VFL 2011 Sandringham Zebras News Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sandringham Zebra's 2011

Seems to be in No-mans land, in that he hasn't yet signed with Sandringham, but hasn't deoarted to any other club (yet).

But surely Sandringham wouldn't list him as a departure if it was simply a case of being out of contract.

Yep. Even 2nd gear doesn't get Jack's name right!

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=14353483&sectionID=58665

Young Sandringham (VFL) mid fielder/versatile small, Kallen Geary is yet another key signing for Broadbeach for the 2011 season.

At Sandringham, Kallen was runner up in the Reserves Best & Fairest (by 1 vote) and was adjudged their Best Player in the 2010 Finals Series.

Best AFL player seen: Jack Stevens

Biggest Influence on your career: Brad Howard

Last book read: The Melways

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why? Leigh Montagna - I believe that we play similarly and can both run.

Yep. Even 2nd gear doesn't get Jack's name right!

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=14353483&sectionID=58665

Young Sandringham (VFL) mid fielder/versatile small, Kallen Geary is yet another key signing for Broadbeach for the 2011 season.

At Sandringham, Kallen was runner up in the Reserves Best & Fairest (by 1 vote) and was adjudged their Best Player in the 2010 Finals Series.

Best AFL player seen: Jack Stevens

Biggest Influence on your career: Brad Howard

Last book read: The Melways

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why? Leigh Montagna - I believe that we play similarly and can both run.

there seems to be a definite trend in his influences :)

Some interesting news posted by FlyingSaint on the players board:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...up-for-frankston/story-fn53khop-1225989696983

Nick Sautner could be slotting goals for the Frankston Dolphins in 2011.

He's considering a move to the Dolphins and was at training last Wednesday.

Seems his opportunities were going to be limited at the Zebs, and (for mine) it is crucial that players like Archer, Heyne, Lynch, Walsh, Cahill and Siposs are given every chance to develop - rather than getting told to run around and create space for one individual.

Some interesting news posted by FlyingSaint on the players board:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...up-for-frankston/story-fn53khop-1225989696983

Nick Sautner could be slotting goals for the Frankston Dolphins in 2011.

He's considering a move to the Dolphins and was at training last Wednesday.

Seems his opportunities were going to be limited at the Zebs, and (for mine) it is crucial that players like Archer, Heyne, Lynch, Walsh, Cahill and Siposs are given every chance to develop - rather than getting told to run around and create space for one individual.
Yeah, no doubt true Sandy supporters would be disappointed at this news.

However Saints supporters who support the Zebs, like me, would be absolutely stoked to see a Sautnerless forward line in 2011 (for the exact reason you've mentioned).

Yeah, no doubt true Sandy supporters would be disappointed at this news.

you may be surprised at how many sandy supporters would not be unhappy- they would applaud his career But wish he would see the signs- given he spends some of his year overseas anyway.

People are quick to stick the boot into Sautner but I reckon he's been good for our younger blokes.

having said that, a few of those guys have been in the system for a couple of years now and should be taking VFL games by the scruff of the neck as opposed to needing heavy experience to help them out (Rhys, Paul, Lynchy, Heyney i'm looking at you all)

2011 Zebras practice matches as follows:

Saturday 12 March - Away v Casey
Saturday 19 March - Home v Port Melbourne
Saturday 26 March - Away v Frankston

not curious at all- reality can be tough
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sautner-weighing-up-his-options-20...
Sautner weighing up his options Brent Diamond
January 19, 2011
.VFL goalkicking legend Nick Sautner could be looking for a new home after being told he was no longer guaranteed a place in the Sandringham side by incoming coach Brett Lovett.
Lovett said the club was keen to retain the nine-time ''Frosty'' Miller medallist for leading goalkicker as a forwards coach. He said he believed Sautner could languish in the reserves this season if he stayed on the list, because of limited training.
The 34-year-old, who is keen to continue playing, is weighing up an offer to return to cellar-dweller Frankston. He is understood to have trained at least once with the Dolphins over the pre-season but a decision on his playing future won't be made until next week.
''It's a shame to see a great player finish his career in the reserves,'' Lovett said.
''With his work commitments, he hasn't hardly been able to do any training at the club.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lovett said he had consulted former Zebras coach Andy Lovell, who quit Sandringham for an assistant coaching position at the Gold Coast, before making the decision.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are quick to stick the boot into Sautner but I reckon he's been good for our younger blokes.

having said that, a few of those guys have been in the system for a couple of years now and should be taking VFL games by the scruff of the neck as opposed to needing heavy experience to help them out (Rhys, Paul, Lynchy, Heyney i'm looking at you all)

This.

As frustrating as it can be at times to see Nick 'it's all about me' Sautner e.g. going for a mark in the goal square which was comfortably sailing through for a goal, he was still by far Sandy's most consistent and reliable forward and I fear for the results without him.

Yes, we all think that Stanley is a potential future superstar, but he has not yet set the world on fire for an entire game (I cannot recall him scoring more than two in any game) and Walsh will get far more attention without Sautner around if he, as I would expect it to be the case, will be a permanent forward this year.

I guess the jury is still out on Cahill (apart from spectacular marks), Lynch (looks like a different player when playing back) and Heyne (I think he has everything to be a great player - except maybe the desire to actually be such a great player). Time to deliver...

Another one to watch will be Archer - I can't wait to see if and how much work he has put into his body to back up good signs last year. Also, I hope to finally see Winmar play this year.

Re: 2011 Sandringham Zebras News

I haven't seen too much VFL. The tortures of school, living 40km away, and having your own footy to deal with.

From the little I've seen of Sautner, he seems to be the VFL Fevola. Brilliant, slightly undersized FF, with an overriding tendency to be quite selfish.

Maybe it could turn out similarly to Carlton. Maybe Walsh at FF, with Archer, Heyne, tregrear and Cahill up front could be more damaging than Sautner in the Goalsquare.

Departures after 2010

Jeremy Barnard (Reserves Coach)

Grant Holman (Assistant Coach)

Paul Hopgood (Assistant Coach)

Andy Lovell (Senior Coach)

Harley Ambrose

Jay Bruno

Stuart Cleeve

Brett Eddy

Kallen Geary

Maddison Hardiman

Brad Howard

Cameron Hunter

Clay Johnston

Tomi Johnston

Andrew McConnell

Matthew Murnane

Jonno Nash

Matt Nissen

Sam O'Sullivan

Tom Paterakis

George Rowlands

Taylor Stratton

Jake Williams

Chris Worner

Players who have re-signed 2011

Jarryd Allan

Kelvin Barnes

Nick Benbow

Matt Boland

Robbie Cathcart

David Gallagher

James Hallahan

Chris Irving

Michael Lourey

James Magner

Michael Meehan

Daniel Sands

Peter Shakallis

Matt Stapleton

Chris Waller

New personnel 2011

Brett Lovett (Senior Coach)

Mick Ablett (Reserves Coach)

John Georgiou (Assistant Coach)

Brett Dore (Nar Nar Goon/Frankston)

Paul Fermanis (Oakleigh Districts)

Rodney Jetta (Sandringham Dragons)

James Orr (Box Hill Hawks)

Jesse Plostins (Sandringham Dragons)

Nick Porebski (Sandringham Dragons)

Marcus Marigliani (Essendon/Frankston)

Tim Quick (Perth Demons/Prahran)

Michael Sikora (Heatherton)

More signings to come

I really like James Orr on that signings list. With Gardi on the edge of retirement, He wouldn't be a bad option this years draft, considering he's only really had one good year of footy behind him. Decent athletic ruckman.
Also looks like Sikora has signed. Big lumbering ruckman seen at training might have a few inches on james orr also dylan jones will be waiting to be signed up as he was a key player last year. Good big team at sandy this year!

marcus marigliani could be a good man to have around. dude played a couple of games for essendon last year and finished sixth in the liston. he'll certainly add a bit to midfield depth.

marcus marigliani could be a good man to have around. dude played a couple of games for essendon last year and finished sixth in the liston. he'll certainly add a bit to midfield depth.

Surprised to hear his Liston result. I always thought he was a bit inconsistent. Only in the best players 3 times in 14 games? But kicked a few against the Zebs early in the year and looks a dangerous player at VFL level who can kick a long goal.

Sautner announces VFL Retirement

Sandringham Captain Nick Sautner has announced his retirement from VFL Football.
After careful consideration Nick felt his professional commitments (work and study) would not allow him the level of commitment required to play at the Zebras in 2011 and would not be fair on his team mates and the coaching staff

anyone know where he's gone?

friend of a friend that's all.

very good player for a non-AFL listed bloke mind you.

How does he feel being a bloke named Maddison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back