No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could see about 9 years into the future right now.

I'll give you a glimpse of about 15 years in the future,

Sitting in some leagues club, or perhaps even an RSL.

Wearing a Swans tracksuit, that clearly has seen better days and not so much fat pushing at the seams.

He's feeding the machines coins, and tipping pots down his throat.

His wife has moved on. With the kid too.

His old Swan mates aren't that matey anymore because those promised premierships never eventuated.

And their payrises never eventuated either 'cause Buddy had all the coin locked away.

After 2016, when his mobility was shot, the serious knee injury effectively ended his career.

So Buddy spent the next 5 years in the couches box, putting out witches hats and clapping a heap.

Meanwhile, Luke Hodge drove Hawthorn to 5 straight - 4 as captain, then 1 as assistant coach prior to Al Clarkson taking up a key role at the UN.

As for Buddy, he kept seeing his Hawthorn 'mates', albeit more infrequently as the years went by. After all he'd jumped after the first flag for 'greener pastures' but found only a tar pit.

And now, the love and recognition he always craved, he finds in this distant Leagues Club, as people saunter up to him - now more infrequently - and say, "aren't you the guy who fought Paul 'Fatty' Vautin in that celebrity boxing match?"

You can have either one freak or two excellent players, which do you choose?

5 cougars thanks and a slice of lemon

Will be happy with Will Langford :D

Will be a nice feeling if Buddy doesn't experience premiership success again. Yes you can argue that the chapter should be closed as despite the media attention and willing it to happen, the Sydney-Buddy fairytale couldn't come true - Hawthorn won it yee hawwwwww etc.

Wearing a Swans tracksuit, that clearly has seen better days and not so much fat pushing at the seams.

His old Swan mates aren't that matey anymore because those promised premierships never eventuated.

And their payrises never eventuated either 'cause Buddy had all the coin locked away.

After 2016, when his mobility was shot, the serious knee injury effectively ended his career.

So Buddy spent the next 5 years in the couches box, putting out witches hats and clapping a heap.

Meanwhile, Luke Hodge drove Hawthorn to 5 straight - 4 as captain, then 1 as assistant coach prior to Al Clarkson taking up a key role at the UN.

As for Buddy, he kept seeing his Hawthorn 'mates', albeit more infrequently as the years went by. After all he'd jumped after the first flag for 'greener pastures' but found only a tar pit.

And now, the love and recognition he always craved, he finds in this distant Leagues Club, as people saunter up to him - now more infrequently - and say, "aren't you the guy who fought Paul 'Fatty' Vautin in that celebrity boxing match?"

He doesn't strike me as the Warwick Capper type either :confused:

Well, half of it when the divorce comes through in a few years time and the gold digger gets what she 'deserves'... :rolleyes:

Come off it, 'sif the money grabber will part with any of his easy-earned coin :) He'll make her sign a pre-nup, which states he can still root around, get on the piss with his rugby mates, and she wont get a thing if she leaves him (except the coin from New Idea when she sells her story).

Come off it, 'sif the money grabber will part with any of his easy-earned coin :) He'll make her sign a pre-nup, which states he can still root around, get on the piss with his rugby mates, and she wont get a thing if she leaves him (except the coin from New Idea when she sells her story).
I hope he does tbh

So many cynics.

You've all forgotten the media rights to the wedding pics, pics of the first born, the divorce with pics and tell all confessions, the reconciliation with pics, the Bud and the Bint have opened the door to a whole new gold seam to be mined. Pickering must be spewing at this development.

Well I am sick to bloody death of bec and leyton so it works for me. At least buddy crashes cars and other exciting misdeeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong supporters will not want to see us threepeat because at the moment there is contention regarding who is the most successful of the recent years, a threepeat will relegate them to the relative obscurity enjoyed by the other 16 clubs

2007-2011: The forgotten years between the Brisbane and Hawthorn dynasties. I think Collingwood may have won a flag but it's rather hard to recall.

It's only got 65 pages now. Geelong mods or posters delete posts to hide their shame?

Yeah, seems like it went from "Chip is totally coming to the Cats!" to "Locked because nomination" really quickly... maybe a few pages of "@#$%ing HAWKS ARE CHEATERS" were deleted...

Cant you spot a new idea career being crafted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back