Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaps of improvement left in him, even for this season, kicking has been shithouse for his standards so far..........

His defensive efforts, and his spoiling has been first class.

Surely there has to be a cause for a ban in trolling the faithful? Jozeph denigrates the quality of this forum and turns away intelligent discussion from opposition supporters.

I walk a tightrope, between and angel and a Beastie Boy...

People forget it's his first year cuz here no bf he's like 4th year player, the talk on his leadership is spot on last week at the 3rd break he was like the captain. He's building with every game he's played. So good to finally draft a player who plays the first year that we can all follow.

next captain. Hodge, but with a tad more c*nt.
I've also enjoyed this part of his game in the last couple of weeks. He smiles a lot but he sure has that little bit of c*nt in him. I love it

He's so desperate, would only trail Ziebell by the slimmest of margins for endeavor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love his work.

especially his c*nt. anyone with that in them is up for some success if they can back it up with their footy. and he does. love it.

That's not something you hear every day :p
find myself saying stranger and stranger things about young players who play well. i can easily be mistaken for a homosexual when it comes to talking about the bloody roos. especially after this game

What I love about him most is his energy and enthusiasm - something that I feel has been lacking of late.

He will sprint 100 metres to give his teammate a pat on the back. Whether it be for a goal, a tackle, a smother or assist. He will definitely be a captain of this football club.

You can tell he absolutely hates losing; be it a game, a contest. He is the epitome of the term "competitor" and can definitely see the comparisons with Hodge.

He will make mistakes along the way, but boy, you know exactly what you are going to get every time with LMac. 110% effort.

I reckon he's almost ready to go in the midfield now. His hands in traffic are elite. Really clean below his feat and tough at the ball and man. Once he fills out, lookout.

As Pikie said, got a little way to go with his kicking but that should come together. Also, he's not as quick as he looked at VFL level. Looks like he doesn't hold a torch to Atley and Mullet.

My favourite bit from Luke Mac yesterday:

Port are streaming into 50 with a 3-on-2. 3rd quarter I think. Luke signals to his teammate -- forget who -- to take on the ball carrier while he charges back to a 1-on-2 against the other two Port blokes. Didn't win it and it ended up a goal to them, but did make a contest and showed balls to back himself.

In his 3rd game.

He's a typical Collingwood six footer, has very little upside, can't believe the the hype, yes he is AFL standard but **** me he is nothing special, will only be a a half back flanker, big deal.

That's a negative Ghostwriter (sic), the Two Dogs bus is full.

Kid is living the dream. You can see it out there...he's as excited to be playing for North as one of us would be given the chance.
It's his team, he loves the club and it really shows.

Actually, I feel journalism is a more rewarding path in life. Sure, footy is fun, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

That's why I didn't nominate for the draft in 93, despite being assured by North they would pick me up.

Sure, I could have played in two flag winning sides, but I know I made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back