List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he came good after the ball started going to their forward line again after the McLean/De Goey combo punch in the second.

Touk Miller is small, David Rodan look alike but a better user. He was a gun yesterday. On the small side but very good. I liked Matthew Jackson, he was number 7 for Oakleigh. Tallish mid/half forward. De Goey looked ok, but I think I still prefer Langford or Laverde of the taller mids.

No way the Pies won't have to use their first pick on Moore, he's a jet. We should nominate him and hope the Pies don't match it. He is probably the best tall in the draft.

Wright didn't play and I am spewing about it. I saw him the crowd and he's a monster! Oh well...maybe he didn't want to expose his form because he wants to sneak to the dogs!

I have commented on young Foster on another thread.

I dreamt that I was no longer on university exchange in Canada, I was sitting at the draft table wearing a Bulldogs polo with my ex girlfriend, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore and Simon Dalrymple. He picked a player called Jason Moriarty, a pacey outside mid with an exquisite left foot with our first pick and I was angry cause he reminded me of Christian Howard. Whenever I tried to look at Dalrymple's list one of them would block me like an offensive linemen.

Who do Adelaide take if they trade danger to melbourne for frawleys compo pick (among other things)??? Wright I guess.
Yeah they would take Wright. We really dont want Dees getting pick 3 but i think its likely to happen

If we take our first and two second rounders to the draft i'd be looking at getting
pick 6 Wright if not Lever/Durdin
pick 26 Tom Lamb if not another who slips
pick27 wouldn't mind Touk Miller but may be too early vojo rainbow
pick 44 Cordy F/S
pick 62 Foster F/S

Am I right assuming if St kilda, Mebourne, GWS, and Brisbane don't nominate Cordy or Foster with their first or second rounders then we get both for third and fourth rounders?

I think a haul of Wright, Lamb, Miller/Rainbow, Cordy and Foster would be a good draft with Jong and Redpath upgraded

If we take our first and two second rounders to the draft i'd be looking at getting
pick 6 Wright if not Lever/Durdin
pick 26 Tom Lamb if not another who slips
pick27 wouldn't mind Touk Miller but may be too early vojo rainbow
pick 44 Cordy F/S
pick 62 Foster F/S

Am I right assuming if St kilda, Mebourne, GWS, and Brisbane don't nominate Cordy or Foster with their first or second rounders then we get both for third and fourth rounders?

I think a haul of Wright, Lamb, Miller/Rainbow, Cordy and Foster would be a good draft with Jong and Redpath upgraded

I agree with u there, but that also means 7 players have to come off the main list, plus we will have to draft 4 new rookies.

Who are the 7 off?

Gia, Williams - retired
Higgins - for pick 27

Goodes, Howard, Young, ???

Pearce, Grant and Fuller would be unlucky after years ruined by injury, not sure if anyone else is in the gun...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Wright/Lever/Durdin/Goddard

Think I'd be happy with any of those to be honest, as long as the club gave a short explanation of why they drafted the specific players they do
like they did with Macrae & Stringer & Hrovat & Prudden, didn't really do it with the Bont, Fuller and Honeychurch

Jong also will be elevated

One of our picks might also yet be traded for a decent (-fingers crossed-) top up player
but hopefully we get some good class in all around the ground
as well as some fresh depth and see if we can unearth some special talent somewhere

so one of those KPPs 1st and then a classy midfielder in the second, would be good :p

I'd really like to know what it meant.
Freud would say that it was your subconscious trying to warn you about making a poor decision in life. Maybe having to do with the ex.

Other dream analysts would say it's about wish fulfilment, I.e, you want the dogs not to make a mistake in the upcoming draft, with the presence of two quality picks in Libba and Macrae there.

Personally I just think you've been watching too much footy and Sherlock.

Yeah they would take Wright. We really dont want Dees getting pick 3 but i think its likely to happen
Posed the question to the Adelaide board and they would want to trade the pick or take Brayshaw (although they dont think Danger is going anywhere let alone to the Dees). Makes sense. Wright wouldn't be for them as he would be surplus after Jacobs and Jenkins.

Saw Dalrymple speak to a small function before VFL GF. It's the first time I have heard him say publicly "we'll be taking best kid available regardless of their height, and try and address other areas during the trade period".

This tells me that if Dal/JMac think a tall KPP is not a lock. And if there is a mid that they rate higher than a tall defender/forward they will pull the trigger. The combine results might just tip them over.

Saw Dalrymple speak to a small function before VFL GF. It's the first time I have heard him say publicly "we'll be taking best kid available regardless of their height, and try and address other areas during the trade period".

This tells me that if Dal/JMac think a tall KPP is not a lock. And if there is a mid that they rate higher than a tall defender/forward they will pull the trigger. The combine results might just tip them over.

I'm really pleased to hear that he said this. I guess that means we are no chance to trade up - did you get that impression Kelvin?

Thanks for the information by the way - appreciated!

That makes me think if Brayshaw was to last to our pick we'd take him in a heartbeat.

Still think Lever is our man, though.

Very good, cheers. So we are taking best available, good to know, takes a bit of the guess work out. And i'm sure no one would complain if we got ouselves another libba rather then a big KPF. elite is elite at the end of the day.

That's a sure fire way to stay down forever. "Best available" is what got us in this position in the first place.

No-one has any bloody idea who the best player in the draft will be, in 10 years time we still won't agree about a draft order.

It's certainly safer to draft a midfielder, and if you always took midfielders you would be thought of as a good recruiter, but you wouldn't win s**t.

It's a much bigger risk to take a KPP, but without them you will be in our position forever, so sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and take them, accept that some will be busts and move on.

You simply can't trade for a KPP unless you're happy to settle for Kingsley Hunter, Trent Bartlett, Aaron James or the 100 other dud forwards we've traded for in the last 30 years.

Question for the draft watchers. Is Wright a chance to be a genuinely dominant key forward or is he really a ruck man who can pinch hit forward??
He is certainly a chance. There is debate as to whether he is a ruckman or forward first but he can play both positions well and i think forward would suit him more. However he is no Boyd or Patton. He's a massive unit and as such that means he dominates at the U18 level simply due to his size but he hasn't taken over as many games as Boyd or Patton did. He doesnt have that level of aggression to take control of a match through sheer willpower. But in saying that he is a smart forward, knows how to lead, knows where to position himself and is a booming kick. Certainly has all the tools to become a power forward but might take a bit of time. He's a no-brainer at pick 5. Would i trade up for him? Probably not for most clubs but for us who are in need for a power forward i would bite the bullet and ensure we get him

I'm really pleased to hear that he said this. I guess that means we are no chance to trade up - did you get that impression Kelvin?

Thanks for the information by the way - appreciated!

Yep. The impression I got was that we will not trade up. Dalrymple did mention that they were a bit disappointed the Wright was a late withdrawal from the TAC GF with a knee as they were looking forward to seeing him on the "big stage". But gave nothing away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back