Resource 2014 Annual Reports - ALl clubs now complete (in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing the dogs can turn a profit on such meagre returns from memberships, a full $1.6 mill below St Kilda's

As with everything to do with these reports, it's tough to judge if you're comparing apples with apples.

Doesn't that include money to cover the salary cap? So the money is effectively going to the players anyway?

Particularly when you factor in the 22 million spent on the Players Association. Of 236 million in broadcast and media, 231 million was paid to clubs and the players association.

Not much left at all for the rest of it.

Not really, but bear in mind that player wages arent being taken out of club memberships, sponsorships, gaming funds, which the players also want a percentage of. The AFL distribution makes up just under 1/3rd of a small clubs income, under 1/4 for an average club, and about 1/6-1/7th for clubs like Collingwood and hawthorn.

The clubs are understandably concerned about pushes for a fixed percentage of all income. particularly when gaming - especially at smaller clubs is barely profitable.

Not really, but bear in mind that player wages arent being taken out of club memberships, sponsorships, gaming funds, which the players also want a percentage of. The AFL distribution makes up just under 1/3rd of a small clubs income, under 1/4 for an average club, and about 1/6-1/7th for clubs like Collingwood and hawthorn.

The clubs are understandably concerned about pushes for a fixed percentage of all income. particularly when gaming - especially at smaller clubs is barely profitable.

If they get a share of 'all' income sources, then it would need to be the 'net' values. Pokies might have $1Million revenue, but if only 100K is 'profit' returned from the club, then players should only get a share of that. Of course, allowing for that creates a whole range of potential loopholes.

It also brings up the obvious issue of how St Kilda pays it's players a percentage of Collingwoods income. Redistribution would need to go into overdrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah I wasn't talking about the clubs more so the AFL and what they have to finance.

Ah gotcha. Is there a link to where they made their other monies?

For last year and 2012

2013annualreport_revenue.png

Overall Revenue and expense since 2004.

2013annualreport_aflfinance.png

North Melbourne, West Coast and Fremantle Annual Reports are online at ASIC - you can buy them for $38.00 each - or wait for me to. Norths is normally available on their site for download by now.

Gold Coast, GWS, Sydney, Port Adelaide and Adelaide arent out or up yet.

Ill get them all eventually and put them up for the rest of you, but if anyone wanted to help out, Id be most grateful.

For last year and 2012

2013annualreport_revenue.png

Overall Revenue and expense since 2004.

2013annualreport_aflfinance.png

I was just noting that all of the broadcasting and commercial revenue in the consolidated figures is coming entirely from the holding company, but then I note that under "other revenue", there appear to be subsidiaries making some $43 mill in 2013 and I was just wondering what those activities might be (AFL Media or something similar?).

Also the bottom table shows revenue in 2013 of $446.5M, but that figure does not correspond to the figure in the top table.

I was just noting that all of the broadcasting and commercial revenue in the consolidated figures is coming entirely from the holding company, but then I note that under "other revenue", there appear to be subsidiaries making some $43 mill in 2013 and I was just wondering what those activities might be (AFL Media or something similar?).

Also the bottom table shows revenue in 2013 of $446.5M, but that figure does not correspond to the figure in the top table.

The AFL report is an odd one like that - but i think the remaining revenue is derived from its subsidaries. there isnt really an explanation for the discrepancy. Dont forget the AFL owns the state competitions in 5 states now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back