a delayed start to the season?

If he's injury prone then he'll fit right in at the pies.:(:eek:;)
Broke his hand on a fence and missed the beginning of the year.

1. Saints -McCartin (seem to be sold on him)
2. Dees -Brayshaw (have been linked to him since day 1)
3. Dees -Lever or Wright (would they want a quality tall to complement Brayshaw? All they have is Hogan at the moment)
4. Giants -Pickett (apparently sold on bringing in outside speed with an X-factor. Have enough "hard at it" types)
5. Us -Petracca

cue: "Tell him he's dreamin'!!"

1. Saints -McCartin (seem to be sold on him)
2. Dees -Brayshaw (have been linked to him since day 1)
3. Dees -Lever or Wright (would they want a quality tall to complement Brayshaw? All they have is Hogan at the moment)
4. Giants -Pickett (apparently sold on bringing in outside speed with an X-factor. Have enough "hard at it" types)
5. Us -Petracca

cue: "Tell him he's dreamin'!!"
I'm doing a nudie run if that happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is who I think we could pick at 5 and how I rate them. Would not complain about any of them:

1. Jarrad Pickett
  2. Peter Wright
  3. Jayden Laverde
  4. Jordan De Goey
  5. Kyle Langford
  6. Paul Ahern

I honestly get the feeling that Emma is guessing from her answer.

It all hinges on her believing that Collingwood have the hots for Pickett and so do GWS, so GWS will select him at 4 because he won't last to them at 6.

So, if GWS aren't really playing us then the whole theory may be wrong. I think that this year we are giving nothing away and I firmly believe that our intersest in Bomps last year sparked others (particularly Dogs) to pounce. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Dogs recruiters but I genuinely believe that only took such enormous interest after we did.

I think that this year we are giving nothing away.

Another reason the dees could use one of their top 2 picks on a defender is because next years draft is slated as a good.midfielder draft. Melbourne could quite possibly have an eye on that and may consider pulling the trigger for lever at 3

I honestly get the feeling that Emma is guessing from her answer.

It all hinges on her believing that Collingwood have the hots for Pickett and so do GWS, so GWS will select him at 4 because he won't last to them at 6.

So, if GWS aren't really playing us then the whole theory may be wrong. I think that this year we are giving nothing away and I firmly believe that our intersest in Bomps last year sparked others (particularly Dogs) to pounce. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Dogs recruiters but I genuinely believe that only took such enormous interest after we did.

I think that this year we are giving nothing away.

Well No one will be 100% sure who is going where except for the top 3 Picks.

They just go with what they hear. Emma has been Right with Top 10 for the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back