2014-15 EPL, Matchday 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention to two he won he was losing 0-1 in extra time then the miracle 2 goals in 2 mins. Then the other one, he needed John Terry to slip over from the pen spot. He could really have finished his career with 0 European Cups.

I personally don't buy that s**t - you could say that same sort of thing for every game of the season and get completely different winners.

Not to mention to two he won he was losing 0-1 in extra time then the miracle 2 goals in 2 mins. Then the other one, he needed John Terry to slip over from the pen spot. He could really have finished his career with 0 European Cups.
Could have finished with 5. You need a bit of luck in the UCL.

I personally don't buy that s**t - you could say that same sort of thing for every game of the season and get completely different winners.
Well you are winning 1-0 with 2 minutes to go. 99% of the time you win that game. Amazingly United got 2 in 2 and it's history now.

Also your European Cup is on John Terry's boot. He just needs to score his pen and it's over. He slips over. You go on and win.

SAF did win two European Cup's but it could have very easily been 0.

Also im so glad Arsenal lost on the weekend. It's nice to know that we are s**t, but so are Everton, Arsenal, Spurs and United. Still gives me hope we can somehow recover and make top 4.

A fool's hope, but hope nonetheless.

if they were 5th or 6th, sure.

but they were dead last. they're still only a point above relegation. you can't tell me that hertha berlin, freiburg, frankfurt, koln, paderborn, mainz, augsburg, hoffenheim, hannover or gladbach have the players or resources of dortmund currently, yet they're all above them.

he has to prove himself all over again. just like other managers and players have before him, and will continue to do in the future.

btw, this is a league where franco di santo is equal top scorer.
You could argue Premier league consist of worse teams/players than the bundesliga at the moment as all 4 german teams likely to qualify for knockout stages of champions league (3 in first 1 in second) while epl sides are being "embarrassed" maybe not as good as media makes out.

With you here. We are only 4 points out of a CL spot. Yet have been absolutely dire!! From all reports Daniel Sturridge is back. Will that completely turn us around? Who knows but I ******* hope so considering the 0 league goals Lambert, Balo and Borini have managed this season.
It's like our season but in a red kit

You could argue Premier league consist of worse teams/players than the bundesliga at the moment as all 4 german teams likely to qualify for knockout stages of champions league (3 in first 1 in second) while epl sides are being "embarrassed" maybe not as good as media makes out.

you could, but that's a theoretical situation impossible to prove.

like i said, klopp's tactics are still working fine in europe, but seem to have been found out in germany, which will logically occur with the german teams facing bayern and dortmund a lot more than other teams. well besides us because we keep getting drawn with bayern.

absolutely, the bundesliga is absolutely fantastic to watch.

but lets not pretend that the likes of frankfurt, paderborn and hertha berlin should be above dortmund after 10 games. that is all i'm saying, is that klopp may have been found out, and may need to tweak his tactics. absolutely nothing else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also im so glad Arsenal lost on the weekend. It's nice to know that we are s**t, but so are Everton, Arsenal, Spurs and United. Still gives me hope we can somehow recover and make top 4.

A fool's hope, but hope nonetheless.

We're s**t ... but we've got Alexis Sanchez.

Well you are winning 1-0 with 2 minutes to go. 99% of the time you win that game. Amazingly United got 2 in 2 and it's history now.

Also your European Cup is on John Terry's boot. He just needs to score his pen and it's over. He slips over. You go on and win.

SAF did win two European Cup's but it could have very easily been 0.
What a pointless post.

It's a perpetual state of good but not quite good enough.
That's the thing though, we were good enough. We used to be what teams would measure themselves against, try and be as good us. Now we just blend in and have no real redeeming features. We lack character, we lack the commitment, we lack the fear we used to be able to put into other teams. Playing Arsenal was a challenge, you knew you had to be at your best or you'd be simply torn apart with the fluid passing, quick ball movement and ruthless attacking power. But now all of that only appears in very brief flashes at best. Now we are just another fixture on the list. And there is only one man to blame for all of this.

will play devil's advocate here

dortmund were bottom before a kramer own goal. teams appear to have, in germany at least, gotten a grasp of how to counter dortmund's style. we saw this with pep's barca. while the sheer quality in barca's team often got them through in spain, they found it harder and harder to break down teams, who would just staunchly defend. while the stats would say they dominated, they would start dropping silly points, or narrowly get 1-0 wins. the stats say dortmund dominated a resolute gladbach, who favre has set up to frustrate the big two. he played the same way against bayern and got a point, and very well could've if kramer hadn't done the spectacular.

my thought is, maybe klopp's mega press has been found out. and does he have the ability to change his tactics?

i love klopp, as does everyone, he's a great personality and his dortmund team has arguably overachieved and developed some monster players. but now these players seemingly want to leave, others are injured, or a combination of the two. people will bring up the injuries, the lack of money, but they were bottom. dead last. to me, klopp has to now prove that he can adjust and change his dortmund team.
Replace Klopp with Wenger and Dortmund with Arsenal and it would still make sense. I think we need someone drastically different to Wenger, not his doppelganger.

That's the thing though, we were good enough. We used to be what teams would measure themselves against, try and be as good us. Now we just blend in and have no real redeeming features. We lack character, we lack the commitment, we lack the fear we used to be able to put into other teams. Playing Arsenal was a challenge, you knew you had to be at your best or you'd be simply torn apart with the fluid passing, quick ball movement and ruthless attacking power. But now all of that only appears in very brief flashes at best. Now we are just another fixture on the list. And there is only one man to blame for all of this.
But there is also one man to blame for making you that way in the first place though right?

Me too unfortunately. :( Scoring looks nigh on impossible sometimes. Such a massive turnaround from last season. At least Sturridge is back. Maybe, just maybe, we can score some goals now.

Dat feel when you have one shot on target at Burnley.

You mean, being feared etc?

Blame is not a word I would use in that instance, what Wenger did back in the day deserved the highest praise.
Makes it tough now then doesnt it if you think he is to blame for why you are s**t, when he was the reason you were so good in the first place. But all relationships must end.

Imo, Arsenal lost their competitive edge when they lost their campaigners. Vieira, Lauren, Keown = Leaders and Campaigners. I don't see any in this Arsenal team. Flamini maybe but he's more of a cheap shot artist these days. Other teams didn't want to mess with them in their pomp. Same with Keane at United, Terry at Chelsea. Arse need a leader who will set an example for the others to follow.

Replace Klopp with Wenger and Dortmund with Arsenal and it would still make sense. I think we need someone drastically different to Wenger, not his doppelganger.
Understand what you're saying. However, if you employed someone with a drastically different system, you'd probably need to change the team quite a bit.
Not sure why everyone isn't trying to poach Dortmund's scouts. They are amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back