Draft Review 2008 - Re-do the 2008 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

None of those players are at our club anymore. Luckily we took Breust in the end. There's one rabbit out of the hat. :p

Breust played for the Sydney Swans premiership reserves side in 2008, so they were one club who would've known a fair bit about him.
That's my point, it's not like your club was the smartest in recruiting, you selected all of those before him. He was your 3rd pick in the rookie draft, so you also overlooked him and then threw him a lifeline, thinking "meh, why not?" and it's turned out well and good on you. But everybody overlooked him.

Rockliff is going to win this years Brownlow, he is now my number 1 tip. Polled well last year when i didnt rate him as much as others did, but this season he has exploded.

Rockliff is going to win this years Brownlow, he is now my number 1 tip. Polled well last year when i didnt rate him as much as others did, but this season he has exploded.

He would have been a good chance to win it this year. But he has already been suspended on 2 very soft charges.

He can poll the most votes but can't actually win the award. There wasn't much in his suspensions when you look at the amount of other players that get away with the same thing.

He would have been a good chance to win it this year. But he has already been suspended on 2 very soft charges.
He can poll the most votes but can't actually win the award. There wasn't much in his suspensions when you look at the amount of other players that get away with the same thing.
i do not remember him getting suspended at all, Fyfe and Rockliff will probably poll the most votes too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Dayne Beams
2. Daniel Hannebery
3. Steele Sidebottom
4. Tom Rockliff
5. Rory Sloane
6. Luke Breust
7. Nic Naitanui
8. Stephen Hill
9. Steven Motlop
10. Jack Redden
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Jack Ziebell
13. David Zaharakis
14. Hayden Ballantyne
15. Daniel Rich
16. Chris Yarran
17. Michael Walters
18. Jackson Trengove
19. Nick Suban
20. Matt DeBoer

1. Dayne Beams
2. Daniel Hannebery
3. Steele Sidebottom
4. Tom Rockliff
5. Rory Sloane
6. Luke Breust
7. Nic Naitanui
8. Stephen Hill
9. Steven Motlop
10. Jack Redden
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Jack Ziebell
13. David Zaharakis
14. Chris Yarran
15. Daniel Rich
16. Michael Walters
17. Hayden Ballantyne
18. Jackson Trengove
19. Nick Suban
20. Matt DeBoer

Rich and Ballantyne would be above Yarran but apart from that pretty accurate.

1. Dayne Beams
2. Daniel Hannebery
3. Steele Sidebottom
4. Tom Rockliff
5. Rory Sloane
6. Luke Breust
7. Nic Naitanui
8. Stephen Hill
9. Steven Motlop
10. Jack Redden
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Jack Ziebell
13. David Zaharakis
14. Chris Yarran
15. Daniel Rich
16. Michael Walters
17. Hayden Ballantyne
18. Jackson Trengove
19. Nick Suban
20. Matt DeBoer

It's a solid year isn't it Dennis

Yep top end especially good. But how on earth did Breust slip all the way to deep in the RD is beyond me.

There is always 1 of these 'how on earth did X slip' in every draft. How did Taylor slip to 27? How did Cox last to the RD, How did Hird last till a pick in the 70's, etc.

I know he's the favorite overrated player on Bigfooty but I think you could mount a case for Hurley being a fair bit better than a few in these lists. Has had a pretty solid year after a few shaky games early and especially finished very strongly.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2014&Compare=Compare&PlayerName1=&PlayerName2=&PlayerName3=Matt de boer&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=1901,1986,1903,
The year is strong but you're kidding yourself if you have Hurley behind De Boer and Suban.

1. Dayne Beams
2. Nic Naitanui
3. Tom Rockliff
4. Daniel Rich
5. Rory Sloane
6. Luke Breust
7. Hamish Hartlett
8. Stephen Hill
9. Jack Ziebell
10. Dan Hanneberry
11. Hayden Ballantyne
12. Steele Sidebottom
13. Luke Shuey
14. Michael Walters
15. Stephen Motlop
16. Chris Yarran
17. David Zaharakis
18. Jarrad Redden
19. Matt Suckling
20. Nick Suban

This is how I see it after 2014... What do you guys think?

What a great top 20... I would take any of these players in my top 10 in any other draft... Strong year

Honourable mentions De Boer, Broadbent, Phil Davis, Michael Hurley, Shoenmakers, Wright and Bennell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back