Autopsy Hawks Eaten Alive By Tigers, Round 18 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

We went into that expecting to win and I have no doubt we would have If tigers had got up last week but they didn't so they were pumped up to rectify that loss , they did it perfectly they have always been our bogey team and there players always get themselves up against us .

Few pointers, hilly was atroucious but that's stating the bleeding obvious , if bruest is injured or sore stop running him into the ground and give him a rest. Roughead once again dissapoints when we need a leader to take the game by the scruff of the neck and hale I think has played his last game for us, he is like a dinosaur out there offering very little persist with ceglar or rotate shoey through occasionally and bring in a mid

Outs vs wce
Hale , bruest, lake (top 2 is done manage him )
Ins
ceglar, litherland, Jedi

I think a lot of posters underrated the Tigers their form has been exellent lately they beat the swans at the scg and we're unlucky not to beat freo last week. Spare me the umpire s**t sure they make mistakes some weeks it goes in our favour sometime it doesn't it's the random nature of our game the good teams win convincingly and take them out of the equation. We simply got out worked by a more desperate team that was able to beak down our game plan and stop us playing on our terms. We won't win every week that's footy I'm hoping we can head out west next week and get the job done but that games not going to be easy either.

Stay strong supporters don't melt and play the blame game get behind the team and show support.

Well done to the Tigers I hope we don't play them in finals they play a good contested pressure game that throws our lads off.

Outs vs wce
Hale , bruest, lake (top 2 is done manage him )
Ins
ceglar, litherland, Jedi

Top 2 is not done yet, just not in our hands any longer. We'd probably need to win every game, and rely on WC losing the derby. We could even make top 2 with another loss if the loss is not against WC, but that requires quite a few more things to go our way (WC losing to dogs or Adelaide as well as the Derby for example AND Sydney dropping at least another game). We can even make top 2 if we lose to WC, but again WC needs to lose 3 other games, which seems unlikely. Top 2 will be so crucial I don't think we want to make plans based on giving it up just yet. In any case, we can't afford to go into games without our best team now, because if we lose to WC are are suddenly in danger of not making top 4, that is even more true if top 2 is gone.

Last edited:
Eagles will lose to us and freo, so tberefor parity ensures in two weeks. We will be ferocious next week, make no mistake.

Roughy was poor tonight, couldn't hold his marks against smaller opponents. Maybe the cancer scare and loss of weight has attributed to this.
Shoey looked like he was about to clunk a couple of big marks, so really need to persevere with him.
Think it is time to give Billy a full game as his composure looks ready for the big time.
Frawley looks rusty but could be due to lack of football this year. We seem very 1 paced at times and when our ball movement is poor it shows.
We got out hawthorned today but still heaps to work with.
Finally i don't like blaming umpires , but Ray Chambermaid is an overbearing twat, he didn't cost us the game as our fumbling was poor but
his constant attention seeking shits me. Would love every supporter too boo like crazy everytime he bounces the ball, so then Caro can write how everyone at hawthorn has heightism issues.

People need to relax about Frawley. He's a gun.

He just needs a bit of luck. Was in awesome form before his last injury but is getting no continuity and then copped a knock tonight in his first game back. His first game back and playing on one of the best forwards in the AFL, even though Lake is in the team and in form. That's a job Spanger never gets and while we all love Spanger he gets a free pass because he gets the easy jobs.

Once Frawley starts stringing games together, it will all fall in to place.
I have seen nothing in the last 3 years that convinces me that Frawley is a better fit and player than Spanger. Frawley makes our backline look slow and ineffective, while he cannot stop his opponent overhead. When both fit, easy choice.

What on earth do posters on BF have to do with how the HFC plays
Absolutely nothing. Hence the karma comment. All too often happens - you see the supporters all worked to a frenzy and then all of a sudden there's an unexpected loss. Seems the footy gods have a sense of irony, and the script doesn't change much every time it plays out (not just Hawks, but any really strong side coming up against a lower-ranked opponent.

You trying to tell me you haven't seen this scenario play out a bunch of times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fan confidence has no impact on performance. You know this right?
Thanks mate. Appreciate your insight. But having smoke blown up your arse for weeks on end does, no matter how excellent the footballer - definitely has an impact on player performance. The complete out-hustling by Richmond tonight is yet another of many examples of this (not just within hawthorn).

There's a lot more mental side to the game than it seems you give credit too. It's impossible for players to avoid being mentally effected by the sort of press that we've been given - its effected the players, just to a far lesser extent than the fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went the game last night, clearly beaten by a better team on the night.

Very hard game to watch, congested and low scoring, has become a very defensive game, may as well bring in the off side rule , AFL needs to show courage to save the game.

Modern footy is becoming very boring to watch, love the Hawks but really struggling at the moment to enjoy the game I have spent my whole life playing , coaching and watching. My take...

Thanks mate. Appreciate your insight. But having smoke blown up your arse for weeks on end does, no matter how excellent the footballer - definitely has an impact on player performance. The complete out-hustling by Richmond tonight is yet another of many examples of this (not just within hawthorn).

There's a lot more mental side to the game than it seems you give credit too. It's impossible for players to avoid being mentally effected by the sort of press that we've been given - its effected the players, just to a far lesser extent than the fans.

I have absolutely no doubt that playing some 'easy' games that have little intensity can leave you off the boil going in to harder games. I commented during the week that I hope the intensity we brought from the start was much better than what it was in the Carlton game. Unfortunately it wasn't and that's a subconscious thing that the players suffer from rather than any result of over arrogance on their part.

However you said this and something similar to this also in the pre-game

this was exactly the sort of loss I was afraid would happen given the arrogance of our fans on bigfooty particularly this week

The arrogance, of which I think it is just confidence that a side that very rarely lets us down, that we would expect our side to win is perfectly reasonable and what's more, has absolutely zero impact on how our players front up.

Don't know why anyone's looking forward to next week. Top 2 is cooked. We will get flogged by WC. As I said this will be an opportunity to have a lovely weekend away with a footy match on the side for the club.

Don't know why anyone's looking forward to next week. Top 2 is cooked. We will get flogged by WC. As I said this will be an opportunity to have a lovely weekend away with a footy match on the side for the club.

Piss poor attitude given how much the club has given in the last few years... agree top 2 is cooked though but we can win it from 3rd.

Enjoy the wineries then :thumbsu:

I just go with the attitude of the players. They had a piss poor attiture last night, so I ll do the same. Obviously top 2 is not important to them, hence the bloody debacle last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back