Silly Season - ALL RUMOURS, TRADE SUGGESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS HERE

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats why I trust there judgement Pike was an absolute brilliant call along with Mal Michael. They have also released a couple of players the last couple of years and it has paid off. If the Coaching panel decide to go through with this trade even though personally I wouldn't do it I would back it to pay off because they are excellent at what they do.

PS roostersgal4eva: Hope you are ready for a home loss, got a DVD of last years Grand Final if you want to have a lend:D.
A change is as good as a holiday

PS: we dont loose at home and we have done what no one has acchieved this year - beat CCM

A change is as good as a holiday

PS: we dont loose at home and we have done what no one has acchieved this year - beat CCM

Yeah they should settle in well, Johnstone with a fresh start could be a gun for us as well.

PS: We are yet to lose a game this year so it is going to be a ripper contest, am going to the Pub tomorrow night to watch.

I just wish this trade week is over and done with

Seeing what Carlton are doing to Kennendy makes me realise why I hate it so much!

PS: I will be @ the game and cant wait!

I just wish this trade week is over and done with

Seeing what Carlton are doing to Kennendy makes me realise why I hate it so much!

Definitely feel for Kennedy.

Seeing humans being traded against their will like a commodity seems uncivilized at best.

I hope he becomes an absolute jet of a forward at West Coast.

Definitely feel for Kennedy.

Seeing humans being traded against their will like a commodity seems uncivilized at best.

I hope he becomes an absolute jet of a forward at West Coast.
I made a point how we are so quick to blast players who want to leave and yet we are OK with team trading player willy nilly

this proves it

I made a point how we are so quick to blast players who want to leave and yet we are OK with team trading player willy nilly

this proves it
I'm not sure about that. I think that the Kennedy situation is different to almost every other trade as the poor guy is left with virtually no choice. In most trades, there has to be a degree of compliance from the player. Discussions involving a particular player generally go no further than a preliminary stage unless the player is on board. Clubs have to sell the concept to the player - otherwise the trade is dead in the water.

The problem with the Kennedy trade is that he has no leverage whatsoever. If he'd shown more form, then Carlton wouldn't have him on the table.

He is out of contract and is being targeted. Very much a required player at Brisbane.

PS roostersgal4eva: Enjoy the game tomorrow night. Might be a PM or two if the mighty VICTORY get up.

Does anyone know anything about this guy Meyer?:confused:

If the trade has to happen (ie if we don't we get nothing as Hooper walks), I would hope a draft pick or two gets thrown in with Mr Meyer.

I think I am still in Shock that Hooper is even mentioned. We worked so hard to even get him back to play footy and all of a sudden another club is going to come and steel him from under our noses.

What a joke:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know anything about this guy Meyer?:confused:

If the trade has to happen (ie if we don't we get nothing as Hooper walks), I would hope a draft pick or two gets thrown in with Mr Meyer.

I think I am still in Shock that Hooper is even mentioned. We worked so hard to even get him back to play footy and all of a sudden another club is going to come and steel him from under our noses.

What a joke:mad:

Meyer couldn't find the ball if it was balanced on the end of his nose. Only cracked 3 games in the Wooden spoon team this year.

Meyer couldn't find the ball if it was balanced on the end of his nose.

Even can't find one when he looks in the Esky behind the goals for a kick in:D

Only kidding just getting wrapped up in the moment.

Wood trade boosts Magpie ruck stocks

3:31 PM Thu 11 October, 2007 | Back
By Jennifer Witham
Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

News

YOUNG ruckman Cameron Wood has officially become a Magpie, after Collingwood agreed to trade its first round selection in the NAB AFL Draft to the Brisbane Lions in exchange for the emerging South Australian.
The Lions will receive selection No.14 in the November draft, with the 20-year-old ruckman now bound for Victoria after spending three years with Brisbane.
The 20-year-old was officially traded on Thursday afternoon for the Pies' highest selection, despite speculation Rhyce Shaw may have been set to become part of the deal.
But, the Pies got their man without losing a listed player, and are optimistic he will continue to develop when given more opportunities.
"Our thoughts were that Cameron is a 204cm ruckman, and that's an area that we needed to support," Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine told collingwoodfc.com.au.
"He'll be playing as a 21-year-old next year, he's had three years in the system, so the scope for his development, we think, is large.
"We're able to bring him in with our first round selection, and hopefully, he'll have a long career with us.
"Us trading our pick 14 is not a decision we took lightly. We think Cameron has got enormous scope for improvement, he's probably been a victim of circumstance at Brisbane, which allows us the opportunity to bring him in and we think he's going to play a significant role for us in an area we're deficient in.
"When we go to the draft or the trade table, we look for opportunities, and we see Cameron as an opportunity to really develop our list."
Wood commenced his career at the Lions after being selected by the club with the overall No.18 pick in the 2004 NAB AFL Draft, after his agility and marking ability impressed the club's coaching staff.
He was the tallest player to be picked up from that draft, and was previously named the 2004 All-Australian ruckman after representing his native South Australia in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.
Under the tutelage of the Lions' ruck coach - dual premiership player and All-Australian ruckman Shaun Rehn - Wood has since developed into an impressive young player who now has 16 senior games to his name.
He was nominated for the NAB AFL Rising Star this season following his round-two performance against St Kilda, after receiving several opportunities at senior level last year when the Lions' ruck stocks were limited by injury.
Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse told collingwoodfc.com.au he believes Wood will continue to flourish when given the opportunity to work with existing ruckman Josh Fraser.
"It's terrific to have Cameron on board. He's a young ruckman that has been in the system for three years, he's played second fiddle to some very good ruckmen up in Brisbane, and we feel that under Josh, he will develop quickly into a very good ruckman," he said.
"At 204cm, he's our tallest player, which gives us the opportunity to get our hand to the football. We've been under a bit of pressure, as no doubt everyone is aware.
"The boys have tried their hardest in the middle, but sometimes when you're giving away inches and kilos, it's difficult to get to the ball.
"This is a very promising trade for us. I think it fits well within the criteria. We don't like giving away our picks, but this is for a young man who has been tutored by [Jamie] Charman and [Beau] McDonald in Brisbane, who have been very successful ruckmen.
"I think under those circumstances, we're getting ourselves a very young ruckman with three years' guidance from a pretty good couple of players."
Please note, no trades are official prior to paperwork being accepted by the AFL and formally recognised after 2pm, Friday October 9, 2007.

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=208&newsId=52393

I will go on record and say this has been an emotional week - really surprised at the lack of passion concerning players leaving and the welcome mat being drawn for a Shaw. Its amazing - you have one of the best footballers in the country in Brown roaming the forward line and Brennan wants to go because we are to Brown focus.

Yeah and Essendon will help - with Lloyd and Lucas and Johns - but seeing that we will lose Hooper and Breenan (WTF accept pick 23 for him, starting to ask questions of Gubby Allan after getting pick 34 for Aka - how are these guys not worth first rounders - i mean Mattner is goping for 28, and Brennan smokes him - Time to pull those pants down Gubby:thumbsdown:

I will go on record and say this has been an emotional week - really surprised at the lack of passion concerning players leaving and the welcome mat being drawn for a Shaw. Its amazing - you have one of the best footballers in the country in Brown roaming the forward line and Brennan wants to go because we are to Brown focus.

Yeah and Essendon will help - with Lloyd and Lucas and Johns - but seeing that we will lose Hooper and Breenan (WTF accept pick 23 for him, starting to ask questions of Gubby Allan after getting pick 34 for Aka - how are these guys not worth first rounders - i mean Mattner is goping for 28, and Brennan smokes him - Time to pull those pants down Gubby:thumbsdown:

Brennan wants to play up field, Leigh wont let him aswell. Knights will allow him to play up field for Essendon.

I won't criticise until we see what happens after our list is submitted.

IMO we have made some major errors during the past couple of trade periods. I said at the time of the Aker trade, it wasn't the fact he went for a 2nd round pick that really annoyed me, it was more the fact we agreed to accept the Bulldogs second round pick whatever that may have been. That allowed them to trade for McDougall and give us a lower selection.

Now going into this year with so many uncontracted players was a monumental error.

On Channel 10 news tonight, they said Carlton has offered Drummond one million over the next three years. Another uncontracted player.

I think every contracted and uncontracted player on our list has received a monumental offer.....except Moody

Strangely enough I can't think of many offers to any player on ANY other team

I kinda feel bad for the lions. I get mad when Hawthorn try to poach Thornton - your whole club seems to get poached.

I guess thats a good thing in a way because it speaks volumes for the types of players you guys are developing, but i'd be down right pissed off if i was a Brissy supporter.

Hope you guys can keep your team together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back