Roast The Ugly v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Six, most of any player on either team.

To be fair though he didn't get the ball all that much.

But statistically speaking the more he gets its the higher the clangers. It's a blessing for us that he had few disposals.

I'm glad we sacked Rendell. He was a useless recruiting manager who filled our squad up with girls like Henderson, Mackay, Jenkins et al who have no care for the jumper, no care for the supporters, no care for each other. Hell they don't even give a * when the umpires blatantly cheat in front of a national audience. I'm sick of the apathy showed by a large proportion of our team week in week out.

UGLY: Carlton showing more defensive pressure in the first minute of their game against Nth than we showed all game!!

Lynch and danger were alright, everyone else was crap.

Crouch as sub was such a s**t decision

Our pressure was appalling, sloane, douglas and thommo only interested going one way

Our tackling...

Wright and mackay should juat * off, i would even take VB over them.

Tex is a poor captain, hes played one good game all year but still wasted opportunities anyway.

And overall i really hope we didnt have other options as a coach cause campo is hopeless

Can we get Mackay clanger count?

6 from 16. When you take into account 13 uncontested possessions, his 62.5% efficiency is earshot for a guy who's meant to have elite skills and the ability to buy time with his pace. Anyone who still believes that this very average footballer has these weapons probably doesn't watch him play.

Yes it was ugly but ....
I had feared this would happen. Emotional roller coastering sooner or later takes it's toll.
The lowest of lows... then Showdown win......then playing Sydney after all this brouhaha with Goodes .. ..no coach appointed...Danger not signing ...I'm spent ..... imagine the players

So you think it happens just like that eh? :rolleyes:
No but are you the authoritarian on the grieving process?:rolleyes:

The players played without any heart or spirt today, the reasons can come out in the wash. Next week I'm confident the players will lift against Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly:

Predictable team selection for next week..
In: Van Berlo
Out: Lyons or Crouch
xLF8UHo.gif

Is our team supercoach total score a record low?

FULL TIME SCORES (PRE-SCALING)

SYDNEY
8 Kurt Tippett 160
3 Jarrad McVeigh 135
4 Dan Hannebery 127
15 Kieren Jack 125
24 Dane Rampe 123
6 Tom Mitchell 121
32 Lewis Jetta 116
26 Luke Parker 116
12 Josh P. Kennedy 105
11 Jeremy Laidler 91
25 Ted Richards 86
44 Jake Lloyd 84
7 Harry Cunningham 83
23 Lance Franklin 69
39 Heath Grundy 68
2 Rhyce Shaw 64
21 Ben McGlynn 56 SUBBED OFF
40 Nick Smith 56
20 Sam Reid 54
5 Isaac Heeney 40
13 Toby Nankervis 34
33 Brandon Jack 8 SUBBED ON

ADELAIDE
27 Tom Lynch 92
5 Scott Thompson 90
31 Jarryd Lyons 89
24 Sam Jacobs 75
4 Josh Jenkins 72
9 Rory Sloane 72
32 Patrick Dangerfield 70
29 Rory Laird 62
33 Brodie Smith 61
45 Ricky Henderson 60
26 Richard Douglas 59
6 Jake Lever 57
11 Matthew Wright 57
12 Daniel Talia 50
14 David Mackay 49
18 Eddie Betts 42
23 Charlie Cameron 40
39 Riley Knight 40 SUBBED OFF
13 Taylor Walker 40
16 Luke Brown 35
15 Kyle Hartigan 34
44 Matt Crouch 23

Ugly
A top four team reminding us just how far we are off the pace. Sigh.
Exactly ... more than a few players short, our depth is nada.

DEFENCE - we are looking ok for the future, but still would love another quality backman
MIDFIELD - Sloane recovering? Dangerfield ineffective? Thommo wasting possessions? Douglas shut down? Jacobs completely thrashed.
FORWARDS - Betts and Charlie got smashed, Tex looked at about 50%, Jenkins tried, Lynch tried

The passengers of our team that have been on the bus and riding along nicely since our last finals campaign need to be cut loose.

Trade them, dump them - just get them out of Crows colours. I'm not saying this in response to tonight's loss ... more from looking ahead and seeing how far behind we are in terms of quality players on our list.

Henderson - makes bad decisions
Mackay - looks like a boy playing against men
Wright - I don't even know where to start

I'm getting pretty sick of Dangerfield's inability to hit a house too ... eff-me he has been ordinary with his use of the ball over the last few weeks. Sure his work in the contest is good, but I have not seen him playing good team footy for a while ... he burns people with his disposals by hand and foot.

Making the top 8 for a token final I guess will be seen as success for some, but for me we are wasting weeks trying to scrape in when next year is looking like it is going to be another re-building year for our club.

We can't use that as excuse forever they have a job to do I'm sure if a family member of mine died I'd be expected back to work in 3 weeks (I say that without any disrespect for Walsh what happened was a tragedy)
It was the Redbacks mindset this year too. I reckon when certain things aren't going well during the game the mind would wander but we simply can't keep going back to it.

We can't use that as excuse forever they have a job to do I'm sure if a family member of mine died I'd be expected back to work in 3 weeks (I say that without any disrespect for Walsh what happened was a tragedy)
Yes, but understand two things. You might not function fully and you will have good and bad days. And, they've lost their coach. campo is trying but is he the right one? And it's so hard on him as well, expected to pull these guys together knowing they'll have good and bad days.

Did Sloane play today?

Too many times Jacobs has had shockers and when he does we stink

We have too many average footballers that can't kick

But nothing excuses the lack of effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back