List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
in our current one on one gamestyle howe is not that effective of a 1 on 1 backman, If he went to a side that used defence as attack I think he could be a really important player because he is a very good over head mark especially when he gets to attack the ball with no pressure

We attack from stoppages which makes him ineffective but he could easily play like a Wood, McGovern etc

in our current one on one gamestyle howe is not that effective of a 1 on 1 backman, If he went to a side that used defence as attack I think he could be a really important player because he is a very good over head mark especially when he gets to attack the ball with no pressure

We attack from stoppages which makes him ineffective but he could easily play like a Wood, McGovern etc
I see Howe as more of the 'loose man in defence' type player. Could be the next Adam Oxley

Stewart from GWS is a talent. We should offer everything for him. Give them our first pick. With him and Hoges as our key forwards we'd be set for a decade and Dawes could be put out to stud at Casey.

Or maybe even spud? Just looked at Stewart, he was pick 27 in 2012 and is from Victoria. He'd be behind Cameron, Patton, McCarthy at GWS... We should go hard at him.
He also hasn't done much, did alright today with 2 goals and 8 marks, but over the season he's kicked 14 goals from 12 games averaging 3 marks a game. 3rd round pick at max for him.

Assuming Garland and Howe both go, this is how trade week could pan out:

Howe goes to GC for their 2nd rounder (Pick 20). Garland leaves as FA, we get a 2nd rounder as compo.

That would leave us with pick 5-6 (If Saints lose their next two and we can win vs GWS we'll leapfrog them) and three picks in the 20-30 range. That is a fair bit of currency to throw around (Picks wise), especially when you factor in we can trade 2016 picks as well.

Do people really think we will get a 2nd round pick for Garland if he leaves? Im not so sure. I cant see him demanding big $ anywhere and he's only polled highly in our b&f once in 2013.

Garland is a strange one. He never stands out one way or another. Hes just always there. He doesnt have great skills, hes that in between height, he doesnt have a style or one part of his game he excels at. Seems to lack a bit of urgency? I dont know. Hes not a bad defender, but not a great one either. Hes not creative enough coming out of defence.

If he stays, i feel he should play a similar role to Gunston. A roaming forward. Could depend on if we get Lynch or not, but that is where i see him being more effective. Maybe put Frost or OMac back to replace him. I cant see him staying in our back 6.

Like i said, hes a strange one. Im not sure if ill be upset if he goes or stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also hasn't done much, did alright today with 2 goals and 8 marks, but over the season he's kicked 14 goals from 12 games averaging 3 marks a game. 3rd round pick at max for him.

Look at the Melbourne team and tell me who has done a lot? We have 3 or 4 players that could say they have had a ok season but nothing great. When getting playersor type of player you want from another club you have to pay more than they are worth. Hawks are a example of that.

If we wanted him a 2nd round would be the least (hoping for a swap for Howe) ..

Just say we went after Kelly (GWS) he might need a first round and a Howe .. (which I would do) ..

To get depth and talent from trading we will have to pay way overs .. not like we can say we are in finals contention

Look at the Melbourne team and tell me who has done a lot? We have 3 or 4 players that could say they have had a ok season but nothing great. When getting playersor type of player you want from another club you have to pay more than they are worth. Hawks are a example of that.

Just say we went after Kelly (GWS) he might need a first round and a Howe .. (which I would do) ..

To get depth and talent from trading we will have to pay way overs .. not like we can say we are in finals contention
I get what you're saying, but Kelly isn't worth Howe and our first round selection.

No you don't have to pay overs on the trade table, you might have to pay overs in cash to the player to convince him to come to a crap club but you don't pay overs on the trade table. you pay a fair and reasonable compensation to the club.

We coud draft a better player with our 2nd pick, why would we use it to pay over to get a below average player? Howe is also worth more than him, would rather more for our return.

My biggest requirement trade-wise is that it is done in some kind of artful manner to ensure we can be in some position to offer Hogan anything in the world and insane dollars to extend his contract once it is up for a further 5 years

Grimley from Hawthorn, worth a look as a forward/back up ruck?
Won the VFL goalkicking along with Lisle from Port Melb and McBean from Richmond. Could get him cheap.

Might be worth a look, but not esteemed company he's keeping splitting the award with those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back