2012 Membership Tally - Part2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's amazing to see the juggernaut support of both Essendon and Carlton when paired together...

2011 Elimination Final
Essendon vs Carlton - MCG (crowd: 90,161)

Compared to,

2011 Grand Final
Collingwood vs Geelong - MCG (crowd: 99,537)

The GF was the only final to surpass the highest ever attended EF in VFL/AFL history in 2011, and it only did so by a mere 9,376 people. This is disregarding the amount of spectators that attend these finals (which by assumption would be more for a GF than an Elim).

Essendon is still ahead of what it was this time last year, so 50k is even more possible this year.

Unless Richmond have the goods to get to 50k, which I doubt, then you're not going to get near us by the end of it all.

That being said, if Richmond do in fact reach 50k, then good on them, as that would only prove a healthier league.

Essendon is still ahead of what it was this time last year, so 50k is even more possible this year.

Unless Richmond have the goods to get to 50k, which I doubt, then you're not going to get near us by the end of it all.

That being said, if Richmond do in fact reach 50k, then good on them, as that would only prove a healthier league.

We'll get 50k. When we have family day we'll be 2-3k ahead of last year and we got 48k last year

What are you talking about? We had 48k last year, 50k this year is a certainty..

Its not like Richmond have made the finals or anything in the past decade, so you have to hand it to our supporters who sign up no matter what, and it was only 2 years ago that we finished with more members than the bombers. We continue to sell more membership than the blues who have been in the 8 for 3 years now..

If we ever get on a roll like that, membership sales will go through the roof.. and if we played finals in 2011 like the efc theres no doubt we would have been a few k ahead of you right now.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Richmond is a giant club and you guys will all realise this when our resurrection is complete.

It's amazing to see the juggernaut support of both Essendon and Carlton when paired together...

2011 Elimination Final
Essendon vs Carlton - MCG (crowd: 90,161)

Compared to,

2011 Grand Final
Collingwood vs Geelong - MCG (crowd: 99,537)

The GF was the only final to surpass the highest ever attended EF in VFL/AFL history in 2011, and it only did so by a mere 9,376 people. This is disregarding the amount of spectators that attend these finals (which by assumption would be more for a GF than an Elim).

What a load of crap. Please tell me how more people could have fit into the GF?

In 2010 Geelong vs Collingwood got 88k and 84k, in regular season matches!!!!! Not even finals!!!!! In 2011, they got 81k and (get this....) over 85k to a dead rubber!!!!

If Essendon and Carlton is a juggernaut based on EF attendances, what does that make geelong Vs Collingwood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you talking about? We had 48k last year, 50k this year is a certainty..

Its not like Richmond have made the finals or anything in the past decade, so you have to hand it to our supporters who sign up no matter what, and it was only 2 years ago that we finished with more members than the bombers. We continue to sell more membership than the blues who have been in the 8 for 3 years now..

If we ever get on a roll like that, membership sales will go through the roof.. and if we played finals in 2011 like the efc theres no doubt we would have been a few k ahead of you right now.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Richmond is a giant club and you guys will all realise this when our resurrection is complete.

The second bolded statement contradicts the first.

Something I've always wondered, Richmond fans always talking themselves up as a club with loyal fans, 'easily over 40k members and haven't made finals, wow we are loyal', then go on to say they would have 70k members if they were a top 4 team?

ITT: Richmond supporters with small man syndrome. +1 for giving them their own thread.

Will be interesting to see how the Giants' membership increases now their tv campaign has started. 6076 at late Feb is not the worst effort considering they are starting virtually from scratch...

The second bolded statement contradicts the first.

Something I've always wondered, Richmond fans always talking themselves up as a club with loyal fans, 'easily over 40k members and haven't made finals, wow we are loyal', then go on to say they would have 70k members if they were a top 4 team?

There are loyal fans who will buy a membership no matter what, and Richmond has plenty of them.. There are also however thousands of Richmond supporters who have had a gut full of having no success and have not renewed their memberships in years..

I think Brendon Gale said that in the past decade there have been 100,000 members who have not renewed and success on field will go a long way to getting at least some of those members back.

There are loyal fans who will buy a membership no matter what, and Richmond has plenty of them.. There are also however thousands of Richmond supporters who have had a gut full of having no success and have not renewed their memberships in years..

I think Brendon Gale said that in the past decade there have been 100,000 members who have not renewed and success on field will go a long way to getting at least some of those members back.

Not having a go but that doesn't really fall into the category of loyal.

ITT: Richmond supporters with small man syndrome. +1 for giving them their own thread.

Will be interesting to see how the Giants' membership increases now their tv campaign has started. 6076 at late Feb is not the worst effort considering they are starting virtually from scratch...

It's not too bad. Hopefully they top 10k this season. You'd hope that they'd, at least, match the number of foundation members they got last season.

So what you're trying to say is that Richmond has a lot of supporters, even if they aren't particularly loyal?

Not having a go but that doesn't really fall into the category of loyal.

As much as I hate these dick measuring contests, I think the point is, is that we have a large core group of loyal supporters who sign up every year no matter the situation, our core supporter base just happens to be in the top4-5 numbers wise.

You should reread his post. And why is Richmond all of sudden become the FOTM-HateClub all of a sudden?

I like Richmond, just thought his post was slightly contradictory. Re-read my post, it was only a slight jest.

You should reread his post. And why is Richmond all of sudden become the FOTM-HateClub all of a sudden?

I can only speak for myself but I open this thread to check the progress of all the clubs, not listen to Richmond spporters continually going on about how great they are. It's bloody pathetic and ruins it for people that don't want to sift through pages of garbage to see the updates.

I'm surprised that Gaelictioger hasn't hijacked this thread and start a "big 4" s**t fight with Hawthorn supporters yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back