The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that you can say this, on one hand, then express the views that you have about the lack of respect for Adam Goodes on the other.

You don't mind direct, personal insults, but are bothered by a bit of booing?

Because persistent racism is the same as a one off one-liner. :rolleyes:

I find it odd that you can say this, on one hand, then express the views that you have about the lack of respect for Adam Goodes on the other.

I dont see the similarities sorry, the two issues are so different on so many levels.

Sorry but a manager being told he leaves 3 clubs in messes is more offensive than being called fat.

Would have thought that's pretty obvious, but José brings out the angry in people.
Hardly.

The fact that he thinks she should monitor his diet is offensive as well. But because she made a comment about her husband joining clubs after Jose, all comments are fair game? Spare me. Jose is a tit.

chef's ok with getting personal on some issues but not with others, depends on the situation.

Hardly.

The fact that he thinks she should monitor his diet is offensive as well. But because she made a comment about her husband joining clubs after Jose, all comments are fair game? Spare me. Jose is a tit.

He gives as good as he gets.

Surprised some are getting so worked up over this.

A man pokes a bear with a stick and then the bear bites him. Who fault us it?

Because persistent racism is the same as a one off one-liner. :rolleyes:

Except, as has been discussed, for a lot of people, it has nothing to with race.

It is also just booing, not racist abuse in the form of name-calling etc.

Chef is offended by a few boos but doesn't mind personal insults.

So who has Bruce heard call him the elephant man? Chef was indicating people on here saying it was no different to someone saying it to the media.

Bruce regularly makes reference to the chants he hears from supporters, and has even mentioned going on a diet over the off-season when the media took photos and mocked him because of his weight.

Except, as has been discussed, for a lot of people, it has nothing to with race.

It is also just booing, not racist abuse in the form of name-calling etc.

Chef is offended by a few boos but doesn't mind personal insults.

Did you have a problem with José being insulted in the first place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gives as good as he gets.

Surprised some are getting so worked up over this.

A man pokes a bear with a stick and then the bear bites him. Who fault us it?
That was far worse than he got.

A woman pokes a bear with the stick. The bear bites her and her husband (who didn't comment at all). And you don't see why that's a problem?

You are offended by a few boos.

But don't mind direct personal insults.

'A few boos' is the most ridiculous understatement. People don't get ejected from grounds for 'a few boos'. Players don't need time off from playing the game, and consider immediate retirement for 'a few boos'.

A woman pokes a bear with the stick. The bear bites her and her husband (who didn't comment at all). And you don't see why that's a problem?

Was it a sharp stick? That could have really hurt.

There is no problem.

upload_2015-7-30_9-54-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-30_9-54-5.png
    upload_2015-7-30_9-54-5.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 4
'A few boos' is the most ridiculous understatement. People don't get ejected from grounds for 'a few boos'. Players don't need time off from playing the game, and consider immediate retirement for 'a few boos'.

The point is that the crowd is not calling him names, or hurling racist abuse. And there is no proof that the boos are race-related anyway (though there is probably a racial element for some people). They are just booing, as they are entitled to do to anyone.

If they were insulting Goodes by calling him names or mocking him directly, that would be different.

I just find it funny that one could be so blasé about direct personal insults but so outraged by boos.

The point is that the crowd is not calling him names, or hurling racist abuse. And there is no proof that the boos are race-related anyway (though there is probably a racial element for some people). They are just booing, as they are entitled to do to anyone.

If they were insulting Goodes by calling him names or mocking him directly, that would be different.

I just find it funny that one could be so blasé about direct personal insults but so outraged by boos.
Telling him to get back to the zoo is not race related?

Mou owned Rafa and his wife with the original response (ruining inter etc), the misogynistic and personal insults at the end weren't necessary imo. Should have taken the high road and stuck to football related matters.

Bruce regularly makes reference to the chants he hears from supporters, and has even mentioned going on a diet over the off-season when the media took photos and mocked him because of his weight.
Well they're wrong too.

I can't speak for everyone but I kid on here about it because I know they'll never see it. There's no way known I'd ever chant it
Nah, it wasn't IMO.
So you'd prefer someone telling you that you were a fat bloke who's wife feeds him too much, rather than hearing you're a s**t baker/chef? Interesting.

Each to their own I guess :thumbsu:

Mou owned Rafa and his wife with the original response (ruining inter etc), the misogynistic and personal insults at the end weren't necessary imo. Should have taken the high road and stuck to football related matters.

Exactly.

Everything was fine until the comment about Rafa's weight, which was typically classless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back